Rucker Lends Support by Writing, Recording Song
November 8, 2010
By PGA TOUR Staff
PONTE VEDRA BEACH, Fla.—It’s true. Together, anything’s possible. And now, “Together, Anything is Possible” will also be available for download.
The PGA TOUR and Capitol Records Nashville announced today that country music sensation, avid golfer and philanthropist Darius Rucker is teaming with the TOUR on a new entertainment platform in 2011 to, through music, raise funds for PGA TOUR charities.
As part of the PGA TOUR’s first-ever entertainment-and-sports partnership of this kind, Rucker has written and produced a custom song for the TOUR’s “Together, anything’s possible” charity initiative that will be made available for download starting in early January. All proceeds of the song downloads for one year will be donated to PGA TOUR Charities, Inc. In turn, 100 percent of these funds will be used to directly support various PGA TOUR charities.
“It’s truly an honor to partner with the PGA TOUR to bring music and golf together to raise funds for charity,” said Rucker. “There’s no greater purpose for me than to create lifelong legacies. I am fortunate to be able to do that through my music, and now, with this partnership, I am able to impact lives through music and golf.”
The PGA TOUR and Capitol Records Nashville will coordinate efforts to market and publicize the song, named “Together, Anything Is Possible,” throughout the year.
PGA TOUR Entertainment is gathering content to produce a custom music video, “making of” video, “get involved” messages from Rucker, and more. The PGA TOUR plans to integrate Rucker, the song, and related video content within its public-service advertising efforts across PGA TOUR telecasts and other national media outlets.
Rucker, a participant throughout the years in many pro-am tournaments on the PGA TOUR, plans to attend and perform at select PGA TOUR tournaments throughout 2011 to promote the song’s charity message and fundraising platform.
“We are thrilled to partner with an artist of Darius Rucker’s status, as well as Capitol Records Nashville on this exciting and unique venture,” said PGA TOUR Commissioner Tim Finchem. “Darius’ love of golf is well documented, as are his charitable efforts. We couldn’t think of a more appropriate person to collaborate with to bring attention to “Together, anything’s possible.” We thank Darius for his willingness and generosity to write and produce this song for the benefit of charity.”
Rucker first came to prominence as the lead vocalist and songwriter for the pop group Hootie & The Blowfish, whose 1994 debut, “Cracked Rear View,” sold more than 16 million copies. In early 2007, Rucker signed with Capitol Records Nashville and has since been embraced by the country music community with his chart-topping 2008 debut, “Learn to Live,” an album that produced three consecutive No. 1 singles and a top-five single.
- Interfaith of The Woodlands named PGA TOUR Champions Charity of the Year 02/21/2017
- Jacobsen honored with GWAA's Charlie Bartlett award 02/17/2017
- 2016 RSM Classic raises more than $2.2 million for charity 02/17/2017
- Sebastian Velona inspires with 'healing hugs' at the Genesis Open 02/16/2017
- Meet the 2017 Farmers Insurance Open winner of the PGA TOUR Volunteer Challenge 02/15/2017
- Waste Management Phoenix Open 'Green Out' raises $100K for nonprofit environmental organizations 02/07/2017
- Patrick Reed AJGA Junior Championship honored with three awards 02/06/2017
- Marc and Audrey Leishman committed to raising sepsis awareness 02/06/2017
- Jimmy Walker Challenge earns AJGA's 2016 Newcomer Award 02/03/2017
- CDW launches “Tech Fore!” charitable giving program 02/02/2017