Hoffman the First to Kick Off Caddy For A Cure Season
January 13, 2011
By PGA TOUR Staff
Golf fans can now bid on the chance to spend a day inside the ropes caddying for two-time PGA TOUR winner Charley Hoffman at the Waste Management Phoenix Open at TPC Scottsdale. As part of the non-profit program Caddy For A Cure, fans bid in an online auction for the opportunity to caddie for a PGA TOUR or LPGA player during their official practice or pro-am competition round. One-hundred percent of the proceeds go to charity. he Caddy For A Cure experience with Hoffman will take place during the FBR/Xerox Pro-Am competition at the Waste Managment Phoenix Open on Feb. 2.
Fans interested in bidding on the Charley Hoffman auction can do so by visiting the Web site and accessing the “player auction” links. The opportunity is live, and bidders have the option of making an offer or purchasing the experience instantly at the buy-it-now price. The winner will spend the day with Hoffman and his TOUR caddie, walking shoulder to shoulder among the world’s best players as Hoffman competes. All of the proceeds benefit the Fanconi Anemia Research Fund, Birdies for the Brave, the PGA TOUR Caddy Assistance Fund, Hoffman’s charity of choice and the Waste Management Phoenix Open charity as selected by the host tournament organization, The Thunderbirds.
“It’s a sincere privilege to have the opportunity to assist Caddy For A Cure in raising funds for these outstanding charities, while at the same time help one lucky fan emulate what it’s like to be a professional golfer on the PGA TOUR,” said Hoffman. “This truly unique program is a win-win for everyone. The fans win, the players win, and through this collaborative effort, we are able to help countless individuals and organizations across the country.”
The experience with Hoffman is the first of many 2011 Caddy For A Cure opportunities that will be auctioned off with PGA TOUR players. Other auctions that are currently available online include:
Luke Donald at the Northern Trust Open (Pacific Palisades, Calif.), Feb. 16
Angel Cabrera at the World Golf Championships–Cadillac Championship (Miami, Fla.) March 9
Ernie Els at the Arnold Palmer Invitational (Orlando, Fla.), March 23
Brian Davis at the Arnold Palmer Invitational (Orlando, Fla.), March 23
Rickie Fowler - The Heritage (Hilton Head Island, S.C.), April 20
Additional auctions will be added as the season progresses. For more information on Caddy For A Cure and its charitable beneficiaries, call 954-341-4600.
- Glenmorangie teams up with Birdies for the Brave to raise funds for military families, wounded heroes during three PGA TOUR events 08/24/2016
- Bubba Watson and caddie Ted Scott pledge support to Louisiana flood relief efforts 08/24/2016
- Charity leads the way for inaugural GolfBC Championship 08/18/2016
- VIDEO: A legacy of giving back at the Price Cutter Charity Championship 08/17/2016
- Meet Gianna 'One-Handed Lady Golfer' Rojas, volunteer at The Barclays 08/16/2016
- Ken Duke's dream for others reaches fruition with practice facility 08/11/2016
- Travelers donates $58,000 to Jim Furyk's charity of choice after record-setting 58 08/10/2016
- Jim Furyk named 2016 Payne Stewart Award recipient 08/09/2016
- PGA TOUR is golden for couple celebrating 50th consecutive year of volunteering at The Barclays 08/05/2016
- Military Families Benefit From Travelers Championship 08/03/2016