Meet the 2017 Farmers Insurance Open winner of the PGA TOUR Volunteer Challenge
February 15, 2017
Michele Chamberlin from San Diego, Calif. has been named the winner of the 2017 PGA TOUR Volunteer Challenge sponsored by Myrbetriq® (mirabegron), a friendly competition honoring the talent and dedication of the TOUR’s more than 100,000 tournament volunteers, including more than 850 volunteers in the San Diego area.
Chamberlin presented a $10,000 check to the Armed Services YMCA San Diego through the Century Club of San Diego on behalf of Astellas Pharma US, Inc., on Championship Sunday at the Farmers Insurance Open. Chamberlin chose the charity from a list selected by the tournament.
Chamberlin volunteered as a meaningful way to experience the tournament, get an up-close and personal look at professional golf, and give back to the community. As the winner of the PGA TOUR Volunteer Challenge at the Farmers Insurance Open, Chamberlin donated funds to help make a difference for people served by the Armed Services YMCA San Diego through the Century Club of San Diego.
The PGA TOUR Volunteer Challenge sponsored by Myrbetriq® (mirabegron) raises funds for charity while recognizing the talent, passion and commitment of the PGA TOUR’s nationwide network of volunteers who have helped the TOUR achieve more than $2.46 billion in charitable giving to date.
The PGA TOUR Volunteer Challenge takes place at 16 tournaments during the 2017 PGA TOUR season and builds upon more than $1 million provided by Astellas, the pharmaceutical manufacturer of Myrbetriq® (mirabegron), to tournament charities over the course of the company’s sponsorship with the PGA TOUR. Vote for future tournament charities today at pgatour.com/volunteers.
- FedEx, JA Worldwide tee up inaugural FedEx Junior Business Challenge 03/27/2017
- BMW Charity Pro-Am Presented by SYNNEX Corporation announces inaugural Executive Women’s Day 03/17/2017
- Callaway Golf, Birdies for the Brave honor wounded veterans during Arnold Palmer Invitational 03/14/2017
- Arnie's Army marches on in Palmer's memory 03/13/2017
- Jason Day tees off for charity at TPC Sawgrass 03/08/2017
- Jeff Klauk to host Athletes vs. Epilepsy $1 Million Shootout charity event on April 10 03/06/2017
- VIDEO: The First Tee of Mexico launches 03/02/2017
- Children's Healthcare Charity receives $10,000 donation from The Honda Classic volunteer challenge 03/02/2017
- VIDEO: Volunteering on TOUR 03/02/2017
- RBC Heritage kicks off charity tour 03/01/2017