Interfaith of The Woodlands named PGA TOUR Champions Charity of the Year
February 21, 2017
THE WOODLANDS, Texas – PGA TOUR Champions announced today that Interfaith of The Woodlands, one of the local charities benefitting from the Insperity Invitational presented by UnitedHealthcare, has been named the 2016 PGA TOUR Champions Charity of the Year.
“Interfaith is honored to be named the 2016 PGA TOUR Champions Charity of the Year. We are extremely grateful for the incredible partnership with the Insperity Invitational since 2005, raising critical funds, through our volunteer participation, which directly funds the many community programs that provide basic needs assistance to families in need and support services for senior adults, including the Interfaith Food Pantry,” said Interfaith President & CEO Missy Herndon. “The Interfaith Food Pantry served nearly 19,000 individuals with nonperishable food, fresh produce from Veggie Village Community Garden, and essential household cleaning and toiletry items. Thank you PGA TOUR, for your continued support enabling Interfaith to build a more loving and caring community through service.”
Interfaith of The Woodlands' mission has been to provide community service and an ongoing commitment to making a difference by serving its community. Interfaith works with member congregations, corporations, local businesses, individuals, nonprofits, and community organizations touching and making a difference in as many lives as possible.
Through the tournament, Interfaith of The Woodlands recruits over 100 volunteers annually to assist and experience the popular PGA TOUR Champions stop. The organization’s philanthropic voice helps to guide the overall theme of giving back throughout the week at The Woodlands Country Club, while also helping to expose a number of residents to the marriage of professional golf and charity.
Interfaith of the Woodlands is one of many charities that benefit annually from the Insperity Invitational, which produced a charitable donation of $750,000 in 2016.
“We are honored to present Interfaith of The Woodlands with our 2016 Charity of the Year Award,” said PGA TOUR Champions President Greg McLaughlin. “Through tireless effort, Interfaith has established a sustainable mission to impact community through service, with employees and volunteers helping to build a better life for those in need. Insperity’s commitment to this event has allowed us to create one of the year’s best tournaments while also developing a meaningful community footprint.”
As recipient of the 2016 PGA TOUR Champions Charity of the Year award, Interfaith of The Woodlands will receive $30,000, which will go towards meeting the needs of those in hunger in the region. Interfaith has the largest food pantry in South Montgomery County, with over 600 applications received monthly for food pantry assistance.
The 2017 Insperity Invitational will be contested at The Woodlands Country Club’s Tournament Course the week of May 1-7. For more information on the tournament, please visit InsperityInvitational.com.
- VIDEO: Willie Wood supports Ronald McDonald House Charities in Tulsa 04/25/2017
- College of the Ozarks dedicates The Missouri Gold Star Families Memorial 04/22/2017
- VIDEO: Josh Broadaway sponsors storm benefit concert 04/22/2017
- WATCH: Justin Thomas returns to Louisville to host junior championship 04/22/2017
- Carriker's passion for golf in San Antonio shines at Valero Texas Open 04/20/2017
- VIDEO: Brad Faxon visits Keesler Air Force Base 03/30/2017
- Bryson DeChambeau teams with National Kidney Foundation Golf Classic 03/30/2017
- Jay Don Blake shares love of golf, reading with preschool children in Mississippi 03/29/2017
- PGA TOUR wives golf with cancer patients in downtown Houston 03/29/2017
- MD Anderson to provide free skin cancer screenings at Shell Houston Open 03/29/2017