The First Tee
To impact the lives of young people by providing educational programs that build character, instill life-enhancing values and promote healthy choices through the game of golf.
The First Tee is an international youth development organization introducing the game of golf and its inherent values to young people on golf courses, in elementary schools and at other youth-serving locations. The First Tee helps shape the lives of young people from all walks of life by using golf to introduce them to life skills and character education, including The First Tee Nine Core Values, like integrity, respect and perseverance, and The First Tee Nine Healthy Habits, like safety, vision and community.
Click here to learn more about The First Tee or locate a chapter.
Since its inception in 1997, The First Tee has:
• Introduced golf and its values to more than 9 million participants
• Grown its programming locations to almost 900 in 50 states and three international locations
• Launched The First Tee National School Program through physical education classes in over 6,000 elementary schools and 800 school districts nationwide.
• Increased its number of active coaches to 2,000 and active volunteers to 17,000
An independent, four-year, longitudinal research study confirmed The First Tee’s ability to successfully teach life skills and The First Tee Nine Core Values to youth participating in the Life Skills Experience, the educational curriculum delivered at all chapters. Read more about how the study confirms young people learn and exhibit these life skills on the golf course, as well as in school, at home and other settings.
Give a gift to The First Tee.
How you can help
Donations to The First Tee support the work of our chapters; bring The First Tee programming to elementary schools; facilitate the development and enhancement of curricula; provide scholarships to The First Tee Academies; and educate and train the adults involved with the program. Read more about how The First Tee is impacting participants and their parents, as well as coaches and teachers involved in the program.
The First Tee, a division of World Golf Foundation, an organization recognized as a public charity under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code.
Contributions are tax deductible within the limits of the law. Please consult your attorney or tax advisor for details.
- The Barclays Video Diary
- Shell Houston Open hosts First Tee skills challenge 03/30/2016
- VIDEO: Jack Nicklaus, Charles Barkley use golf to help raise funds for The First Tee of Lakeland 02/29/2016
- Fresh off Abu Dhabi win, Fowler shines during First Tee clinic in San Diego 01/26/2016
- First Tee Champions Challenge returns to ACE Group Classic 12/15/2015
- Charitable impact of $2,316,623 generated by 2015 Shell Houston Open 11/13/2015
- Great Grand Champions tee off together for The First Tee 10/29/2015
- Spieth makes special appearance during The First Tee Classic at Liberty National Golf Club 08/24/2015
- Wells Fargo donates $1 million to The First Tee 04/27/2015
- The First Tee of Tucson: Keeping Kids on the Right Course 03/23/2015
- PGA TOUR Superstore helps The First Tee increase participation 03/10/2015
- PGA TOUR reaches new charitable plateau in early 2015 03/08/2015
- Marco Dawson nets $10K for The First Tee of Lakeland with FOX Sports Shot for Charity win at Daytona 02/19/2015
- Web.com Tour Championship, City of Jacksonville donate $408K to The First Tee 02/18/2015
- VIDEO: AT&T Pebble Beach National Pro-Am fan’s eye view – Katie Horsford 02/13/2015
- VIDEO: Rickie Fowler's PSA for The First Tee 12/03/2014
- Compton inspires during Frys.com Open junior clinic 10/09/2014
- VIDEO: Gary Player reunites with First Tee Open participant he inspired 09/22/2014
- The First Tee of Massachusetts expands with help of matching grant 08/28/2014
- RBS grants scholarships to participants of The First Tee 08/20/2014
|FIND A PLAYER|
|FIND A TOURNAMENT|
|FIND A CAUSE|