Zurich and Farmers Donate to Storm Survivors
May 2, 2011
By PGA TOUR Staff
SCHAMBURG, Ill.—Zurich Financial Services Group and its subsidiary Farmers Insurance have pledged to donate $250,000 to the survivors of last week’s severe storms outbreak in the southern United States to commemorate Bubba Watson winning the Zurich Classic of New Orleans. In addition to his New Orleans victory, Watson was also the champion of the Farmers Insurance Open held at Torrey Pines at the end of January.
Zurich is one of the few dual sponsors on the PGA TOUR.
“Zurich is committed to giving back to the communities we serve, and we’ve had resources on the ground in the stricken areas since last week,” said Paul Hopkins, chairman of the Americas, Zurich Financial Services Group. “Since Bubba won both tournaments, we thought it was fitting that we make a substantial donation to the victims of the storms that occurred during the week of the tournament.”
In partnership with the Fore!Kids Foundation and the PGA TOUR, the Zurich Classic of New Orleans has raised more than $20 million to support more than 40 charities serving more than 200,000 children in need in southeastern Louisiana.
The Farmers Insurance Open, in conjunction with the Century Club of San Diego, has raised more than $21 million for local San Diego charities. The net earnings of the corporation are used solely for charitable purposes and for donations to other charities and golf-related activities in the San Diego community.
- Valspar Championship presented by BB&T raises $1.6 million for charity in 2014 07/28/2014
- CBS Sports special focuses on PGA TOUR players’ charitable initiatives 07/28/2014
- Shaw Communications announces campaign to benefit Graham and Ruby DeLaet Foundation 07/25/2014
- BMW Championship exhibition raises $45,000 for Evans Scholars Foundation 07/24/2014
- PHOTOS: Web.com Tour Wives partner with Midwest Classic to create "Camp Quality Baskets" 07/23/2014
- Fred Couples joins Snoqualmie Showdown charity event on August 4 07/22/2014
- Jarrod Lyle: A survivor seeking to help others 07/22/2014
- Darren Clarke receives Golf Foundation's ‘Spirit of Golf’ award 07/21/2014
- VIDEO: The First Tee visits The Greenbrier Classic 07/17/2014
- PHOTOS: Web.com Tour players shop for charity during Albertsons Boise Open 07/17/2014