Rucker Lends Support by Writing, Recording Song
November 8, 2010
By PGA TOUR Staff
PONTE VEDRA BEACH, Fla.—It’s true. Together, anything’s possible. And now, “Together, Anything is Possible” will also be available for download.
The PGA TOUR and Capitol Records Nashville announced today that country music sensation, avid golfer and philanthropist Darius Rucker is teaming with the TOUR on a new entertainment platform in 2011 to, through music, raise funds for PGA TOUR charities.
As part of the PGA TOUR’s first-ever entertainment-and-sports partnership of this kind, Rucker has written and produced a custom song for the TOUR’s “Together, anything’s possible” charity initiative that will be made available for download starting in early January. All proceeds of the song downloads for one year will be donated to PGA TOUR Charities, Inc. In turn, 100 percent of these funds will be used to directly support various PGA TOUR charities.
“It’s truly an honor to partner with the PGA TOUR to bring music and golf together to raise funds for charity,” said Rucker. “There’s no greater purpose for me than to create lifelong legacies. I am fortunate to be able to do that through my music, and now, with this partnership, I am able to impact lives through music and golf.”
The PGA TOUR and Capitol Records Nashville will coordinate efforts to market and publicize the song, named “Together, Anything Is Possible,” throughout the year.
PGA TOUR Entertainment is gathering content to produce a custom music video, “making of” video, “get involved” messages from Rucker, and more. The PGA TOUR plans to integrate Rucker, the song, and related video content within its public-service advertising efforts across PGA TOUR telecasts and other national media outlets.
Rucker, a participant throughout the years in many pro-am tournaments on the PGA TOUR, plans to attend and perform at select PGA TOUR tournaments throughout 2011 to promote the song’s charity message and fundraising platform.
“We are thrilled to partner with an artist of Darius Rucker’s status, as well as Capitol Records Nashville on this exciting and unique venture,” said PGA TOUR Commissioner Tim Finchem. “Darius’ love of golf is well documented, as are his charitable efforts. We couldn’t think of a more appropriate person to collaborate with to bring attention to “Together, anything’s possible.” We thank Darius for his willingness and generosity to write and produce this song for the benefit of charity.”
Rucker first came to prominence as the lead vocalist and songwriter for the pop group Hootie & The Blowfish, whose 1994 debut, “Cracked Rear View,” sold more than 16 million copies. In early 2007, Rucker signed with Capitol Records Nashville and has since been embraced by the country music community with his chart-topping 2008 debut, “Learn to Live,” an album that produced three consecutive No. 1 singles and a top-five single.
- Alicia Malnati and Sport for Community 05/26/2016
- Birdies for the Brave teams with Callaway Golf to honor wounded heroes during DEAN & DELUCA Invitational 05/26/2016
- Texas native Ryan Palmer gets kids into the swing of things at DEAN & DELUCA Invitational 05/23/2016
- Ryan Palmer Foundation comes to DFW as Brighter Smiles Initiative 05/20/2016
- Contest winner donates $10,000 prize to United Cerebral Palsy of the Inland Empire 05/18/2016
- Constellation names Philadelphia charities to receive donations as part of 2016 SENIOR PLAYERS Championship 05/18/2016
- Joint Effort in Fort McMurray Wildfire Relief 05/18/2016
- Spieth inspires during clinic for special needs children at THE PLAYERS 05/14/2016
- David Hearn Foundation Wine Label donates to Alzheimer's Society of Canada 05/12/2016
- PGA TOUR Wives, Everbank team up for Community PedsCare event at THE PLAYERS 05/11/2016