The Latest DePuy Mitek Player Charity Program Standings
PONTE VEDRA BEACH, Fla.—DePuy Mitek, an Official Health and Fitness Provider of the PGA TOUR and Champions Tour, introduced a charity program in its expo space at the Honda Classic which offered fans a chance to vote for their favorite player among those players enrolled in the program. The player with the most votes at the conclusion of the program will win $25,000 for his designated charity.
This is the first Official Marketing Partner charity initiative activated at the local tournament level since the PGA TOUR launched the “Together, anything’s possible” charitable campaign in 2010.
“We are extremely pleased to have DePuy Mitek work with the PGA TOUR and Champions Tour players on this charity initiative,” said Tom Wade, PGA TOUR Chief Marketing Officer. “In addition to awarding charitable donations, this initiative will help spread the word about what our players do for charity throughout the season.”
The kiosk where fans vote, called ORTHOVISC®’s PGA TOUR Player Charity Program, will be present at nine tournaments this season: The Honda Classic, Shell Houston Open, Crowne Plaza Invitational at Colonial, Travelers Championship, AT&T National, The Barclays, Deutsche Bank Championship and THE TOUR Championship presented by Coca-Cola on the PGA TOUR, as well as the Champion Tour’s Regions Tradition.
In addition to the first-place prize of $25,000, DePuy will award $15,000 to second place and $10,000 to third and fourth place.
“We look forward to launching the ORTHOVISC® PGA TOUR Player Charity Program at The Honda Classic,” said Ian Lawson, Worldwide President, DePuy Mitek. “We are pleased with the number of players who have elected to enroll in the program and are excited to help tell their stories to fans visiting our expo space. Giving back to charity is very important to DePuy Mitek and is one of the reasons we value our partnership with the PGA TOUR.”
For more information on ORTHOVISC® and DePuy Mitek’s involvement with the PGA TOUR, please visit go123ov.com.
Here are the Top 5 vote earners and their charities. (Through The Deutsche Bank Championship)
- VIDEO: Willie Wood supports Ronald McDonald House Charities in Tulsa 04/25/2017
- College of the Ozarks dedicates The Missouri Gold Star Families Memorial 04/22/2017
- VIDEO: Josh Broadaway sponsors storm benefit concert 04/22/2017
- WATCH: Justin Thomas returns to Louisville to host junior championship 04/22/2017
- Carriker's passion for golf in San Antonio shines at Valero Texas Open 04/20/2017
- Bryson DeChambeau teams with National Kidney Foundation Golf Classic 03/30/2017
- VIDEO: Brad Faxon visits Keesler Air Force Base 03/30/2017
- MD Anderson to provide free skin cancer screenings at Shell Houston Open 03/29/2017
- Jay Don Blake shares love of golf, reading with preschool children in Mississippi 03/29/2017
- PGA TOUR wives golf with cancer patients in downtown Houston 03/29/2017