Zach Johnson Foundation Gets Launch
July 6, 2010
By PGA TOUR Staff
Former Masters champion Zach Johnson announced he has formed the Zach Johnson Foundation that will benefit children in need in the Greater Cedar Rapids area. The Foundation’s premier event will be the Zach Johnson Foundation Classic, a tournament that will feature at least four PGA TOUR players as well as some of the game’s future superstars. It will take place at Elmcrest Country Club in Cedar Rapids on Aug. 1, 2011.
“This pro-am tournament will bring national attention to Cedar Rapids and show the world that the epicenter of the floods of 2008 is coming back better than ever,” said Johnson. Elmcrest Country Club is the same course where Johnson got his start.
“This Foundation will fulfill a dream of mine and Kim’s to give back to Cedar Rapids in a long-lasting, meaningful way. Cedar Rapids, Iowa, gave me the best start in my life, and now I want to do something more to say, ‘Thank you,’” said Johnson.
The creation of the Zach Johnson Foundation will build on the success of Birdies that Care so more children can receive the support they need in those critical early years. “Becoming parents have made us keenly aware of how fragile and vital those years before adulthood are,” said Johnson. The Johnsons have a son, Will, age 3, and they are expecting their second child.
- Principal Charity Classic's “FORE Our Kids” named 2013 Champions Tour Charity of the Year 12/12/2013
- Brian Gay Invitational raises more than $410,000 to benefit Florida Hospital for Children 12/11/2013
- Nationwide Children’s Hospital Championship announces record-setting charitable donation 12/10/2013
- Words with Friends competition leads to $10,000 First Tee donation 12/09/2013
- Darlene Riggs named 2013 PGA TOUR Volunteer of the Year for commitment to THE PLAYERS Championship 12/06/2013
- Memory Matters named PGA TOUR Charity of the Year 12/06/2013
- Kathy Evans named 2013 Champions Tour Volunteer of the Year 12/06/2013
- PHOTOS: Kevin Chappell visits Children's Hospital Central California 12/05/2013
- KJ Choi pledges $100,000 to Typhoon Haiyan Relief in the Philippines 12/04/2013
- Mississippi Gulf Resort Classic donates $125,000 to Habitat for Humanity 12/04/2013