Hyundai Tournament of Champions Announces Golf for Maui Charities
November 2, 2011
By PGA TOUR Staff
KAPALUA, MAUI, Hawaii—On the heels of the tournament’s recent announcement regarding their 2012 direct-charity beneficiaries, the Hyundai Tournament of Champions announced the launch of a new program, Golf for Maui Charities giving 501(c)3 organizations the opportunity to promote the sale of tickets to this year’s Hyundai Tournament of Champions. One-hundred percent of the net proceeds from the sale of the ticket will go back to their charity.
The Golf for Maui Charities program was announced on Oct. 27 at a charity reception at Cafe O’Lei at The Dunes at Maui Lani, attended by representatives from more than 30 Maui charities. This is the program’s first year.
“Maui is extremely proud to be hosting the Hyundai Tournament of Champions again in January. Our Maui County Office of Economic Development realizes that events such as this one continue to put Maui on the map as not only a world class destination, but a orld class place to hold athletic and sporting events,” said MCOED Director Teena Rasmussen. “The economic ripple effect of this tournament is a huge boost for our businesses and workforce.
Representing Sacred Hearts School, Joanna Stockham added, “We’re going to sell more tickets than anyone. We’ve got plans to totally renovate our cafeteria/auditorium and are so appreciative of this opportunity to participate in the Golf for Maui Charities.”
The ticket available through Golf for Maui Charities is a weekly grounds ticket for $40. All proceeds from the sale go directly to the local charity promoting the sale of the ticket. This weekly ticket is good for all competitive rounds of the event from Jan. 6-9, 2012.
All children 18 and younger are admitted free of charge with a ticketed adult (one child per adult). All children over the age of 18 must have a ticket to enter the tournament.
If charities want to receive tickets on consignment to distribute or sell to their supporters, they can do so by filling out a participation agreement, providing their 501(c)3 Internal Revenue Service determination letter and filling out a ticket order form.
Proceeds from the Hyundai Tournament of Champions directly impact local charities. The host organizations of the Hyundai Tournament of Champions have bestowed nearly $3.8 million since the tournament’s move to Kapalua Resort in 1999.
Attending charities included:
American Heart Association
American Red Cross
Boy Scouts America
Habitat for Humanity
Hale Kau Kau
JW Cameron Center
Ka Lima O Maui
Kula School PTA
Maui Aids Foundation
Maui Cheer All Stars
Maui Family YMCA
Maui Humane Society
Maui Jr. Golf Association
Maui Support Family Services
Maui United Way
Mediation Services of Maui
Montessori Hale O Keiki
National Kidney Foundation
Saint Anthony HS
Theatre Theatre Maui
Women Helping Women
Note: All 501(c)3 organizations interested in being a part of this program should contact the Hyundai Tournament of Champions tournament office at 808-665-9160 or toll-free at 888-665-9160 for more information.
- Four Purple Heart recipients awarded mortgage-free homes during the 2015 Crowne Plaza Invitational at Colonial 05/23/2015
- Lowcountry Foundation for Wounded Military Heroes raises funds for Birdies for the Brave homefront groups 05/19/2015
- Join the Crowne Plaza Invitational At Colonial's "Always On Charity Challenge" 05/18/2015
- Doyle Glass, Leigh Colpack named Regions Tradition Volunteers of the Year 05/18/2015
- Inaugural Lincoln Awards: A Concert for Veterans & the Military Family airs on PBS May 22 05/15/2015
- CBS To Air "PGA REACH: Impacting Lives Through Golf" Special May 16 05/14/2015
- Big Break: Warrior Edition honors military veterans with television-inspired golf skills competition 05/14/2015
- PHOTO: Web.com Tour Wives collect donated items for New Foundations Home for Children 05/14/2015
- Wells Fargo Championship teams with Callaway Golf, Birdies for the Brave to honor two Purple Heart recipients 05/14/2015
- Tiger Woods Foundation earns four-star Charity Navigator rating for third consecutive year 05/14/2015