Going for the Green with Waste Management
February 23, 2010
By PGA TOUR Staff
SCOTTSDALE, Ariz.—Waste Management is challenging tournament participants to “Go for the Green” on the TPC Scottsdale’s par-3 16th hole at this week’s Waste Management Phoenix Open. The event is a four-round closest-to-the-pin contest. Player distances from the pin will be calculated each day then added together to reach a cumulative total Sunday. The player with the lowest cumulative total wins the contest. Waste Management will then donate $25,000 to “Keep America Beautiful” in the winning player’s name. Fifty percent of the proceeds will be directed toward the local “Keep Phoenix Beautiful” chapter and 50 percent will go to “Keep America Beautiful National” Think Green Grant.
The Thunderbirds, the Waste Management Phoenix Open tournament host, has raised more than $65.9 million for charities, with more than $37.9 million generated since 2004.
Waste Management, Inc., based in Houston, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste-management services in North America. Through its subsidiaries, the company provides collection, transfer, recycling and resource recovery and disposal services. It is also a leading developer, operator and owner of waste-to-energy and landfill gas-to-energy facilities in the United States.
- Help injured veterans by joining the World’s Largest Golf Outing on August 3 07/30/2015
- Woods, Fowler take on 19th hole for charity at Quicken Loans National 07/29/2015
- Quicken Loans continues commitment to providing access to military tickets for PGA TOUR events 07/28/2015
- Wyndham Championship takes on childhood hunger in North Carolina's Piedmont Triad 07/24/2015
- Over $500K donated through #RBCGolf4Kids charity challenge 07/23/2015
- David Hearn launches foundation in support of the Alzheimer Society 07/23/2015
- Honda Classic sets charity record despite massive storm 07/23/2015
- Justin Rose named 2015 Spirit of Golf award recipient 07/20/2015
- Birdies for Charity helps kids in the Quad Cities 07/10/2015
- Jordan Spieth to participate in Caddy For A Cure during Quicken Loans National pro-am 07/10/2015