Choi Remembers Japan with Donation
March 18, 2011
By PGA TOUR Staff
Korean K.J. Choi, a seven-time PGA TOUR winner and Presidents Cup veteran, has pledged to help the victims of the recent earthquake and tsunami in Japan by donating $100,000 to the American Red Cross through the K.J. Choi Foundation.
In 1999, Choi played on the Japan Golf Tour prior to earning his PGA TOUR playing privileges.
“It is shocking and terribly sad to see what is happening every day in Japan and the difficulty they face in overcoming this disaster. The situation in Japan impacts us all on a global level,” Choi said. “This is the time for us to join our hands together and do all we can to help our friends in Japan.
“I have special memories of playing in Japan as it set the stepping stone in helping me to become the first Korean to earn a U.S PGA TOUR card,” Choi continued. “Through the K.J. Choi Foundation, I want to implement projects that can attract continuous interest and support to help our neighbors in Japan.”
K.J. Choi Foundation was founded in 2007 in Seoul, South Korea by K.J. Choi to help the underprivileged children and people around the world and to contribute in building a healthier and brighter future for the global community.
To donate to Japan earthquake and tsunami relief, click here
- Four Purple Heart recipients awarded mortgage-free homes during the 2015 Crowne Plaza Invitational at Colonial 05/23/2015
- Lowcountry Foundation for Wounded Military Heroes raises funds for Birdies for the Brave homefront groups 05/19/2015
- Join the Crowne Plaza Invitational At Colonial's "Always On Charity Challenge" 05/18/2015
- Doyle Glass, Leigh Colpack named Regions Tradition Volunteers of the Year 05/18/2015
- Inaugural Lincoln Awards: A Concert for Veterans & the Military Family airs on PBS May 22 05/15/2015
- CBS To Air "PGA REACH: Impacting Lives Through Golf" Special May 16 05/14/2015
- Big Break: Warrior Edition honors military veterans with television-inspired golf skills competition 05/14/2015
- PHOTO: Web.com Tour Wives collect donated items for New Foundations Home for Children 05/14/2015
- Wells Fargo Championship teams with Callaway Golf, Birdies for the Brave to honor two Purple Heart recipients 05/14/2015
- Tiger Woods Foundation earns four-star Charity Navigator rating for third consecutive year 05/14/2015