Going for the Green with Waste Management
February 23, 2010
By PGA TOUR Staff
SCOTTSDALE, Ariz.—Waste Management is challenging tournament participants to “Go for the Green” on the TPC Scottsdale’s par-3 16th hole at this week’s Waste Management Phoenix Open. The event is a four-round closest-to-the-pin contest. Player distances from the pin will be calculated each day then added together to reach a cumulative total Sunday. The player with the lowest cumulative total wins the contest. Waste Management will then donate $25,000 to “Keep America Beautiful” in the winning player’s name. Fifty percent of the proceeds will be directed toward the local “Keep Phoenix Beautiful” chapter and 50 percent will go to “Keep America Beautiful National” Think Green Grant.
The Thunderbirds, the Waste Management Phoenix Open tournament host, has raised more than $65.9 million for charities, with more than $37.9 million generated since 2004.
Waste Management, Inc., based in Houston, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste-management services in North America. Through its subsidiaries, the company provides collection, transfer, recycling and resource recovery and disposal services. It is also a leading developer, operator and owner of waste-to-energy and landfill gas-to-energy facilities in the United States.
- PHOTOS: Furyk wins $10K for foundation during Jacksonville Jaguars promotion 12/19/2014
- J.B. Holmes to appear in Chiari Malformation awareness comic book 12/18/2014
- WGC-Cadillac Championship names United Way of Miami-Dade as official charity 12/18/2014
- 2014 Brian Gay Invitational nets $805k for Orlando children's hospital 12/18/2014
- Greater Gwinnett Championship names 2015 charity recipients 12/17/2014
- Quicken Loans helps Birdies for the Brave expand access to military tickets 12/16/2014
- DICK'S Sporting Goods Open announces $1.1M raised for charity in 2014 12/15/2014
- Furyk Foundation hosts third annual 'Hope for the Holidays' 12/12/2014
- Rotary Club of Kona receives $57,500 donation from Mitsubishi Electric Championship at Hualalai 12/11/2014
- Crowne Plaza Invitational at Colonial announces $9M raised for charity in 2014 12/10/2014