Dick's Sporting Goods Open Enjoys Another Banner Giving Year
December 5, 2011
By PGA TOUR Staff
VESTAL, N.Y.—The Board of Directors of Broome County Community Charities, Inc. announced its 2011 charitable donations on Dec. 3. Numerous organizations will be receiving contributions totaling $1,054,151. Broome County Community Charities is the host organization of the Champions Tour’s Dick’s Sporting Goods Open.
The contribution is a result of partnerships with Dick’s Sporting Goods, PGA TOUR Inc., the Champions Tour Players. Additional proceeds are derived from the 2011 Dick’s Sporting Goods Open and the third annual Wendy’s Walk for Kids.
“We are pleased that we could provide significant donations during this time of great need in our community,” said Albert Nocciolino, president of Broome County Community Charities, Inc. “These donations would not be possible without the generosity of several partners who have chosen Broome County Community Charities as the vehicle to advance their charitable interests in our community.”
This donation brings Broome County Community Charities, Inc.’s total commitment to charity to more than $10.7 million since 1971.
- Smith turns a good laugh at the Wells Fargo Championship into a great cause 05/22/2013
- Fowler, Mahan join tornado relief effort 05/22/2013
- Beljan pledges support to Texas tornado victims 05/22/2013
- Support Oklahoma tornado victims 05/22/2013
- PGA TOUR players pledge support to Oklahoma tornado victims 05/21/2013
- Tiger Woods, Rickie Flower headline sixth annual Notah Begay III Challenge 05/20/2013
- PHOTO: Web.com Tour player families visit children's hospital during BMW Charity Pro-Am presented by SYNNEX 05/17/2013
- Leishman hoping golf can help heal Newtown 05/16/2013
- VIDEO: PGA TOUR $2 Billion & Beyond -- Verlyncia's Story 05/16/2013
- Zach Johnson Foundation to host charity volleyball tournament benefitting Iowa children on May 17 05/15/2013