TPC Boston Helps Raise Funds for YMCA
January 13, 2011
NORTON, Mass.—As part of the PGA TOUR’s “Adopt-A-Charity” initiative, TPC Boston donated its course for the inaugural Legends Golf Classic benefitting the Hockomock Area YMCA. In addition to enjoying a day of golf, participants helped raise more than $33,000 for the YMCA.
With four local branches within the surrounding community, the Hockomock YMCA provides local families with programs and activities geared toward development, education and growth. Proceeds from the fundraiser will directly benefit the YMCA’s integration initiative, a program that provides inclusive programs and services to children with special needs and their families aimed at increasing their independence and physical activity while improving their social skills and self-esteem. Through this initiative, the program has become a model of intensive case management and support for the families of children with special needs and has directly impacted more than 450 children and families in the greater Boston area.
- Crowne Plaza Invitational at Colonial activates Texas-Oklahoma storm relief support with American Red Cross 05/23/2013
- Smith turns a good laugh at the Wells Fargo Championship into a great cause 05/22/2013
- Fowler, Mahan join tornado relief effort 05/22/2013
- Beljan pledges support to Texas tornado victims 05/22/2013
- Support Oklahoma tornado victims 05/22/2013
- PGA TOUR players pledge support to Oklahoma tornado victims 05/21/2013
- Tiger Woods, Rickie Flower headline sixth annual Notah Begay III Challenge 05/20/2013
- PHOTO: Web.com Tour player families visit children's hospital during BMW Charity Pro-Am presented by SYNNEX 05/17/2013
- Leishman hoping golf can help heal Newtown 05/16/2013
- VIDEO: PGA TOUR $2 Billion & Beyond -- Verlyncia's Story 05/16/2013