Choi Remembers Japan with Donation
March 18, 2011
By PGA TOUR Staff
Korean K.J. Choi, a seven-time PGA TOUR winner and Presidents Cup veteran, has pledged to help the victims of the recent earthquake and tsunami in Japan by donating $100,000 to the American Red Cross through the K.J. Choi Foundation.
In 1999, Choi played on the Japan Golf Tour prior to earning his PGA TOUR playing privileges.
“It is shocking and terribly sad to see what is happening every day in Japan and the difficulty they face in overcoming this disaster. The situation in Japan impacts us all on a global level,” Choi said. “This is the time for us to join our hands together and do all we can to help our friends in Japan.
“I have special memories of playing in Japan as it set the stepping stone in helping me to become the first Korean to earn a U.S PGA TOUR card,” Choi continued. “Through the K.J. Choi Foundation, I want to implement projects that can attract continuous interest and support to help our neighbors in Japan.”
K.J. Choi Foundation was founded in 2007 in Seoul, South Korea by K.J. Choi to help the underprivileged children and people around the world and to contribute in building a healthier and brighter future for the global community.
To donate to Japan earthquake and tsunami relief, click here
- Molder hits the runway at Halo Animal Rescue's 'Players and Pets' event 01/28/2015
- PHOTOS: PGA TOUR Wives Classic at the Waste Management Phoenix Open 01/28/2015
- Watson's car nets $410K for Birdies for the Brave 01/19/2015
- Hunter Mahan to 'putt a painting' for NADA benefit 01/16/2015
- PGA TOUR Wives Classic set for Jan. 27 at Waste Management Phoenix Open 01/15/2015
- PHOTOS: PGA TOUR players visit Greenville Shriners Hospital 01/15/2015
- College of the Ozarks named 2014 Champions Tour Charity of the Year 01/14/2015
- Bubba Watson puts classic car on Barrett-Jackson's auction block for charity 01/09/2015
- Hyundai Tournament of Champions serves as vehicle for charity 01/09/2015
- Evans Scholars Foundation surpasses 10,000 alumni 01/08/2015