Bob Hope Classic Makes Big Charitable Donation
January 25, 2010
By PGA TOUR Staff
LA QUINTA, Calif.—Representatives of the Bob Hope Classic distributed $1.538 million in charitable proceeds from the 2009 Classic to Eisenhower Medical Center and 36 other charities. The event took place Jan. 18.
Charities receiving funds included 14 that provide structured programs for children, 10 that offer rehab, social and support services for those suffering from a variety of health conditions, 12 that provide food and/or shelter for the hungry, homeless and abused, and Eisenhower Medical Center.
The public check-distribution ceremony was conducted near the Bob Hope Classic Store at Main Street in Old Town La Quinta, where La Quinta Mayor Don Adolph, Baseball Hall of Famer Yogi Berra, actor William Devane, comedian Tom Dreesen and funds-distribution chairman Jim Reed participated. “If ever there was a year in which our charitable contributions could help, this is certainly the one,” said Classic President John Foster. “We are very pleased to be able to continue to extend our helping hand this year.
“The Classic’s mission is to support the many charities doing extraordinary work in the Coachella Valley,” Foster added. “An event like this only strengthens the efforts of our volunteers, sponsors and tournament staff throughout the year.”
A desert tradition since 1960, the Classic has contributed nearly $49 million to charity. The 51st Bob Hope Classic ended Jan. 25, with Bill Haas capturing his first PGA TOUR title.
- Two by Two Rescue named 2015 PGA TOUR Champions Charity of the Year 02/12/2016
- Chubb Classic, Waste Management donate up to $5K to Guardian Angels Medical Service Dogs 02/11/2016
- 2016 Gary Player Invitational scores an ace for local charity in Abu Dhabi 02/11/2016
- Travelers Championship names ALS Clinic at Hospital for Special Care in New Britain primary beneficiary in 2016 02/11/2016
- Birdies for the Brave, Callaway Golf honor wounded heroes during AT&T Pebble Beach Pro-Am 02/10/2016
- G-Mac Foundation 'Best of Ireland' event announces $2.7M raised for pediatric hospital in Ireland 02/10/2016
- PGA TOUR supports GCSAA implementation of best management practices with $250,000 grant 02/10/2016
- VIDEO: Reno-Tahoe Open Foundation awards $50,000 to local charities 02/09/2016
- PHOTOS: Charity Tuesday at the Waste Management Phoenix Open 02/03/2016
- VIDEO: Tiger Woods reflects on his foundation's 20-year history 02/02/2016