Rucker Lends Support by Writing, Recording Song
November 8, 2010
By PGA TOUR Staff
PONTE VEDRA BEACH, Fla.—It’s true. Together, anything’s possible. And now, “Together, Anything is Possible” will also be available for download.
The PGA TOUR and Capitol Records Nashville announced today that country music sensation, avid golfer and philanthropist Darius Rucker is teaming with the TOUR on a new entertainment platform in 2011 to, through music, raise funds for PGA TOUR charities.
As part of the PGA TOUR’s first-ever entertainment-and-sports partnership of this kind, Rucker has written and produced a custom song for the TOUR’s “Together, anything’s possible” charity initiative that will be made available for download starting in early January. All proceeds of the song downloads for one year will be donated to PGA TOUR Charities, Inc. In turn, 100 percent of these funds will be used to directly support various PGA TOUR charities.
“It’s truly an honor to partner with the PGA TOUR to bring music and golf together to raise funds for charity,” said Rucker. “There’s no greater purpose for me than to create lifelong legacies. I am fortunate to be able to do that through my music, and now, with this partnership, I am able to impact lives through music and golf.”
The PGA TOUR and Capitol Records Nashville will coordinate efforts to market and publicize the song, named “Together, Anything Is Possible,” throughout the year.
PGA TOUR Entertainment is gathering content to produce a custom music video, “making of” video, “get involved” messages from Rucker, and more. The PGA TOUR plans to integrate Rucker, the song, and related video content within its public-service advertising efforts across PGA TOUR telecasts and other national media outlets.
Rucker, a participant throughout the years in many pro-am tournaments on the PGA TOUR, plans to attend and perform at select PGA TOUR tournaments throughout 2011 to promote the song’s charity message and fundraising platform.
“We are thrilled to partner with an artist of Darius Rucker’s status, as well as Capitol Records Nashville on this exciting and unique venture,” said PGA TOUR Commissioner Tim Finchem. “Darius’ love of golf is well documented, as are his charitable efforts. We couldn’t think of a more appropriate person to collaborate with to bring attention to “Together, anything’s possible.” We thank Darius for his willingness and generosity to write and produce this song for the benefit of charity.”
Rucker first came to prominence as the lead vocalist and songwriter for the pop group Hootie & The Blowfish, whose 1994 debut, “Cracked Rear View,” sold more than 16 million copies. In early 2007, Rucker signed with Capitol Records Nashville and has since been embraced by the country music community with his chart-topping 2008 debut, “Learn to Live,” an album that produced three consecutive No. 1 singles and a top-five single.
- CareerBuilder Challenge hosts 'Find Your Calling' 01/21/2017
- PGA TOUR joins AJGA as Official Partner 01/13/2017
- Tiger Woods Foundation, Discovery Education partner to offer digital education resources 01/10/2017
- Puerto Rico Open strengthens ties to Ricky Martin Foundation and its allies at Centro Tau 12/28/2016
- CVS Health Charity Classic reaches $20 million in philanthropic support to Southeastern New England charities 12/23/2016
- PGA TOUR Volunteer Challenge presented by Myrbetriq donation leads to Boys and Girls Club program development 12/22/2016
- PGA TOUR Volunteer Challenge continues to support charitable mission 12/19/2016
- BMW Championship raises $2.8 million for Evans Scholars Foundation in 2016 12/16/2016
- WinCo Foods Portland Open announces $1.25 million raised for charity in 2016 12/15/2016
- DAP Championship makes $223,000 charitable donation to The LeBron James Family Foundation 12/13/2016