Going for the Green with Waste Management
February 23, 2010
By PGA TOUR Staff
SCOTTSDALE, Ariz.—Waste Management is challenging tournament participants to “Go for the Green” on the TPC Scottsdale’s par-3 16th hole at this week’s Waste Management Phoenix Open. The event is a four-round closest-to-the-pin contest. Player distances from the pin will be calculated each day then added together to reach a cumulative total Sunday. The player with the lowest cumulative total wins the contest. Waste Management will then donate $25,000 to “Keep America Beautiful” in the winning player’s name. Fifty percent of the proceeds will be directed toward the local “Keep Phoenix Beautiful” chapter and 50 percent will go to “Keep America Beautiful National” Think Green Grant.
The Thunderbirds, the Waste Management Phoenix Open tournament host, has raised more than $65.9 million for charities, with more than $37.9 million generated since 2004.
Waste Management, Inc., based in Houston, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste-management services in North America. Through its subsidiaries, the company provides collection, transfer, recycling and resource recovery and disposal services. It is also a leading developer, operator and owner of waste-to-energy and landfill gas-to-energy facilities in the United States.
- PHOTOS: Charity Tuesday at the Waste Management Phoenix Open 02/03/2016
- Farmers Insurance Open volunteer Ed Luce of San Marco wins PGA TOUR Volunteer Challenge 02/02/2016
- Valero Texas Open, PGA TOUR Wives team up for "Game Show Night" 02/02/2016
- VIDEO: Tiger Woods reflects on his foundation's 20-year history 02/02/2016
- San Diego native Pat Perez hosts clinic for wounded veterans 01/27/2016
- Dell, PGA TOUR name five charities as Austin-Area beneficiaries for World Golf Championships-Dell Match Play 01/27/2016
- Fresh off Abu Dhabi win, Fowler shines during First Tee clinic in San Diego 01/26/2016
- Military family awarded mortgage-free home during CareerBuilder Challenge 01/25/2016
- CareerBuilder Challenge volunteer John Hamaliuk wins PGA TOUR Volunteer Challenge 01/23/2016
- Purple Heart recipients honored during CareerBuilder Challenge 01/23/2016