Valero Texas Open
San Antonio, Texas
As successful as the Valero Texas Open was “inside the ropes,” the most fulfilling aspect is the event’s impact “outside the ropes.” This year’s Valero Texas Open, along with the Valero Benefit for Children, raised $9 million which will be distributed to hundreds of worthy charity organizations; positively impacting communities near and far.
This incredible effort brings the Texas Open’s total charitable contribution to $95 million - $90.5 million of which has been raised since 2002 when Valero became the tournament’s title sponsor. This helps put the Valero Texas Open closer to the “Drive to $100 Million for Charities” milestone. And for the 13th consecutive year, the tournament is among the Top 3 of the PGA TOUR charitable leaderboard.
“For us, this is what the tournament is all about; it’s about the hundreds of children’s charities that benefit from our efforts, and the constant support of our spectators and sponsors,” said Joe Gorder, President & CEO of Valero Energy Corporation.
Funds were raised through Valero Texas Open sponsorships combined with the Valero Benefit for Children – a fund raising event in which 2,500+ participants enjoyed golf outings across 11 of San Antonio’s premier golf courses or a sporting clays competition, all of which was held the Monday following the Valero Texas Open.
The Valero Texas Open also raised charitable dollars through a variety of programs including its pro-am golf tournaments, corporate sponsorships, ticket sales, the Birdies for Charity program in which nonprofit organizations solicit pledges for every birdie made during tournament week, and the Chip In for Schools program, which allows schools to sell discounted tournament tickets and keep all the proceeds.
“We aren’t going to stop at $100 million,” Gorder said. “It’s just a milestone.”
For a complete list of the Valero Texas Open's benefitting charities, please click here.
- Valero Texas Open kicks off 2015 Birdies for Charity campaign 10/17/2014
- Valero Texas Open's 'Birdies for Charity' campaign raises $1.8M for San Antonio charities 08/05/2014
- Valero Texas Open raises $9 million for children's charities in 2014 03/31/2014
- Valero Texas Open 'lit up the night' with kickoff party to launch 2014 countdown 10/30/2013
- Nine Million: It's a Big Number 04/19/2012
- Valero Texas Open Raises Record $9 Million for Charity 04/14/2011
- Valero Donations Spark Cheers 09/17/2010
- Operation Literacy 05/31/2010
- Valero Benefits Children's Charities 05/19/2010
- Valero Texas Open, TPC San Antonio Help Patient Realize Dream 05/16/2010
|FIND A PLAYER|
|FIND A TOURNAMENT|
|FIND A CAUSE|