Caseys Make Big Donation
February 23, 2010
By PGA TOUR Staff
HOUSTON—Defending Shell Houston Open champion Paul Casey, who finished second at the just-completed World Golf Championships-Accenture Match Play Championship, returned for Shell Houston Open media day on Feb. 22 and announced that he and his wife, Jocelyn, are making a $100,000 donation to local charity through the Houston Golf Association.
The Caseys have worked with Houston Golf Association President/CEO Steve Timms to determine the recipients of the funding.
“This is something Jocelyn and I feel very strongly about,” Casey said.
Timms indicated an announcement is scheduled for March 30 when Casey returns to defend his title at the Shell Houston Open at Redstone Golf Club’s Tournament Course.
Currently No. 6 in the Official World Golf Ranking, Casey promised to make a donation to local charity during trophy-presentation ceremonies on the 18th green last spring. He is the winner of 10 international tournaments and teamed with Luke Donald to win the 2004 World Cup for his native England. A year ago, Casey made the 2009 Shell Houston Open his first PGA TOUR triumph, defeating J. B. Holmes on the first playoff hole in a playoff.
“When Paul recently informed us of the amount of the donation you can imagine how excited we got,” said Timms. “This is a wonderful announcement to make in the run-up to the Shell Houston Open.”
- Hole in W-O-N: Words with Friends competition leads to $10,000 First Tee donation 12/09/2013
- Memory Matters named PGA TOUR Charity of the Year 12/06/2013
- Kathy Evans named 2013 Champions Tour Volunteer of the Year 12/06/2013
- Darlene Riggs named 2013 PGA TOUR Volunteer of the Year for commitment to THE PLAYERS Championship 12/06/2013
- PHOTOS: Kevin Chappell visits Children's Hospital Central California 12/05/2013
- Gary Player Foundation celebrates 30th anniversary by reaching new record in giving 12/04/2013
- Mississippi Gulf Resort Classic donates $125,000 to Habitat for Humanity 12/04/2013
- KJ Choi pledges $100,000 to Typhoon Haiyan Relief in the Philippines 12/04/2013
- Web.com Tour's Price Cutter Charity Championship nears $11 million in charitable giving 12/02/2013
- Hyundai Tournament of Champions announces 5K run/walk to benefit children fighting cancer 12/02/2013