Bob Hope Classic Makes Big Charitable Donation
January 25, 2010
By PGA TOUR Staff
LA QUINTA, Calif.—Representatives of the Bob Hope Classic distributed $1.538 million in charitable proceeds from the 2009 Classic to Eisenhower Medical Center and 36 other charities. The event took place Jan. 18.
Charities receiving funds included 14 that provide structured programs for children, 10 that offer rehab, social and support services for those suffering from a variety of health conditions, 12 that provide food and/or shelter for the hungry, homeless and abused, and Eisenhower Medical Center.
The public check-distribution ceremony was conducted near the Bob Hope Classic Store at Main Street in Old Town La Quinta, where La Quinta Mayor Don Adolph, Baseball Hall of Famer Yogi Berra, actor William Devane, comedian Tom Dreesen and funds-distribution chairman Jim Reed participated. “If ever there was a year in which our charitable contributions could help, this is certainly the one,” said Classic President John Foster. “We are very pleased to be able to continue to extend our helping hand this year.
“The Classic’s mission is to support the many charities doing extraordinary work in the Coachella Valley,” Foster added. “An event like this only strengthens the efforts of our volunteers, sponsors and tournament staff throughout the year.”
A desert tradition since 1960, the Classic has contributed nearly $49 million to charity. The 51st Bob Hope Classic ended Jan. 25, with Bill Haas capturing his first PGA TOUR title.
- VIDEO: Jacksonville Jaguars mascot wins THE PLAYERS 17th hole charity challenge in costume 04/16/2015
- RBC Heritage teams with Callaway Golf, Birdies for the Brave to honor Lowcountry wounded war heroes 04/15/2015
- VIDEO: Ben Crane teaches golf skills to Special Olympics athletes during RBC Heritage 04/15/2015
- VIDEO: Jeff Maggert's $5,000 shot for charity 04/14/2015
- Brad Faxon receives 2015 Ouimet Award 04/14/2015
- VIDEO: Padraig Harrington on Ireland's Lollipop Day and the fight against oesophageal cancer 04/14/2015
- Ernie Els partners with BirdieBox to introduce Els for Autism Box 04/14/2015
- Spend a day one-one-one and support charity with reigning U.S. Open champ Martin Kaymer at the 2015 Wells Fargo Championship 04/14/2015
- VIDEO: Jordan Spieth draws inspiration from his sister Ellie 04/14/2015
- VIDEO: Els for Autism update 04/14/2015