Hoffman the First to Kick Off Caddy For A Cure Season
January 13, 2011
By PGA TOUR Staff
Golf fans can now bid on the chance to spend a day inside the ropes caddying for two-time PGA TOUR winner Charley Hoffman at the Waste Management Phoenix Open at TPC Scottsdale. As part of the non-profit program Caddy For A Cure, fans bid in an online auction for the opportunity to caddie for a PGA TOUR or LPGA player during their official practice or pro-am competition round. One-hundred percent of the proceeds go to charity. he Caddy For A Cure experience with Hoffman will take place during the FBR/Xerox Pro-Am competition at the Waste Managment Phoenix Open on Feb. 2.
Fans interested in bidding on the Charley Hoffman auction can do so by visiting the Web site and accessing the “player auction” links. The opportunity is live, and bidders have the option of making an offer or purchasing the experience instantly at the buy-it-now price. The winner will spend the day with Hoffman and his TOUR caddie, walking shoulder to shoulder among the world’s best players as Hoffman competes. All of the proceeds benefit the Fanconi Anemia Research Fund, Birdies for the Brave, the PGA TOUR Caddy Assistance Fund, Hoffman’s charity of choice and the Waste Management Phoenix Open charity as selected by the host tournament organization, The Thunderbirds.
“It’s a sincere privilege to have the opportunity to assist Caddy For A Cure in raising funds for these outstanding charities, while at the same time help one lucky fan emulate what it’s like to be a professional golfer on the PGA TOUR,” said Hoffman. “This truly unique program is a win-win for everyone. The fans win, the players win, and through this collaborative effort, we are able to help countless individuals and organizations across the country.”
The experience with Hoffman is the first of many 2011 Caddy For A Cure opportunities that will be auctioned off with PGA TOUR players. Other auctions that are currently available online include:
Luke Donald at the Northern Trust Open (Pacific Palisades, Calif.), Feb. 16
Angel Cabrera at the World Golf Championships–Cadillac Championship (Miami, Fla.) March 9
Ernie Els at the Arnold Palmer Invitational (Orlando, Fla.), March 23
Brian Davis at the Arnold Palmer Invitational (Orlando, Fla.), March 23
Rickie Fowler - The Heritage (Hilton Head Island, S.C.), April 20
Additional auctions will be added as the season progresses. For more information on Caddy For A Cure and its charitable beneficiaries, call 954-341-4600.
- Valero Texas Open: A bond beyond the ropes for Ryan Polzin and caddie Randy Jones 03/26/2015
- Valero Texas Open teams with Callaway Golf, Birdies for the Brave to honor two local wounded heroes 03/26/2015
- The First Tee of Tucson: Keeping Kids on the Right Course 03/23/2015
- VIDEO: LPGA, USGA Girls Golf launch Little Girls, Big Dreams campaign 03/19/2015
- Callaway provides fitting gratitude to Purple Heart recipients during Arnold Palmer Invitational 03/18/2015
- Graham and Ruby DeLaet Foundation, The Children's Wish Foundation named charitable partners of the Nova Scotia Open 03/16/2015
- PHOTOS: PGA TOUR Wives put the finishing touches on Habitat for Humanity home during Valspar Championship 03/12/2015
- PGA TOUR Superstore helps The First Tee increase participation 03/10/2015
- PGA TOUR reaches new charitable plateau in early 2015 03/08/2015
- Imagination Playground joins 2015 WGC-Cadillac Championship 03/05/2015