Choi Remembers Japan with Donation
March 18, 2011
By PGA TOUR Staff
Korean K.J. Choi, a seven-time PGA TOUR winner and Presidents Cup veteran, has pledged to help the victims of the recent earthquake and tsunami in Japan by donating $100,000 to the American Red Cross through the K.J. Choi Foundation.
In 1999, Choi played on the Japan Golf Tour prior to earning his PGA TOUR playing privileges.
“It is shocking and terribly sad to see what is happening every day in Japan and the difficulty they face in overcoming this disaster. The situation in Japan impacts us all on a global level,” Choi said. “This is the time for us to join our hands together and do all we can to help our friends in Japan.
“I have special memories of playing in Japan as it set the stepping stone in helping me to become the first Korean to earn a U.S PGA TOUR card,” Choi continued. “Through the K.J. Choi Foundation, I want to implement projects that can attract continuous interest and support to help our neighbors in Japan.”
K.J. Choi Foundation was founded in 2007 in Seoul, South Korea by K.J. Choi to help the underprivileged children and people around the world and to contribute in building a healthier and brighter future for the global community.
To donate to Japan earthquake and tsunami relief, click here
- PGA TOUR Wives host murder mystery event benefitting New Jersey children in need 08/22/2014
- Parker's Make-A-Wish at The Barclays 08/21/2014
- Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield teams with Morgan Hoffmann on The Barclays walking challenge 08/21/2014
- Greater Gwinnett Championship distributes over $170,000 to local charities 08/21/2014
- 2014 BMW Charity Pro-Am raises $836,883 for South Carolina charities 08/20/2014
- Graeme McDowell wins #RBCGolf4Kids social media campaign for charity 08/20/2014
- RBS grants scholarships to participants of The First Tee 08/20/2014
- Morgan Hoffmann gives back while at home in New Jersey for the FedExCup Playoffs 08/20/2014
- The First Tee of Metropolitan New York inspires young women to be heard 08/19/2014
- VIDEO: 2014 Ian Poulter Charity Classic 08/15/2014