Zurich and Farmers Donate to Storm Survivors
May 2, 2011
By PGA TOUR Staff
SCHAMBURG, Ill.—Zurich Financial Services Group and its subsidiary Farmers Insurance have pledged to donate $250,000 to the survivors of last week’s severe storms outbreak in the southern United States to commemorate Bubba Watson winning the Zurich Classic of New Orleans. In addition to his New Orleans victory, Watson was also the champion of the Farmers Insurance Open held at Torrey Pines at the end of January.
Zurich is one of the few dual sponsors on the PGA TOUR.
“Zurich is committed to giving back to the communities we serve, and we’ve had resources on the ground in the stricken areas since last week,” said Paul Hopkins, chairman of the Americas, Zurich Financial Services Group. “Since Bubba won both tournaments, we thought it was fitting that we make a substantial donation to the victims of the storms that occurred during the week of the tournament.”
In partnership with the Fore!Kids Foundation and the PGA TOUR, the Zurich Classic of New Orleans has raised more than $20 million to support more than 40 charities serving more than 200,000 children in need in southeastern Louisiana.
The Farmers Insurance Open, in conjunction with the Century Club of San Diego, has raised more than $21 million for local San Diego charities. The net earnings of the corporation are used solely for charitable purposes and for donations to other charities and golf-related activities in the San Diego community.
- Texas-Oklahoma storm relief support at the Crowne Plaza Invitational at Colonial 05/23/2013
- Smith turns a good laugh at the Wells Fargo Championship into a great cause 05/22/2013
- Fowler, Mahan join tornado relief effort 05/22/2013
- Beljan pledges support to Texas tornado victims 05/22/2013
- Support Oklahoma tornado victims 05/22/2013
- PGA TOUR players pledge support to Oklahoma tornado victims 05/21/2013
- Tiger Woods, Rickie Flower headline sixth annual Notah Begay III Challenge 05/20/2013
- PHOTO: Web.com Tour player families visit children's hospital during BMW Charity Pro-Am presented by SYNNEX 05/17/2013
- Leishman hoping golf can help heal Newtown 05/16/2013
- VIDEO: PGA TOUR $2 Billion & Beyond -- Verlyncia's Story 05/16/2013