Going for the Green with Waste Management
February 23, 2010
By PGA TOUR Staff
SCOTTSDALE, Ariz.—Waste Management is challenging tournament participants to “Go for the Green” on the TPC Scottsdale’s par-3 16th hole at this week’s Waste Management Phoenix Open. The event is a four-round closest-to-the-pin contest. Player distances from the pin will be calculated each day then added together to reach a cumulative total Sunday. The player with the lowest cumulative total wins the contest. Waste Management will then donate $25,000 to “Keep America Beautiful” in the winning player’s name. Fifty percent of the proceeds will be directed toward the local “Keep Phoenix Beautiful” chapter and 50 percent will go to “Keep America Beautiful National” Think Green Grant.
The Thunderbirds, the Waste Management Phoenix Open tournament host, has raised more than $65.9 million for charities, with more than $37.9 million generated since 2004.
Waste Management, Inc., based in Houston, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste-management services in North America. Through its subsidiaries, the company provides collection, transfer, recycling and resource recovery and disposal services. It is also a leading developer, operator and owner of waste-to-energy and landfill gas-to-energy facilities in the United States.
- Darius Rucker to headline 2014 Furyk & Friends Concert and Celebrity Golf Classic 03/12/2014
- Callaway Golf, Birdies for the Brave give back to wounded heroes at the Valspar Championship 03/12/2014
- Gary Player joins PHIT America's fight against inactivity, obesity 03/11/2014
- PHOTOS: Chile Classic's DEBRA Foundation dinner 03/07/2014
- Greater Gwinnett Championship to provide free military admission 03/07/2014
- Seventh annual Stater Bros. Charities Dave Stockton Heroes Challenge tees off March 10 03/07/2014
- The Jake raises record $2.2 million to support the Nicklaus Children’s Health Care Foundation 03/05/2014
- VIDEO: The First Tee arrives in Chile 03/05/2014
- Young brain cancer survivor treated to a special day at the WGC-Cadillac Championship 03/05/2014
- Barkley, Bean, Bryant and Friends Celebrity Skins Game raises over $150,000 for The First Tee 03/04/2014