Bob Hope Classic Makes Big Charitable Donation
January 25, 2010
By PGA TOUR Staff
LA QUINTA, Calif.—Representatives of the Bob Hope Classic distributed $1.538 million in charitable proceeds from the 2009 Classic to Eisenhower Medical Center and 36 other charities. The event took place Jan. 18.
Charities receiving funds included 14 that provide structured programs for children, 10 that offer rehab, social and support services for those suffering from a variety of health conditions, 12 that provide food and/or shelter for the hungry, homeless and abused, and Eisenhower Medical Center.
The public check-distribution ceremony was conducted near the Bob Hope Classic Store at Main Street in Old Town La Quinta, where La Quinta Mayor Don Adolph, Baseball Hall of Famer Yogi Berra, actor William Devane, comedian Tom Dreesen and funds-distribution chairman Jim Reed participated. “If ever there was a year in which our charitable contributions could help, this is certainly the one,” said Classic President John Foster. “We are very pleased to be able to continue to extend our helping hand this year.
“The Classic’s mission is to support the many charities doing extraordinary work in the Coachella Valley,” Foster added. “An event like this only strengthens the efforts of our volunteers, sponsors and tournament staff throughout the year.”
A desert tradition since 1960, the Classic has contributed nearly $49 million to charity. The 51st Bob Hope Classic ended Jan. 25, with Bill Haas capturing his first PGA TOUR title.
- Valero Texas Open, PGA TOUR Wives team up for Game Show Night 04/28/2016
- Houston Golf Association Junior Golf Program receives $10K donation from Shell Houston Open volunteer challenge 04/07/2016
- World Golf Hall of Fame member Lee Trevino honored at FedEx St. Jude Classic Champion’s Day 04/07/2016
- WATCH: The David Toms Foundation launching the future of our youth 04/06/2016
- Graeme McDowell to create once-in-a-lifetime caddie experience for wounded hero during the Masters 04/06/2016
- Longtime TOUR official Bradley brings fun with a purpose to hometown event 04/01/2016
- PGA TOUR Wives visit University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center 03/31/2016
- World Golf Championships-Bridgestone Invitational announces partnership with LeBron James Family Foundation 03/31/2016
- Marc Leishman launches charitable foundation 03/30/2016
- CareerBuilder Challenge volunteer John Hamaliuk donates $10,000 to Boys & Girls Club through PGA TOUR Volunteer Challenge 03/30/2016