Each One Tell One named PGA TOUR Charity of the Year
December 8, 2016
PONTE VEDRA BEACH, Fla. — The PGA TOUR announced today that Each One Tell One, a Reno-based non-profit beneficiary of the Barracuda Championship, has been named the 2016 PGA TOUR Charity of the Year.
Through fundraising efforts, including an annual golf tournament, support and educational programs, Each One Tell One is an organization dedicated to raising dense breast tissue awareness for early breast cancer detection.
"We are so honored to have the PGA TOUR recognize the work we do to bring about dense breast tissue awareness,” said Heather Reimer, Each One Tell One founder. “To be associated with the TOUR is a dream come true for us and will allow us to continue helping save the lives of women. As a small non-profit from Reno, being associated with the PGA TOUR brand is a huge honor for us."
The award comes with a $30,000 grant from the PGA TOUR to help Each One Tell One, which will be utilized in a number of ways to help in the fight against cancer.
"All of us at the Barracuda Championship and the Reno-Tahoe Open Foundation are proud to partner with a great organization like Each One Tell One,” said Barracuda Championship Tournament Director Chris Hoff. “Their mission to raise awareness of dense breast tissue is critical and touches the lives of so many here in northern Nevada and around the country. We were honored to nominate Each One Tell One and are thrilled they have been recognized as the Charity of the Year across the entire PGA TOUR."
The 2016 Barracuda Championship was won by Greg Chalmers, and the 2017 Barracuda Championship will be held July 31-August 6 at Montrêux Golf and Country Club in Reno, Nevada.
- FedEx, JA Worldwide tee up inaugural FedEx Junior Business Challenge 03/27/2017
- BMW Charity Pro-Am Presented by SYNNEX Corporation announces inaugural Executive Women’s Day 03/17/2017
- Callaway Golf, Birdies for the Brave honor wounded veterans during Arnold Palmer Invitational 03/14/2017
- Arnie's Army marches on in Palmer's memory 03/13/2017
- Jason Day tees off for charity at TPC Sawgrass 03/08/2017
- Jeff Klauk to host Athletes vs. Epilepsy $1 Million Shootout charity event on April 10 03/06/2017
- Children's Healthcare Charity receives $10,000 donation from The Honda Classic volunteer challenge 03/02/2017
- VIDEO: The First Tee of Mexico launches 03/02/2017
- VIDEO: Volunteering on TOUR 03/02/2017
- RBC Heritage kicks off charity tour 03/01/2017