The Latest DePuy Mitek Player Charity Program Standings
PONTE VEDRA BEACH, Fla.—DePuy Mitek, an Official Health and Fitness Provider of the PGA TOUR and Champions Tour, introduced a charity program in its expo space at the Honda Classic which offered fans a chance to vote for their favorite player among those players enrolled in the program. The player with the most votes at the conclusion of the program will win $25,000 for his designated charity.
This is the first Official Marketing Partner charity initiative activated at the local tournament level since the PGA TOUR launched the “Together, anything’s possible” charitable campaign in 2010.
“We are extremely pleased to have DePuy Mitek work with the PGA TOUR and Champions Tour players on this charity initiative,” said Tom Wade, PGA TOUR Chief Marketing Officer. “In addition to awarding charitable donations, this initiative will help spread the word about what our players do for charity throughout the season.”
The kiosk where fans vote, called ORTHOVISC®’s PGA TOUR Player Charity Program, will be present at nine tournaments this season: The Honda Classic, Shell Houston Open, Crowne Plaza Invitational at Colonial, Travelers Championship, AT&T National, The Barclays, Deutsche Bank Championship and THE TOUR Championship presented by Coca-Cola on the PGA TOUR, as well as the Champion Tour’s Regions Tradition.
In addition to the first-place prize of $25,000, DePuy will award $15,000 to second place and $10,000 to third and fourth place.
“We look forward to launching the ORTHOVISC® PGA TOUR Player Charity Program at The Honda Classic,” said Ian Lawson, Worldwide President, DePuy Mitek. “We are pleased with the number of players who have elected to enroll in the program and are excited to help tell their stories to fans visiting our expo space. Giving back to charity is very important to DePuy Mitek and is one of the reasons we value our partnership with the PGA TOUR.”
For more information on ORTHOVISC® and DePuy Mitek’s involvement with the PGA TOUR, please visit go123ov.com.
Here are the Top 5 vote earners and their charities. (Through The Deutsche Bank Championship)
- FedEx, JA Worldwide tee up inaugural FedEx Junior Business Challenge 03/27/2017
- BMW Charity Pro-Am Presented by SYNNEX Corporation announces inaugural Executive Women’s Day 03/17/2017
- Callaway Golf, Birdies for the Brave honor wounded veterans during Arnold Palmer Invitational 03/14/2017
- Arnie's Army marches on in Palmer's memory 03/13/2017
- Jason Day tees off for charity at TPC Sawgrass 03/08/2017
- Jeff Klauk to host Athletes vs. Epilepsy $1 Million Shootout charity event on April 10 03/06/2017
- Children's Healthcare Charity receives $10,000 donation from The Honda Classic volunteer challenge 03/02/2017
- VIDEO: The First Tee of Mexico launches 03/02/2017
- VIDEO: Volunteering on TOUR 03/02/2017
- RBC Heritage kicks off charity tour 03/01/2017