Henry's Hideaway is a Nice Getaway
May 23, 2011
By Jessica Liptak, Special to Together, Anything's Possible
The Henry House Hideaway is a popular place for kids at the Crowne Plaza Invitational at Colonial. The Hideaway is packed full of fun activities like video games, crafts and bubbles. Kids and their families join together in the Hideaway for a free lunch full of kids’ favorites—hamburgers, hot dogs, and chicken fingers. Everyone gets a beautiful view of the No. 10 fairway and the 18th green.
Savannah Richardson, one of the visitors there, describes the Hideaway as “A friendly environment that is tons of fun!”
May 21 was the official First Tee of Fort Worth day at the Henry House Hideaway. Later that afternoon, the Henry House Foundation donated $50,000 to The First Tee of Fort Worth. The money will go toward the new Ben Hogan Learning Center at Rockwood Golf Course here. The building is under construction and will be completed before the end of the year. The Ben Hogan Learning Center will include an area called the Henry House Hangout, where kids can gather and have fun.
The Learning center will also be an excellent new resource for The First Tee of Fort Worth, which provides many excellent opportunities for kids of all ages.
One example of The First Tee of Fort Worth’s success would be Sarah Posey, who started with The First Tee of Forth Worth only three years ago as a high school sophomore. Sarah had never golfed before but quickly became No. 1 on her school golf team. As a senior, Posey has received a scholarship for E-Central University and will be playing on its golf team. She agrees that if it weren’t for the opportunities The First Tee of Fort Worth has provided, she would not be playing golf today—thankful for all the opportunities The First Tee of Fort Worth and golf has provided her.
Editor’s Note: The author was a Junior First Tee Reporter at the 2011 Crowne Plaza Invitational at Colonial and is also a First Tee participant. Photography was by Joshua Hinojosa, also a Junior First Tee Reporter and First Tee participant.
- PHOTO: Web.com Tour player families visit children's hospital during BMW Charity Pro-Am presented by SYNNEX 05/17/2013
- VIDEO: PGA TOUR $2 Billion & Beyond -- Verlyncia's Story 05/16/2013
- Leishman hoping golf can help heal Newtown 05/16/2013
- Zach Johnson Foundation to host charity volleyball tournament benefitting Iowa children on May 17 05/15/2013
- PHOTOS: Adamonis hosts Fathers for a Cure Golf Classic in Rhode Island 05/15/2013
- Junior golfer playing 50 courses in 50 days to raise funds for education 05/14/2013
- PGA TOUR helps Make-A-Wish grant trip of a lifetime to THE PLAYERS 05/10/2013
- Caddies take aim at TPC Sawgrass to honor one of their own 05/08/2013
- PGA TOUR players trade clubs for caddie bibs at TOUR Wives Golf Classic 05/07/2013
- Pairings for TOUR Wives Golf Classic released 05/06/2013