Dick's Sporting Goods Open Enjoys Another Banner Giving Year
December 5, 2011
By PGA TOUR Staff
VESTAL, N.Y.—The Board of Directors of Broome County Community Charities, Inc. announced its 2011 charitable donations on Dec. 3. Numerous organizations will be receiving contributions totaling $1,054,151. Broome County Community Charities is the host organization of the Champions Tour’s Dick’s Sporting Goods Open.
The contribution is a result of partnerships with Dick’s Sporting Goods, PGA TOUR Inc., the Champions Tour Players. Additional proceeds are derived from the 2011 Dick’s Sporting Goods Open and the third annual Wendy’s Walk for Kids.
“We are pleased that we could provide significant donations during this time of great need in our community,” said Albert Nocciolino, president of Broome County Community Charities, Inc. “These donations would not be possible without the generosity of several partners who have chosen Broome County Community Charities as the vehicle to advance their charitable interests in our community.”
This donation brings Broome County Community Charities, Inc.’s total commitment to charity to more than $10.7 million since 1971.
- Brian Gay Invitational raises more than $410,000 to benefit Florida Hospital for Children 12/11/2013
- Nationwide Children’s Hospital Championship announces record-setting charitable donation 12/10/2013
- Words with Friends competition leads to $10,000 First Tee donation 12/09/2013
- Kathy Evans named 2013 Champions Tour Volunteer of the Year 12/06/2013
- Memory Matters named PGA TOUR Charity of the Year 12/06/2013
- Darlene Riggs named 2013 PGA TOUR Volunteer of the Year for commitment to THE PLAYERS Championship 12/06/2013
- PHOTOS: Kevin Chappell visits Children's Hospital Central California 12/05/2013
- Mississippi Gulf Resort Classic donates $125,000 to Habitat for Humanity 12/04/2013
- KJ Choi pledges $100,000 to Typhoon Haiyan Relief in the Philippines 12/04/2013
- Gary Player Foundation celebrates 30th anniversary by reaching new record in giving 12/04/2013