Giving Rooms a Whole New Look
August 19, 2011
By PGA TOUR Staff
JAMESTOWN, N.C.—Furnitureland South announced Aug. 15 its partnership with the PGA TOUR Wives Association to renovate two spaces for Family Service of the Piedmont. The makeovers were performed in the lobby of the Slane Serve Center in High Point, N.C., and at one of the organization’s battered women’s shelters.
The lobby of the Slane Service Center is the first point of contact for clients in need of any of the numerous services offered by Family Service of the Piedmont. The battered women’s shelter provides a home to a number of women and children who have fled violent and abusive, domestic situations.
Furnitureland South refurbished the shelter’s living room/TV area, as well as the children’s playroom—both common areas used daily. These rooms that received new furnishings and wall coverings provide an updated, more comfortable environment for clients seeking shelter.
“We are pleased to partner with the PGA TOUR Wives Association to make a difference in our community through Piedmont Family Services,” said Jason Harris, executive vice president of Furnitureland South. “We home that these makeovers provide better environments for those in our community who seek these services in times of crisis. We are grateful to the PGA TOUR families for choosing Furnitureland South.”
On Aug. 17, the PGA TOUR Wives Association held its annual “Price is Right” event, now in its 15th year. The players competing in the Wyndham Championship and their wives participated in a game modeled after the popular television game show allowing the players and wives to show common support for a worthy cause.
- PHOTOS: Kevin Chappell visits Children's Hospital Central California 12/05/2013
- KJ Choi pledges $100,000 to Typhoon Haiyan Relief in the Philippines 12/04/2013
- Mississippi Gulf Resort Classic donates $125,000 to Habitat for Humanity 12/04/2013
- Gary Player Foundation celebrates 30th anniversary by reaching new record in giving 12/04/2013
- Web.com Tour's Price Cutter Charity Championship nears $11 million in charitable giving 12/02/2013
- Hyundai Tournament of Champions announces 5K run/walk to benefit children fighting cancer 12/02/2013
- Q&A: PGA TOUR Wives share what they are most thankful for this season 11/28/2013
- Kate & Justin Rose Foundation helps Orlando student share love of reading 11/25/2013
- VIDEO: 2012 Travelers Championship Charity Celebration 11/24/2013
- Chappell builds support for cancer program at Children's Hospital Central California 11/22/2013