Calcavecchia, Parnevik, Ten Broeck to participate in celebrity bartending benefit
November 19, 2012
JUPITER, Fla.- PGA National in Palm Beach Gardens will roll out the welcome mat for a three good-hearted golfers who have agreed to mix cocktails for the masses during a charity event.
The TOUR players will step behind the resort’s iconic iBAR on today to raise money for Little Smiles, a Palm Beach County nonprofit that brings toys, games and other treats to sick children in area hospitals and hospices.
Calcavecchia is an active and winning Champions Tour golfer who lives on Loxahatchee River property in Tequesta. He finished the season ranked No. 9 in the Charles Schwab Cup, and his best finish this year was at the Montreal Championship, where he matched the record at Quebec’s Richelieu Valley Vercheres Course. The PGA Tour Wives Association is his charity of choice. Formed in 1988, the PGA Tour Wives Association directs the proceeds from tournament fundraisers to exceptional charities that support needy children and families.
Parnevik, of Sweden, has a home in Indian Hills, also in Tequesta, and frequently is seen practicing at The Medalist in Hobe Sound and The Bear’s Club in Jupiter. He is a five-time PGA TOUR winner and is currently ranked in 69th place on the money list. A philanthropist, he supports the Sven Tumba Education Fund, a Sweden-based organization that promotes reading, writing and arithmetic using sports as a catalyst.
Ten Broeck is a Singer Island resident and Champions Tour player who finished the season ranked 48th in the Charles Schwab Cup.
The cost to witness the three pros pour is $10, and guests are asked to bring a toy for the children Little Smiles serves. Other items the charity donates to the cause include DVDs, CDs board and electronic games, and computers. In addition, Little Smiles organizes VIP outings to concerts, sporting events and theme parks.
The Celebrity Bartending Event & Toy Drive will offer gift bags, a silent auction, raffles, prizes, vendors in the iBAR lobby, special giveaways and drink specials.
Sharing the stage with the pro golfers is Kaisa Stevens, the personal assistant to golf legend and North Palm Beach resident Jack Nicklaus.
The Celebrity Bartending Event & Toy Drive is sponsored by Corporate Ambassadors, a business-networking group that regularly meets after hours throughout Palm Beach County. Corporate Ambassadors is recruiting volunteers to help with registration at the event and will allow them to display their business cards and other collateral material at the registration table. For information, call 561-309-2900.
- PING unveils limited edition pink driver benefiting Bubba Watson's foundation 08/25/2016
- 2016 AT&T Byron Nelson raises $5.8 million for Momentous Institute 08/25/2016
- Bubba Watson and caddie Ted Scott pledge support to Louisiana flood relief efforts 08/24/2016
- Glenmorangie teams up with Birdies for the Brave to raise funds for military families, wounded heroes during three PGA TOUR events 08/24/2016
- Charity leads the way for inaugural GolfBC Championship 08/18/2016
- VIDEO: A legacy of giving back at the Price Cutter Charity Championship 08/17/2016
- Meet Gianna 'One-Handed Lady Golfer' Rojas, volunteer at The Barclays 08/16/2016
- Ken Duke's dream for others reaches fruition with practice facility 08/11/2016
- Travelers donates $58,000 to Jim Furyk's charity of choice after record-setting 58 08/10/2016
- Jim Furyk named 2016 Payne Stewart Award recipient 08/09/2016