Hoffman the First to Kick Off Caddy For A Cure Season
January 13, 2011
By PGA TOUR Staff
Golf fans can now bid on the chance to spend a day inside the ropes caddying for two-time PGA TOUR winner Charley Hoffman at the Waste Management Phoenix Open at TPC Scottsdale. As part of the non-profit program Caddy For A Cure, fans bid in an online auction for the opportunity to caddie for a PGA TOUR or LPGA player during their official practice or pro-am competition round. One-hundred percent of the proceeds go to charity. he Caddy For A Cure experience with Hoffman will take place during the FBR/Xerox Pro-Am competition at the Waste Managment Phoenix Open on Feb. 2.
Fans interested in bidding on the Charley Hoffman auction can do so by visiting the Web site and accessing the “player auction” links. The opportunity is live, and bidders have the option of making an offer or purchasing the experience instantly at the buy-it-now price. The winner will spend the day with Hoffman and his TOUR caddie, walking shoulder to shoulder among the world’s best players as Hoffman competes. All of the proceeds benefit the Fanconi Anemia Research Fund, Birdies for the Brave, the PGA TOUR Caddy Assistance Fund, Hoffman’s charity of choice and the Waste Management Phoenix Open charity as selected by the host tournament organization, The Thunderbirds.
“It’s a sincere privilege to have the opportunity to assist Caddy For A Cure in raising funds for these outstanding charities, while at the same time help one lucky fan emulate what it’s like to be a professional golfer on the PGA TOUR,” said Hoffman. “This truly unique program is a win-win for everyone. The fans win, the players win, and through this collaborative effort, we are able to help countless individuals and organizations across the country.”
The experience with Hoffman is the first of many 2011 Caddy For A Cure opportunities that will be auctioned off with PGA TOUR players. Other auctions that are currently available online include:
Luke Donald at the Northern Trust Open (Pacific Palisades, Calif.), Feb. 16
Angel Cabrera at the World Golf Championships–Cadillac Championship (Miami, Fla.) March 9
Ernie Els at the Arnold Palmer Invitational (Orlando, Fla.), March 23
Brian Davis at the Arnold Palmer Invitational (Orlando, Fla.), March 23
Rickie Fowler - The Heritage (Hilton Head Island, S.C.), April 20
Additional auctions will be added as the season progresses. For more information on Caddy For A Cure and its charitable beneficiaries, call 954-341-4600.
- VIDEO: Caddy for a Cure with Jason Bohn at the John Deere Classic 07/31/2014
- Harman, Speith help raise $200,000 for Boys & Girls Clubs of the Mississippi Valley 07/30/2014
- Valspar Championship presented by BB&T raises $1.6 million for charity in 2014 07/28/2014
- CBS Sports special focuses on PGA TOUR players’ charitable initiatives 07/28/2014
- Shaw Communications announces campaign to benefit Graham and Ruby DeLaet Foundation 07/25/2014
- BMW Championship exhibition raises $45,000 for Evans Scholars Foundation 07/24/2014
- PHOTOS: Web.com Tour Wives partner with Midwest Classic to create "Camp Quality Baskets" 07/23/2014
- Jarrod Lyle: A survivor seeking to help others 07/22/2014
- Fred Couples joins Snoqualmie Showdown charity event on August 4 07/22/2014
- Darren Clarke receives Golf Foundation's ‘Spirit of Golf’ award 07/21/2014