Each One Tell One named PGA TOUR Charity of the Year
December 8, 2016
PONTE VEDRA BEACH, Fla. — The PGA TOUR announced today that Each One Tell One, a Reno-based non-profit beneficiary of the Barracuda Championship, has been named the 2016 PGA TOUR Charity of the Year.
Through fundraising efforts, including an annual golf tournament, support and educational programs, Each One Tell One is an organization dedicated to raising dense breast tissue awareness for early breast cancer detection.
"We are so honored to have the PGA TOUR recognize the work we do to bring about dense breast tissue awareness,” said Heather Reimer, Each One Tell One founder. “To be associated with the TOUR is a dream come true for us and will allow us to continue helping save the lives of women. As a small non-profit from Reno, being associated with the PGA TOUR brand is a huge honor for us."
The award comes with a $30,000 grant from the PGA TOUR to help Each One Tell One, which will be utilized in a number of ways to help in the fight against cancer.
"All of us at the Barracuda Championship and the Reno-Tahoe Open Foundation are proud to partner with a great organization like Each One Tell One,” said Barracuda Championship Tournament Director Chris Hoff. “Their mission to raise awareness of dense breast tissue is critical and touches the lives of so many here in northern Nevada and around the country. We were honored to nominate Each One Tell One and are thrilled they have been recognized as the Charity of the Year across the entire PGA TOUR."
The 2016 Barracuda Championship was won by Greg Chalmers, and the 2017 Barracuda Championship will be held July 31-August 6 at Montrêux Golf and Country Club in Reno, Nevada.
- VIDEO: Willie Wood supports Ronald McDonald House Charities in Tulsa 04/25/2017
- College of the Ozarks dedicates The Missouri Gold Star Families Memorial 04/22/2017
- VIDEO: Josh Broadaway sponsors storm benefit concert 04/22/2017
- WATCH: Justin Thomas returns to Louisville to host junior championship 04/22/2017
- Carriker's passion for golf in San Antonio shines at Valero Texas Open 04/20/2017
- Bryson DeChambeau teams with National Kidney Foundation Golf Classic 03/30/2017
- VIDEO: Brad Faxon visits Keesler Air Force Base 03/30/2017
- MD Anderson to provide free skin cancer screenings at Shell Houston Open 03/29/2017
- Jay Don Blake shares love of golf, reading with preschool children in Mississippi 03/29/2017
- PGA TOUR wives golf with cancer patients in downtown Houston 03/29/2017