Zurich and Farmers Donate to Storm Survivors
May 2, 2011
By PGA TOUR Staff
SCHAMBURG, Ill.—Zurich Financial Services Group and its subsidiary Farmers Insurance have pledged to donate $250,000 to the survivors of last week’s severe storms outbreak in the southern United States to commemorate Bubba Watson winning the Zurich Classic of New Orleans. In addition to his New Orleans victory, Watson was also the champion of the Farmers Insurance Open held at Torrey Pines at the end of January.
Zurich is one of the few dual sponsors on the PGA TOUR.
“Zurich is committed to giving back to the communities we serve, and we’ve had resources on the ground in the stricken areas since last week,” said Paul Hopkins, chairman of the Americas, Zurich Financial Services Group. “Since Bubba won both tournaments, we thought it was fitting that we make a substantial donation to the victims of the storms that occurred during the week of the tournament.”
In partnership with the Fore!Kids Foundation and the PGA TOUR, the Zurich Classic of New Orleans has raised more than $20 million to support more than 40 charities serving more than 200,000 children in need in southeastern Louisiana.
The Farmers Insurance Open, in conjunction with the Century Club of San Diego, has raised more than $21 million for local San Diego charities. The net earnings of the corporation are used solely for charitable purposes and for donations to other charities and golf-related activities in the San Diego community.
- G-Mac Foundation helps to raise $700K at the 2017 Best of Ireland Dinner 01/23/2017
- CareerBuilder Challenge hosts 'Find Your Calling' 01/21/2017
- PGA TOUR joins AJGA as Official Partner 01/13/2017
- Tiger Woods Foundation, Discovery Education partner to offer digital education resources 01/10/2017
- Puerto Rico Open strengthens ties to Ricky Martin Foundation and its allies at Centro Tau 12/28/2016
- CVS Health Charity Classic reaches $20 million in philanthropic support to Southeastern New England charities 12/23/2016
- PGA TOUR Volunteer Challenge presented by Myrbetriq donation leads to Boys and Girls Club program development 12/22/2016
- PGA TOUR Volunteer Challenge continues to support charitable mission 12/19/2016
- BMW Championship raises $2.8 million for Evans Scholars Foundation in 2016 12/16/2016
- WinCo Foods Portland Open announces $1.25 million raised for charity in 2016 12/15/2016