Waste Management Phoenix Open Makes Another Donation
March 9, 2011
PHOENIX—The Waste Management Phoenix Open, the tournament host Thunderbirds and TriWest Healthcare Alliance donated $25,000 to USO Arizona and $25,000 to Arizona’s National Guard Emergency Relief Fund on March 9. The check presentation took place at the USO Arizona’s Sky Harbor International Airport Terminal 2 location. Phoenix Mayor Phil Gordon, Arizona National Guard Adjutant General Major General Hugo Salazar, TriWest Healthcare Alliance Vice President Scott Celley and 2011 Waste Management Phoenix Open Tournament Chairman Mike McQuaid were at the check presentation.
“Together with our partner, TriWest Healthcare Alliance, the Thunderbirds are excited to assist two great organizations, the USO and Arizona’s National Guard Emergency Relief Fund,” said McQuaid. “Both organizations do so much to support our service men and women and their families. We’re proud to back their efforts through monies raised during the 2011 Waste Management Phoenix Open.”
Arizona’s National Guard Emergency Relief Fund is the Arizona Army National Guard's emergency financial assistance organization dedicated to “Helping the Arizona National Guard take care of its own.”
Arizona’s National Guard Emergency Relief Fund provides emergency financial assistance in the form of loans or grants, to soldiers and their dependents when there is a valid need.
Through public donations, the USO fulfills its mission of lifting the spirits of America’s troops and their families. Through the USO, lives are touched through an extensive range of programs at more than 150 centers in 27 countries and at hundreds of entertainment events each year. Thousands of USO volunteers do everything possible to provide a home away from home for our troops and to keep them connected to the families they left behind.
The Waste Management Phoenix Open tournament host Thunderbirds have raised more than $70 million for charities, with more than $41 million generated since 2004. Title sponsor Waste Management, Inc., based in Houston, Texas, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste management services in North America. Through its subsidiaries, the company provides collection, transfer, recycling and resource recovery, and disposal services. It is also a leading developer, operator and owner of waste-to-energy and landfill gas-to-energy facilities in the United States. The company’s customers include residential, commercial, industrial, and municipal customers throughout North America.
For more information on Waste Management visit wm.com or thinkgreen.com.
For more information on the Waste Management Phoenix Open, visit wmphoenixopen.com.
- PING unveils limited edition pink driver benefiting Bubba Watson's foundation 08/25/2016
- 2016 AT&T Byron Nelson raises $5.8 million for Momentous Institute 08/25/2016
- Bubba Watson and caddie Ted Scott pledge support to Louisiana flood relief efforts 08/24/2016
- Glenmorangie teams up with Birdies for the Brave to raise funds for military families, wounded heroes during three PGA TOUR events 08/24/2016
- Charity leads the way for inaugural GolfBC Championship 08/18/2016
- VIDEO: A legacy of giving back at the Price Cutter Charity Championship 08/17/2016
- Meet Gianna 'One-Handed Lady Golfer' Rojas, volunteer at The Barclays 08/16/2016
- Ken Duke's dream for others reaches fruition with practice facility 08/11/2016
- Travelers donates $58,000 to Jim Furyk's charity of choice after record-setting 58 08/10/2016
- Jim Furyk named 2016 Payne Stewart Award recipient 08/09/2016