About Benaroya Reseach Institute at Virginia Mason:
Type 1 diabetes, multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis, lupus. These are a just a few of more than 80 autoimmune diseases that affect one in 20 Americans and cost an estimated $20 billion a year in medical care.
While many autoimmune diseases are little known, they all have a common cause: The immune system - which is designed to protect the body against infection - attacks the body's healthy tissue instead.
Benaroya Research Institute at Virginia Mason (BRI), located in Seattle, Washington, is a worldwide leader in autoimmune disease research. BRI's teams of world-renowned scientists work every day to develop therapies to reverse the effects of autoimmune diseases - and to eliminate them altogether.
Today, these scientists are making great headway in unlocking the mysteries of the immune system and solving the puzzle of autoimmune diseases.
- Drawing Inspiration from One Another
- Still Studying, Still Grateful
- Thanks Tiger!
- The Latest DePuy Mitek Player Charity Program Standings
- Thanks Nick!
- Four Purple Heart recipients to be awarded mortgage-free homes during Crowne Plaza Invitational at Colonial
- PGA TOUR Wives launch "Beyond the Fairways and Greens"
- A Pretty Popular Pastel
- The Barclays Video Diary
- Thanks, Ian!
|FIND A PLAYER|
|FIND A TOURNAMENT|
|FIND A CAUSE|