Rust-Oleum Championship makes $100,000 charitable donation to Cleveland Clinic Children’s
August 5, 2015
CLEVELAND (August 3) – The Rust-Oleum Championship, Cleveland’s second-year Web.com Tour event, will make a charitable donation of $100,000 to Cleveland Clinic Children’s, the tournament announced Monday.
Tom Reed, President and Chief Operating Officer of Rust-Oleum, and Ron Rice, President and Chief Operating Officer of Rust-Oleum’s parent company RPM International, presented Dr. Christine Traul, Director of Pediatric Palliative Care at Cleveland Clinic Children’s, with the donation during Monday’s Cleveland Clinic Children’s golf outing at Mayfield Country Club.
"After visiting Cleveland Clinic Children’s during tournament week, I was humbled by the courage and persistence of so many young children and extraordinary care they receive," said Reed. "As an organization, we are honored to support the hospital and the tremendous work it does."
The $100,000 gift will be used to fund critical programs in the Center for Pediatric Research — a center which serves to build and expand high-impact research programs for both common and rare childhood diseases. The research facility also prioritizes collaboration with scientists and leading researchers among the health system's adult-care specialists. It is because of philanthropy that these programs are able to thrive.
"We are incredibly grateful for Rust-Oleum’s generosity," said Dr. Giovanni Piedimonte, Chairman of Cleveland Clinic Children’s. "This gift will help support the advancement of our research program to enhance the prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of childhood disease and illness."
The 2015 Rust-Oleum Championship, held June 11-14 at Lakewood Country Club, was won by veteran Shane Bertsch. Bertsch captured a one-shot victory over Lucas Lee by shooting a five-under-par 66 in the final round. The win secured Bertsch’s PGA TOUR membership for the 2015-2016 season.
Revived in 2014 as the Cleveland Open, the Rust-Oleum Championship marked the return of professional golf to Greater Cleveland. The tournament is part of the Web.com Tour, the primary path to the PGA TOUR. Web.com Tour alums include Bubba Watson, Jason Day, Zach Johnson, Jimmy Walker, Keegan Bradley, and Ernie Els and alums have won more than 400 PGA TOUR titles.
For more information, visit rustoleumchampionship.com.
- BMW Charity Pro-Am Presented by SYNNEX Corporation announces inaugural Executive Women’s Day 03/17/2017
- Callaway Golf, Birdies for the Brave honor wounded veterans during Arnold Palmer Invitational 03/14/2017
- Arnie's Army marches on in Palmer's memory 03/13/2017
- Jason Day tees off for charity at TPC Sawgrass 03/08/2017
- Jeff Klauk to host Athletes vs. Epilepsy $1 Million Shootout charity event on April 10 03/06/2017
- Children's Healthcare Charity receives $10,000 donation from The Honda Classic volunteer challenge 03/02/2017
- VIDEO: The First Tee of Mexico launches 03/02/2017
- VIDEO: Volunteering on TOUR 03/02/2017
- RBC Heritage kicks off charity tour 03/01/2017
- Interfaith of The Woodlands named PGA TOUR Champions Charity of the Year 02/21/2017