Hyundai Tournament of Champions Announces Golf for Maui Charities
November 2, 2011
By PGA TOUR Staff
KAPALUA, MAUI, Hawaii—On the heels of the tournament’s recent announcement regarding their 2012 direct-charity beneficiaries, the Hyundai Tournament of Champions announced the launch of a new program, Golf for Maui Charities giving 501(c)3 organizations the opportunity to promote the sale of tickets to this year’s Hyundai Tournament of Champions. One-hundred percent of the net proceeds from the sale of the ticket will go back to their charity.
The Golf for Maui Charities program was announced on Oct. 27 at a charity reception at Cafe O’Lei at The Dunes at Maui Lani, attended by representatives from more than 30 Maui charities. This is the program’s first year.
“Maui is extremely proud to be hosting the Hyundai Tournament of Champions again in January. Our Maui County Office of Economic Development realizes that events such as this one continue to put Maui on the map as not only a world class destination, but a orld class place to hold athletic and sporting events,” said MCOED Director Teena Rasmussen. “The economic ripple effect of this tournament is a huge boost for our businesses and workforce.
Representing Sacred Hearts School, Joanna Stockham added, “We’re going to sell more tickets than anyone. We’ve got plans to totally renovate our cafeteria/auditorium and are so appreciative of this opportunity to participate in the Golf for Maui Charities.”
The ticket available through Golf for Maui Charities is a weekly grounds ticket for $40. All proceeds from the sale go directly to the local charity promoting the sale of the ticket. This weekly ticket is good for all competitive rounds of the event from Jan. 6-9, 2012.
All children 18 and younger are admitted free of charge with a ticketed adult (one child per adult). All children over the age of 18 must have a ticket to enter the tournament.
If charities want to receive tickets on consignment to distribute or sell to their supporters, they can do so by filling out a participation agreement, providing their 501(c)3 Internal Revenue Service determination letter and filling out a ticket order form.
Proceeds from the Hyundai Tournament of Champions directly impact local charities. The host organizations of the Hyundai Tournament of Champions have bestowed nearly $3.8 million since the tournament’s move to Kapalua Resort in 1999.
Attending charities included:
American Heart Association
American Red Cross
Boy Scouts America
Habitat for Humanity
Hale Kau Kau
JW Cameron Center
Ka Lima O Maui
Kula School PTA
Maui Aids Foundation
Maui Cheer All Stars
Maui Family YMCA
Maui Humane Society
Maui Jr. Golf Association
Maui Support Family Services
Maui United Way
Mediation Services of Maui
Montessori Hale O Keiki
National Kidney Foundation
Saint Anthony HS
Theatre Theatre Maui
Women Helping Women
Note: All 501(c)3 organizations interested in being a part of this program should contact the Hyundai Tournament of Champions tournament office at 808-665-9160 or toll-free at 888-665-9160 for more information.
- Valero Texas Open, PGA TOUR Wives team up for Game Show Night 04/28/2016
- Evansville Community Benefits from Web.com Tour Event 04/27/2016
- World Golf Hall of Fame member Lee Trevino honored at FedEx St. Jude Classic Champion’s Day 04/07/2016
- Houston Golf Association Junior Golf Program receives $10K donation from Shell Houston Open volunteer challenge 04/07/2016
- WATCH: The David Toms Foundation launching the future of our youth 04/06/2016
- Graeme McDowell to create once-in-a-lifetime caddie experience for wounded hero during the Masters 04/06/2016
- Longtime TOUR official Bradley brings fun with a purpose to hometown event 04/01/2016
- PGA TOUR Wives visit University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center 03/31/2016
- World Golf Championships-Bridgestone Invitational announces partnership with LeBron James Family Foundation 03/31/2016
- Marc Leishman launches charitable foundation 03/30/2016