Zurich and Farmers Donate to Storm Survivors
May 2, 2011
By PGA TOUR Staff
SCHAMBURG, Ill.—Zurich Financial Services Group and its subsidiary Farmers Insurance have pledged to donate $250,000 to the survivors of last week’s severe storms outbreak in the southern United States to commemorate Bubba Watson winning the Zurich Classic of New Orleans. In addition to his New Orleans victory, Watson was also the champion of the Farmers Insurance Open held at Torrey Pines at the end of January.
Zurich is one of the few dual sponsors on the PGA TOUR.
“Zurich is committed to giving back to the communities we serve, and we’ve had resources on the ground in the stricken areas since last week,” said Paul Hopkins, chairman of the Americas, Zurich Financial Services Group. “Since Bubba won both tournaments, we thought it was fitting that we make a substantial donation to the victims of the storms that occurred during the week of the tournament.”
In partnership with the Fore!Kids Foundation and the PGA TOUR, the Zurich Classic of New Orleans has raised more than $20 million to support more than 40 charities serving more than 200,000 children in need in southeastern Louisiana.
The Farmers Insurance Open, in conjunction with the Century Club of San Diego, has raised more than $21 million for local San Diego charities. The net earnings of the corporation are used solely for charitable purposes and for donations to other charities and golf-related activities in the San Diego community.
- VIDEO: 98-year-old Dick's Sporting Goods Open volunteer still going strong 08/28/2015
- PGA TOUR teams with Nike Oven to create unique Make-A-Wish experience for leukemia patient 08/28/2015
- A fitting honor for two wounded heroes at the Wyndham Championship 08/25/2015
- National Capital Open to Support Our Troops about more than just golf 08/25/2015
- Spieth makes special appearance during The First Tee Classic at Liberty National Golf Club 08/24/2015
- 2015 BMW Charity Pro-Am presented by SYNNEX Corporation raises more than $758K for charity 08/19/2015
- Els named 2015 Payne Stewart Award recipient 08/19/2015
- Shell Houston Open recognized nationally with Gold Level Certification by Council for Responsible Sport 08/19/2015
- Wyndham Championship supports local Piedmont Triad community during tournament week 08/18/2015
- The Els Center of Excellence opens its doors to students 08/17/2015