Faxons Put Support Behind Blessings in a Backpack
December 2, 2011
By PGA TOUR Staff
PROVIDENCE, R.I.—Champions Tour player Brad Faxon and his wife, Dory, are teaming with Charity Folks for an online auction from today to Dec. 16 to benefit Blessings in a Backpack’s Rhode Island chapter. Bidders will get the opportunity to bid on sports and travel packages as well as the “Caddy for a Day” experience with Justin Rose and Brad Faxon. Click here for auction catalogue and the chance to bid.
Rose’s “Caddy for a Day” experience will take place on March 21 during the Arnold Palmer Invitational at Bay Hill Club in Orlando, Fla., while Faxon will be offering up the caddie opportunity for both the Allianz Championship at The Old Course on Broken Sound in Boca Raton, Fla., on Feb. 8 and at the Toshiba Classic at Newport Beach Country Club in Newport Beach, Calif., on March 14.
In Providence, 85 percent of elementary school children qualify for free and reduced-cost lunch. However, there is no safety net for these children on the weekends. With this number of kids left hungry on the weekends, the Faxons decided to mobilize Blessings in a Backpack here, an organization that provides backpacks filled with food staples every weekend of the school year.
- Hole in W-O-N: Words with Friends competition leads to $10,000 First Tee donation 12/09/2013
- Memory Matters named PGA TOUR Charity of the Year 12/06/2013
- Kathy Evans named 2013 Champions Tour Volunteer of the Year 12/06/2013
- Darlene Riggs named 2013 PGA TOUR Volunteer of the Year for commitment to THE PLAYERS Championship 12/06/2013
- PHOTOS: Kevin Chappell visits Children's Hospital Central California 12/05/2013
- Gary Player Foundation celebrates 30th anniversary by reaching new record in giving 12/04/2013
- Mississippi Gulf Resort Classic donates $125,000 to Habitat for Humanity 12/04/2013
- KJ Choi pledges $100,000 to Typhoon Haiyan Relief in the Philippines 12/04/2013
- Web.com Tour's Price Cutter Charity Championship nears $11 million in charitable giving 12/02/2013
- Hyundai Tournament of Champions announces 5K run/walk to benefit children fighting cancer 12/02/2013