August 27, 2010
By PGA TOUR Staff
NORTON, Ma – State Street Corporation and Stop & Shop, in cooperation with the PGA TOUR Wives Association, today announced their “Healthy Packs” initiative that will provide approximately 2,000 pre-packed reusable bags of healthy snack options to children in need throughout the South Boston, Brockton, and Dorchester communities of Massachusetts.
On Thursday, September 2, as part of Deutsche Bank Championship Week, State Street and Stop & Shop employee volunteers will team up alongside members of the PGA TOUR Wives Association to assemble snack packages in the Kids Village at the TPC Boston in Norton, MA. The snacks, which will be provided by Stop & Shop, will be delivered to children in the Greater Boston area with the goal of teaching these children about the importance of making healthy food choices.
“We are thrilled to once again work with the PGA TOUR Wives Association and the Greater Boston Food Bank to bring the ‘Healthy Packs’ initiative to the Deutsche Bank Championship,” said George A. Russell, Jr., executive vice president and director of State Street’s Community Affairs. “The ‘Healthy Packs’ initiative exemplifies our long-standing commitment to serving the communities where we reside and work, by providing healthy food to those in need. Active involvement with our communities around the world through our Global Outreach employee volunteer program is one of the key fundamental values at State Street.”
“PGA TOUR Wives Association members are excited to be working with the Deutsche Bank Championship again this year as we continue our long relationship with State Street and the Greater Boston Food Bank,” said Shauna Matteson, wife of PGA TOUR player Troy Matteson. “The collaborative effort of our partners on this initiative is an excellent example of how through golf, its fans, sponsors and communities, we can unite to support charity and volunteerism on a consistent basis and help feed those people who need it most.”
This is the seventh consecutive year that the PGA TOUR Wives have teamed with volunteers from State Street to assist the Greater Boston Food Bank. Each year, the Greater Boston Food Bank delivers more than 30 million pounds of food to 600 member hunger-relief organizations. The Food Bank serves 321,500 people annually and 83,000 each week.
- Tiger Woods, Rickie Flower headline sixth annual Notah Begay III Challenge 05/20/2013
- PHOTO: Web.com Tour player families visit children's hospital during BMW Charity Pro-Am presented by SYNNEX 05/17/2013
- VIDEO: PGA TOUR $2 Billion & Beyond -- Verlyncia's Story 05/16/2013
- Leishman hoping golf can help heal Newtown 05/16/2013
- PHOTOS: Adamonis hosts Fathers for a Cure Golf Classic in Rhode Island 05/15/2013
- Zach Johnson Foundation to host charity volleyball tournament benefitting Iowa children on May 17 05/15/2013
- Junior golfer playing 50 courses in 50 days to raise funds for education 05/14/2013
- PGA TOUR helps Make-A-Wish grant trip of a lifetime to THE PLAYERS 05/10/2013
- Caddies take aim at TPC Sawgrass to honor one of their own 05/08/2013
- PGA TOUR players trade clubs for caddie bibs at TOUR Wives Golf Classic 05/07/2013