Choi Remembers Japan with Donation
March 18, 2011
By PGA TOUR Staff
Korean K.J. Choi, a seven-time PGA TOUR winner and Presidents Cup veteran, has pledged to help the victims of the recent earthquake and tsunami in Japan by donating $100,000 to the American Red Cross through the K.J. Choi Foundation.
In 1999, Choi played on the Japan Golf Tour prior to earning his PGA TOUR playing privileges.
“It is shocking and terribly sad to see what is happening every day in Japan and the difficulty they face in overcoming this disaster. The situation in Japan impacts us all on a global level,” Choi said. “This is the time for us to join our hands together and do all we can to help our friends in Japan.
“I have special memories of playing in Japan as it set the stepping stone in helping me to become the first Korean to earn a U.S PGA TOUR card,” Choi continued. “Through the K.J. Choi Foundation, I want to implement projects that can attract continuous interest and support to help our neighbors in Japan.”
K.J. Choi Foundation was founded in 2007 in Seoul, South Korea by K.J. Choi to help the underprivileged children and people around the world and to contribute in building a healthier and brighter future for the global community.
To donate to Japan earthquake and tsunami relief, click here
- PHOTOS: Kevin Chappell visits Children's Hospital Central California 12/05/2013
- KJ Choi pledges $100,000 to Typhoon Haiyan Relief in the Philippines 12/04/2013
- Mississippi Gulf Resort Classic donates $125,000 to Habitat for Humanity 12/04/2013
- Gary Player Foundation celebrates 30th anniversary by reaching new record in giving 12/04/2013
- Web.com Tour's Price Cutter Charity Championship nears $11 million in charitable giving 12/02/2013
- Hyundai Tournament of Champions announces 5K run/walk to benefit children fighting cancer 12/02/2013
- Q&A: PGA TOUR Wives share what they are most thankful for this season 11/28/2013
- Kate & Justin Rose Foundation helps Orlando student share love of reading 11/25/2013
- VIDEO: 2012 Travelers Championship Charity Celebration 11/24/2013
- Chappell builds support for cancer program at Children's Hospital Central California 11/22/2013