Northern Trust Open
Pacific Palisades, California
The Northern Trust Open continues a PGA TOUR tradition of giving back, strengthening individuals, families and their communities through innovative and responsive philanthropic programs. The 2012 Northern Trust Open raised $1.7 million for non-profit organizations in the Los Angeles area, bringing the total generated for Los Angeles charities since the event’s inception to $55.2 million.
In July 2012, City of Hope, a leading research, treatment and education center for cancer, diabetes, HIV/AIDS and other life-threatening diseases, was named Official Charity of the Northern Trust Open. As the official charity, City of Hope utilizes the event as a platform to educate the nation about its work and benefits from the considerable charitable dollars generated each year from tournament proceeds. In turn, City of Hope works alongside the Northern Trust Open to generate exposure, sales, promotion and growth of the event.
Although City of Hope is the primary beneficiary of the Northern Trust Open, the long-term charitable strategy of the event includes three additional avenues for local organizations to receive funding: The LA Legends Club (which award grants to deserving charities of their choice each year); Community Charities (TICKETS Fore CHARITY™ participants, as well as the Patriots’ Outpost and The First Tee); and Operational Charities (those that assist with the operations of the tournament and receive charitable contributions for facility use and staffing).
- Northern Trust gives $10,000 to Los Angeles Junior Chamber of Commerce and The Mulligan Project through Northern Trust Open’s TICKETS Fore CHARITY™ program 01/25/2013
- Northern Trust Open names City of Hope as official charity 07/10/2012
- Northern Trust Open generates a record $1.7 million for LA charities 06/21/2012
- Chevron EAGLES FOR EDUCATION: Grand Totals from the Northern Trust Open 02/19/2012
- Chevron EAGLES FOR EDUCATION: Round 3 Update from the Northern Trust Open 02/19/2012
- Chevron EAGLES FOR EDUCATION: Round 2 Update from the Northern Trust Open 02/18/2012
- Chevron EAGLES FOR EDUCATION: Round 1 Update from the Northern Trust Open 02/17/2012
- Hurley Welcomes Four Unique Pro-Am Partners 02/13/2012
- Martina McBride Sets Special Performance at Northern Trust Open 01/09/2012
- Big Charity-Giving Year for Northern Trust Open 06/15/2011
|FIND A PLAYER|
|FIND A TOURNAMENT|
|FIND A CAUSE|