Tournament Players Clubs (TPCs)
Since TPC Sawgrass, the first Tournament Players Club, opened in 1980, the PGA TOUR’s TPC Network of private and destination golf clubs has maintained a reputation for developing and operating outstanding PGA TOUR golf properties across the country (www.tpc.com).
With the TPC Sawgrass, home of THE PLAYERS Championship, as the flagship, each subsequent TPC Network club has been created with spectator golf in mind. Many TPCs are currently the host courses for PGA TOUR, Champions Tour or Web.com Tour events. In fact, TPC Network clubs have hosted more than 200 professional golf tournaments.
Last year, the PGA TOUR continued to distinguish itself as a leader in delivering memorable experiences for TOUR players, members, guests and tournament fans through its TPC Network of clubs. The TOUR also brought to life its “Together, anything’s possible” charitable mission by raising $1.6 million for military men and women and their families through charitable events held at TPCs as part of the TOUR’s Birdies for the Brave military outreach initiative. The TOUR also continued to award TPC memberships to the Wounded Warrior Project through its Adopt-A-Wounded Warrior program. The TOUR also helped to make a difference in communities nationwide for non-profit organizations through the Adopt-A-Charity program conducted at TPCs.
Every club in the TPC Network embraces the PGA TOUR’s charity message, “Together, anything’s possible” by supporting philanthropic initiatives designed to enrich and enhance the quality of life in local communities These include:
Birdies for the Brave
Birdies for the Brave, a PGA TOUR Charities, Inc program is a military outreach initiative proudly supported by the PGA TOUR. Since 2005, the TOUR has joined with players, corporate partners, TPC club members, fans and TOUR employees to raise more than $6.5 million for military-homefront charities that provide vital services and programs for military men and women and their families. Birdies for the Brave was established by TOUR player Phil Mickelson and his wife, Amy. Since the program’s inception, Birdies for the Brave has grown to include a variety of military outreach efforts, including Patriots’ Outpost military hospitality chalets and military celebrations held during tournaments; letter-writing campaigns for the troops; distribution of care packages to troops stationed abroad; awarding an honorary membership at each TPC to the Wounded Warrior Project for the benefit of a local wounded warrior; and a series of fund-raising events conducted at the TOUR’s TPC Network of clubs nationwide and partner properties. This enables fans, club members, sponsors and the public the opportunity to participate in charity golf tournaments and other activities that directly benefit military men and women and their families, while at the same time play the same golf courses where the world’s best golfers compete. The Navy SEAL Foundation and Wounded Warrior Project are just two of the many homefront groups who benefit from the Birdies for the Brave program.
To learn more about the many ways the PGA TOUR supports the U.S. military and their families, please visit www.birdiesforthebrave.org or facebook.com/birdiesforthebrave
As part of the PGA TOUR’s national relationship with the Make-A-Wish Foundation, TPCs help create unique VIP experiences for children with life-threatening illnesses and their families during PGA TOUR tournaments. Make-A-Wish families are treated to inside-the-ropes opportunities such as meet and greets with TOUR players, behind-the-scenes tours of clubhouses and tournament-operations facilities. In some cases, the opportunity also arises for someone to play a round of golf with or hit balls on the practice facility with a TOUR player.
The PGA TOUR’s Adopt-A-Charity program is a grass-roots vehicle for local fundraising. Under the program, each TPC club becomes aligned with a local non-profit organization and conducts an annual charity golf tournament for its benefit. Since the program’s inception, TPCs have helped local charities raise more than $3.3 million for programs ranging from children’s hospitals and educational programs to food banks and health-related causes.
The First Tee
The First Tee is a national, youth-development organization that uses golf to teach character development. As part of the PGA TOUR’s national partnership with The First Tee, TPCs regularly support local First Tee chapters by hosting fund-raising events, donating auction items and, where feasible, serving as a venue for local programs. The practice facility at TPC River Highlands (Cromwell, Conn.), for example, serves as home to The First Tee of Connecticut, while the club features a dedicated First Tee nine-hole course adjacent to the practice facility. www.thefirsttee.org.
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter:
Birdies for the Brave:
Birdies for the Brave:
- AT&T Byron Nelson teams with Callaway Golf, Birdies for the Brave to honor pair of wounded veterans 06/01/2015
- Operation Shower teams with THE PLAYERS, Birdies for the Brave to host baby shower for 40 military moms-to-be 05/06/2015
- Web.com Tour Championship, City of Jacksonville donate $408K to The First Tee 02/18/2015
- PGA TOUR Wives Classic set for Jan. 27 at Waste Management Phoenix Open 01/15/2015
- Fred Funk helps kick off THE PLAYERS Giving Back Month 11/08/2014
- Shriners Hospitals for Children to bring 'hospital experience' to TPC Summerlin 10/13/2014
- VIDEO: The PLAYERS Championship gives back 06/25/2014
- PGA TOUR Player of the Month presented by Avis award program surpasses $1 million in giving 06/19/2014
- Travelers Championship hosts Operation Shower for military moms-to-be 06/18/2014
- Compton continues to shine after whirlwind U.S. Open week 06/18/2014
- Lowcountry Foundation for Wounded Military Heroes donates $115,000 to Birdies for the Brave homefront groups 06/06/2014
- On Course member joins TPC Potomac staff 05/15/2014
- Wounded warriors treated to Callaway club fitting at THE PLAYERS 05/06/2014
- THE PLAYERS to host “Pink Out” on Mother’s Day 05/02/2014
- Valero Texas Open raises $9 million for children's charities in 2014 03/31/2014
- Darius Rucker to headline 2014 Furyk & Friends Concert and Celebrity Golf Classic 03/12/2014
- 2013 Travelers Championship generates $1,253,000 for charity 11/21/2013
- THE PLAYERS Championship raises a record $7.1 million for charities in 2013 11/14/2013
- PHOTOS: Birdies for the Brave event at TPC Sawgrass 11/11/2013
- The First Tee visits Chevron STEM Zone at TPC Harding Park 10/31/2013
|FIND A PLAYER|
|FIND A TOURNAMENT|
|FIND A CAUSE|