Choi Remembers Japan with Donation
March 18, 2011
By PGA TOUR Staff
Korean K.J. Choi, a seven-time PGA TOUR winner and Presidents Cup veteran, has pledged to help the victims of the recent earthquake and tsunami in Japan by donating $100,000 to the American Red Cross through the K.J. Choi Foundation.
In 1999, Choi played on the Japan Golf Tour prior to earning his PGA TOUR playing privileges.
“It is shocking and terribly sad to see what is happening every day in Japan and the difficulty they face in overcoming this disaster. The situation in Japan impacts us all on a global level,” Choi said. “This is the time for us to join our hands together and do all we can to help our friends in Japan.
“I have special memories of playing in Japan as it set the stepping stone in helping me to become the first Korean to earn a U.S PGA TOUR card,” Choi continued. “Through the K.J. Choi Foundation, I want to implement projects that can attract continuous interest and support to help our neighbors in Japan.”
K.J. Choi Foundation was founded in 2007 in Seoul, South Korea by K.J. Choi to help the underprivileged children and people around the world and to contribute in building a healthier and brighter future for the global community.
To donate to Japan earthquake and tsunami relief, click here
- Fifth annual Battle of the Network Stars nets $10k for San Antonio charities 10/29/2014
- Travelers Championship announces record $1.5M raised for charity in 2014 10/27/2014
- VIDEO: Shriners patient R.J. Wren plays alongside TOUR pros in Vegas 10/27/2014
- 2014 Wells Fargo Championship distributes over $1 million to charities 10/23/2014
- VIDEO: PGA TOUR Wives take on husbands in charity wiffle ball game at The McGladrey Classic 10/22/2014
- THE PLAYERS Championship announces record $7.5 million generated for charity in 2014 10/16/2014
- Shriners Hospitals for Children to bring 'hospital experience' to TPC Summerlin 10/13/2014
- J.B. Holmes, Komen of Louisville raise over $200k for breast cancer fight 10/10/2014
- Kate and Justin Rose Foundation event raises over $400k for central Florida youth 10/10/2014
- Compton inspires during Frys.com Open junior clinic 10/09/2014