TPC Boston Helps Raise Funds for YMCA
January 13, 2011
NORTON, Mass.—As part of the PGA TOUR’s “Adopt-A-Charity” initiative, TPC Boston donated its course for the inaugural Legends Golf Classic benefitting the Hockomock Area YMCA. In addition to enjoying a day of golf, participants helped raise more than $33,000 for the YMCA.
With four local branches within the surrounding community, the Hockomock YMCA provides local families with programs and activities geared toward development, education and growth. Proceeds from the fundraiser will directly benefit the YMCA’s integration initiative, a program that provides inclusive programs and services to children with special needs and their families aimed at increasing their independence and physical activity while improving their social skills and self-esteem. Through this initiative, the program has become a model of intensive case management and support for the families of children with special needs and has directly impacted more than 450 children and families in the greater Boston area.
- Principal Charity Classic's “FORE Our Kids” named 2013 Champions Tour Charity of the Year 12/12/2013
- Brian Gay Invitational raises more than $410,000 to benefit Florida Hospital for Children 12/11/2013
- Nationwide Children’s Hospital Championship announces record-setting charitable donation 12/10/2013
- Words with Friends competition leads to $10,000 First Tee donation 12/09/2013
- Darlene Riggs named 2013 PGA TOUR Volunteer of the Year for commitment to THE PLAYERS Championship 12/06/2013
- Memory Matters named PGA TOUR Charity of the Year 12/06/2013
- Kathy Evans named 2013 Champions Tour Volunteer of the Year 12/06/2013
- PHOTOS: Kevin Chappell visits Children's Hospital Central California 12/05/2013
- KJ Choi pledges $100,000 to Typhoon Haiyan Relief in the Philippines 12/04/2013
- Mississippi Gulf Resort Classic donates $125,000 to Habitat for Humanity 12/04/2013