Bob Hope Classic Makes Big Charitable Donation
January 25, 2010
By PGA TOUR Staff
LA QUINTA, Calif.—Representatives of the Bob Hope Classic distributed $1.538 million in charitable proceeds from the 2009 Classic to Eisenhower Medical Center and 36 other charities. The event took place Jan. 18.
Charities receiving funds included 14 that provide structured programs for children, 10 that offer rehab, social and support services for those suffering from a variety of health conditions, 12 that provide food and/or shelter for the hungry, homeless and abused, and Eisenhower Medical Center.
The public check-distribution ceremony was conducted near the Bob Hope Classic Store at Main Street in Old Town La Quinta, where La Quinta Mayor Don Adolph, Baseball Hall of Famer Yogi Berra, actor William Devane, comedian Tom Dreesen and funds-distribution chairman Jim Reed participated. “If ever there was a year in which our charitable contributions could help, this is certainly the one,” said Classic President John Foster. “We are very pleased to be able to continue to extend our helping hand this year.
“The Classic’s mission is to support the many charities doing extraordinary work in the Coachella Valley,” Foster added. “An event like this only strengthens the efforts of our volunteers, sponsors and tournament staff throughout the year.”
A desert tradition since 1960, the Classic has contributed nearly $49 million to charity. The 51st Bob Hope Classic ended Jan. 25, with Bill Haas capturing his first PGA TOUR title.
- DeChambeau hosts junior clinic in advance of RBC Canadian Open at Glen Abbey 07/20/2016
- Getting to know one another keeps the world - and us - going around 07/20/2016
- VIDEO: Military homecoming at the Bridgestone Invitational 07/15/2016
- Danny Lee's birdie campaign nets $30,000 for West Virginia flood relief 07/14/2016
- Web.com Tour’s Ellie Mae Classic at TPC Stonebrae to feature Habitat for Humanity playhouse build 07/13/2016
- United Rentals teams with Birdies for the Brave to honor and empower military families during PGA TOUR tournaments in 2016 07/13/2016
- Honda Classic distributes over $3 million to charities in 2016 07/12/2016
- Help military families by playing in the World’s Largest Golf Outing 07/12/2016
- Meet Ashok Babu Kolla, 2016 Bridgestone Invitational winner of the PGA TOUR Volunteer Challenge 07/12/2016
- PGA TOUR players band together in support of Chalmer's autism foundation 07/06/2016