Zach Johnson Foundation Gets Launch
July 6, 2010
By PGA TOUR Staff
Former Masters champion Zach Johnson announced he has formed the Zach Johnson Foundation that will benefit children in need in the Greater Cedar Rapids area. The Foundation’s premier event will be the Zach Johnson Foundation Classic, a tournament that will feature at least four PGA TOUR players as well as some of the game’s future superstars. It will take place at Elmcrest Country Club in Cedar Rapids on Aug. 1, 2011.
“This pro-am tournament will bring national attention to Cedar Rapids and show the world that the epicenter of the floods of 2008 is coming back better than ever,” said Johnson. Elmcrest Country Club is the same course where Johnson got his start.
“This Foundation will fulfill a dream of mine and Kim’s to give back to Cedar Rapids in a long-lasting, meaningful way. Cedar Rapids, Iowa, gave me the best start in my life, and now I want to do something more to say, ‘Thank you,’” said Johnson.
The creation of the Zach Johnson Foundation will build on the success of Birdies that Care so more children can receive the support they need in those critical early years. “Becoming parents have made us keenly aware of how fragile and vital those years before adulthood are,” said Johnson. The Johnsons have a son, Will, age 3, and they are expecting their second child.
- Texas-Oklahoma storm relief support at the Crowne Plaza Invitational at Colonial 05/23/2013
- Smith turns a good laugh at the Wells Fargo Championship into a great cause 05/22/2013
- Fowler, Mahan join tornado relief effort 05/22/2013
- Beljan pledges support to Texas tornado victims 05/22/2013
- Support Oklahoma tornado victims 05/22/2013
- PGA TOUR players pledge support to Oklahoma tornado victims 05/21/2013
- Tiger Woods, Rickie Flower headline sixth annual Notah Begay III Challenge 05/20/2013
- PHOTO: Web.com Tour player families visit children's hospital during BMW Charity Pro-Am presented by SYNNEX 05/17/2013
- Leishman hoping golf can help heal Newtown 05/16/2013
- VIDEO: PGA TOUR $2 Billion & Beyond -- Verlyncia's Story 05/16/2013