BMW Charity Pro-Am Presented by SYNNEX Corporation announces inaugural Executive Women’s Day
March 17, 2017
GREENVILLE, S.C.— The BMW Charity Pro-AM presented by SYNNEX Corporation is furthering its overall commitment to the community by hosting the inaugural Executive Women’s Day on Wednesday, May 17. The event is scheduled to take place at Furman University’s Trone Student Center from 9:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. and will include a panel discussion and keynote speaker focusing on topics for women, by women.
Keynote speaker Molly Barker is founder of Girls on the Run, which uses running to inspire and motivate girls, encourage lifelong health and fitness, and reinforce important social, psychological and physical skills and abilities.
“The purpose of Executive Women’s Day, which will take place during tournament week, is to generate business and social relationships by providing an exclusive and engaging forum for professional women,” said Linda Johnson, Sales Director, BMW Charity Pro-Am presented by SYNNEX Corporation. “We are excited to have Molly Barker join us as keynote speaker, as well as panelists Dr. Elizabeth Davis, President, Furman University; Dr. Brenda J. Thames, Vice President for Academic and Faculty Affairs, Greenville Health System; and Denna Mensch, Vice President, Technology Solutions Marketing, SYNNEX. Amy Wood, 7 News WSPA anchor, will serve as emcee.”
Executive Women’s Day is one of several women’s events being held at PGA TOUR-sanctioned tournaments across the country. Clemson University International Center for Automotive Research (CU-ICAR) is sponsoring the event, which will focus on topics vital to the professional and personal development of attendees.
“CU-ICAR is a long-time supporter of the BMW Charity Pro-Am, and we are very proud to be a partner in the creation of this dynamic event,” said Amy Bulger, Marketing Manager, CU-ICAR. “It is certain to be a powerful day full of knowledge-sharing for existing and emerging business leaders in our community.”
In addition to Girls on the Run, Barker founded The Red Boot Coalition, which is “dedicated to spreading the message of compassionate listening.” A nonprofit leader, author and motivational speaker, she has been featured in Glamour, Runner’s World and SHAPE magazines. Additionally, Barker was recognized by Presidents Barack Obama and George H.W. Bush in 2013 in the Daily Point of Light ceremony. Named among the “Top 50 Most Influential People in Running” by Runner’s World, she was also recognized with the Alumni of the Year Award from her alma mater, the University of North Carolina.
The 2017 BMW Charity Pro-Am presented by SYNNEX Corporation will take place the week of May 15-21 at Thornblade Club, The Preserve at Verdae and Furman University Golf Club. For more information, please visit bmwcharitygolf.com.
- Meet Zurich Classic of New Orleans volunteer extraordinaire Kevin Block 04/28/2017
- ISPS HANDA World Cup of Golf donates $700,000 to The Handa Foundation 04/28/2017
- College of the Ozarks dedicates The Missouri Gold Star Families Memorial 04/22/2017
- WATCH: Justin Thomas returns to Louisville to host junior championship 04/22/2017
- VIDEO: Josh Broadaway sponsors storm benefit concert 04/22/2017
- Carriker's passion for golf in San Antonio shines at Valero Texas Open 04/20/2017
- Bryson DeChambeau teams with National Kidney Foundation Golf Classic 03/30/2017
- VIDEO: Brad Faxon visits Keesler Air Force Base 03/30/2017
- MD Anderson to provide free skin cancer screenings at Shell Houston Open 03/29/2017
- Jay Don Blake shares love of golf, reading with preschool children in Mississippi 03/29/2017