Charity Wins at a Green Carpet Affair
September 29, 2010
By PGA TOUR Staff
SADDLE RIVER, N.J.—And the winner is . . . charity.
On Tuesday during The Barclays week, PGA TOUR stars and their wives hosted a fund-raising event, A Green Carpet Affair Presented by Sentient Jet, with Children’s Aid and Family Services the beneficiary. At the home of Kevin and Patty Conway, the PGA TOUR Wives Association treated guests to food, wine and music while they mingled with the TOUR players. They also bid on silent- and live-auction items, with proceeds going to Children’s Aid and Family Services. Money raised during the evening was earmarked for Children’s Aid and Family Services’ new health care center—the first in the nation to care for and meet the special needs of foster children.
The PGA TOUR Wives Association received half of all the net proceeds from the evening to spend on needy children and their families in the communities we visit throughout the year.
- KJ Choi pledges $100,000 to Typhoon Haiyan Relief in the Philippines 12/04/2013
- Mississippi Gulf Resort Classic donates $125,000 to Habitat for Humanity 12/04/2013
- Hyundai Tournament of Champions announces 5K run/walk to benefit children fighting cancer 12/02/2013
- Web.com Tour's Price Cutter Charity Championship nears $11 million in charitable giving 12/02/2013
- Q&A: PGA TOUR Wives share what they are most thankful for this season 11/28/2013
- Kate & Justin Rose Foundation helps Orlando student share love of reading 11/25/2013
- VIDEO: 2012 Travelers Championship Charity Celebration 11/24/2013
- Chappell builds support for cancer program at Children's Hospital Central California 11/22/2013
- THE PLAYERS Giving Back Month concludes with Red Coat Ride Out 11/22/2013
- Rotary Club of Kona receives $55,000 donation from 2013 Mitsubishi Electric Championship at Hualalai 11/22/2013