Going for the Green with Waste Management
February 23, 2010
By PGA TOUR Staff
SCOTTSDALE, Ariz.—Waste Management is challenging tournament participants to “Go for the Green” on the TPC Scottsdale’s par-3 16th hole at this week’s Waste Management Phoenix Open. The event is a four-round closest-to-the-pin contest. Player distances from the pin will be calculated each day then added together to reach a cumulative total Sunday. The player with the lowest cumulative total wins the contest. Waste Management will then donate $25,000 to “Keep America Beautiful” in the winning player’s name. Fifty percent of the proceeds will be directed toward the local “Keep Phoenix Beautiful” chapter and 50 percent will go to “Keep America Beautiful National” Think Green Grant.
The Thunderbirds, the Waste Management Phoenix Open tournament host, has raised more than $65.9 million for charities, with more than $37.9 million generated since 2004.
Waste Management, Inc., based in Houston, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste-management services in North America. Through its subsidiaries, the company provides collection, transfer, recycling and resource recovery and disposal services. It is also a leading developer, operator and owner of waste-to-energy and landfill gas-to-energy facilities in the United States.
- Alicia Malnati and Sport for Community 05/26/2016
- Birdies for the Brave teams with Callaway Golf to honor wounded heroes during DEAN & DELUCA Invitational 05/26/2016
- Texas native Ryan Palmer gets kids into the swing of things at DEAN & DELUCA Invitational 05/23/2016
- Ryan Palmer Foundation comes to DFW as Brighter Smiles Initiative 05/20/2016
- Contest winner donates $10,000 prize to United Cerebral Palsy of the Inland Empire 05/18/2016
- Constellation names Philadelphia charities to receive donations as part of 2016 SENIOR PLAYERS Championship 05/18/2016
- Joint Effort in Fort McMurray Wildfire Relief 05/18/2016
- Spieth inspires during clinic for special needs children at THE PLAYERS 05/14/2016
- David Hearn Foundation Wine Label donates to Alzheimer's Society of Canada 05/12/2016
- PGA TOUR Wives, Everbank team up for Community PedsCare event at THE PLAYERS 05/11/2016