Zurich and Farmers Donate to Storm Survivors
May 2, 2011
By PGA TOUR Staff
SCHAMBURG, Ill.—Zurich Financial Services Group and its subsidiary Farmers Insurance have pledged to donate $250,000 to the survivors of last week’s severe storms outbreak in the southern United States to commemorate Bubba Watson winning the Zurich Classic of New Orleans. In addition to his New Orleans victory, Watson was also the champion of the Farmers Insurance Open held at Torrey Pines at the end of January.
Zurich is one of the few dual sponsors on the PGA TOUR.
“Zurich is committed to giving back to the communities we serve, and we’ve had resources on the ground in the stricken areas since last week,” said Paul Hopkins, chairman of the Americas, Zurich Financial Services Group. “Since Bubba won both tournaments, we thought it was fitting that we make a substantial donation to the victims of the storms that occurred during the week of the tournament.”
In partnership with the Fore!Kids Foundation and the PGA TOUR, the Zurich Classic of New Orleans has raised more than $20 million to support more than 40 charities serving more than 200,000 children in need in southeastern Louisiana.
The Farmers Insurance Open, in conjunction with the Century Club of San Diego, has raised more than $21 million for local San Diego charities. The net earnings of the corporation are used solely for charitable purposes and for donations to other charities and golf-related activities in the San Diego community.
- Darlene Riggs named 2013 PGA TOUR Volunteer of the Year for commitment to THE PLAYERS Championship 12/06/2013
- Kathy Evans named 2013 Champions Tour Volunteer of the Year 12/06/2013
- Memory Matters named PGA TOUR Charity of the Year 12/06/2013
- PHOTOS: Kevin Chappell visits Children's Hospital Central California 12/05/2013
- Mississippi Gulf Resort Classic donates $125,000 to Habitat for Humanity 12/04/2013
- KJ Choi pledges $100,000 to Typhoon Haiyan Relief in the Philippines 12/04/2013
- Gary Player Foundation celebrates 30th anniversary by reaching new record in giving 12/04/2013
- Web.com Tour's Price Cutter Charity Championship nears $11 million in charitable giving 12/02/2013
- Hyundai Tournament of Champions announces 5K run/walk to benefit children fighting cancer 12/02/2013
- Q&A: PGA TOUR Wives share what they are most thankful for this season 11/28/2013