Jay Don Blake shares love of golf, reading with preschool children in Mississippi
March 29, 2017
BILOXI, Miss.- Jay Don Blake knows a thing or two about playing golf. Today he passed on a little bit of what he knows, mixed in with some ABCs to a group of pre-school children in Moss Point.
Blake and his wife, Marci, read to 40 children in the Excel by Five Initiative Program at Kreole Elementary School. Blake is competing in this week’s Mississippi Gulf Resort Classic.
The golfer tells News 25 encouraging children to read hits a hole in one for both him and his wife. “I didn’t know there was an ABC golf book out there. I was interested to see it myself and the kids were interested and it was fun to see their expressions and it was a priceless opportunity to do it.”
Marci Blake said, “Just a great opportunity to give back to the community as well as see the children. We love children. We have four children of our own and nine incredible grandchildren. We are having fun.”
A check for $25,000 to Excel by Five was presented during the reading. The first round of the Mississippi Gulf Resort Classic is set for Friday at Fallen Oak.
- Meet Zurich Classic of New Orleans volunteer extraordinaire Kevin Block 04/28/2017
- ISPS HANDA World Cup of Golf donates $700,000 to The Handa Foundation 04/28/2017
- WATCH: Justin Thomas returns to Louisville to host junior championship 04/22/2017
- VIDEO: Josh Broadaway sponsors storm benefit concert 04/22/2017
- College of the Ozarks dedicates The Missouri Gold Star Families Memorial 04/22/2017
- Carriker's passion for golf in San Antonio shines at Valero Texas Open 04/20/2017
- VIDEO: Brad Faxon visits Keesler Air Force Base 03/30/2017
- Bryson DeChambeau teams with National Kidney Foundation Golf Classic 03/30/2017
- PGA TOUR wives golf with cancer patients in downtown Houston 03/29/2017
- MD Anderson to provide free skin cancer screenings at Shell Houston Open 03/29/2017