Charity Wins at a Green Carpet Affair
September 29, 2010
By PGA TOUR Staff
SADDLE RIVER, N.J.—And the winner is . . . charity.
On Tuesday during The Barclays week, PGA TOUR stars and their wives hosted a fund-raising event, A Green Carpet Affair Presented by Sentient Jet, with Children’s Aid and Family Services the beneficiary. At the home of Kevin and Patty Conway, the PGA TOUR Wives Association treated guests to food, wine and music while they mingled with the TOUR players. They also bid on silent- and live-auction items, with proceeds going to Children’s Aid and Family Services. Money raised during the evening was earmarked for Children’s Aid and Family Services’ new health care center—the first in the nation to care for and meet the special needs of foster children.
The PGA TOUR Wives Association received half of all the net proceeds from the evening to spend on needy children and their families in the communities we visit throughout the year.
- PHOTO: Web.com Tour player families visit children's hospital during BMW Charity Pro-Am presented by SYNNEX 05/17/2013
- VIDEO: PGA TOUR $2 Billion & Beyond -- Verlyncia's Story 05/16/2013
- Leishman hoping golf can help heal Newtown 05/16/2013
- Zach Johnson Foundation to host charity volleyball tournament benefitting Iowa children on May 17 05/15/2013
- PHOTOS: Adamonis hosts Fathers for a Cure Golf Classic in Rhode Island 05/15/2013
- Junior golfer playing 50 courses in 50 days to raise funds for education 05/14/2013
- PGA TOUR helps Make-A-Wish grant trip of a lifetime to THE PLAYERS 05/10/2013
- Caddies take aim at TPC Sawgrass to honor one of their own 05/08/2013
- PGA TOUR players trade clubs for caddie bibs at TOUR Wives Golf Classic 05/07/2013
- Pairings for TOUR Wives Golf Classic released 05/06/2013