Rust-Oleum Championship makes $100,000 charitable donation to Cleveland Clinic Children’s
August 5, 2015
CLEVELAND (August 3) – The Rust-Oleum Championship, Cleveland’s second-year Web.com Tour event, will make a charitable donation of $100,000 to Cleveland Clinic Children’s, the tournament announced Monday.
Tom Reed, President and Chief Operating Officer of Rust-Oleum, and Ron Rice, President and Chief Operating Officer of Rust-Oleum’s parent company RPM International, presented Dr. Christine Traul, Director of Pediatric Palliative Care at Cleveland Clinic Children’s, with the donation during Monday’s Cleveland Clinic Children’s golf outing at Mayfield Country Club.
"After visiting Cleveland Clinic Children’s during tournament week, I was humbled by the courage and persistence of so many young children and extraordinary care they receive," said Reed. "As an organization, we are honored to support the hospital and the tremendous work it does."
The $100,000 gift will be used to fund critical programs in the Center for Pediatric Research — a center which serves to build and expand high-impact research programs for both common and rare childhood diseases. The research facility also prioritizes collaboration with scientists and leading researchers among the health system's adult-care specialists. It is because of philanthropy that these programs are able to thrive.
"We are incredibly grateful for Rust-Oleum’s generosity," said Dr. Giovanni Piedimonte, Chairman of Cleveland Clinic Children’s. "This gift will help support the advancement of our research program to enhance the prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of childhood disease and illness."
The 2015 Rust-Oleum Championship, held June 11-14 at Lakewood Country Club, was won by veteran Shane Bertsch. Bertsch captured a one-shot victory over Lucas Lee by shooting a five-under-par 66 in the final round. The win secured Bertsch’s PGA TOUR membership for the 2015-2016 season.
Revived in 2014 as the Cleveland Open, the Rust-Oleum Championship marked the return of professional golf to Greater Cleveland. The tournament is part of the Web.com Tour, the primary path to the PGA TOUR. Web.com Tour alums include Bubba Watson, Jason Day, Zach Johnson, Jimmy Walker, Keegan Bradley, and Ernie Els and alums have won more than 400 PGA TOUR titles.
For more information, visit rustoleumchampionship.com.
- WATCH: Justin Thomas returns to Louisville to host junior championship 04/22/2017
- VIDEO: Josh Broadaway sponsors storm benefit concert 04/22/2017
- Carriker's passion for golf in San Antonio shines at Valero Texas Open 04/20/2017
- Bryson DeChambeau teams with National Kidney Foundation Golf Classic 03/30/2017
- VIDEO: Brad Faxon visits Keesler Air Force Base 03/30/2017
- MD Anderson to provide free skin cancer screenings at Shell Houston Open 03/29/2017
- PGA TOUR wives golf with cancer patients in downtown Houston 03/29/2017
- Jay Don Blake shares love of golf, reading with preschool children in Mississippi 03/29/2017
- FedEx, JA Worldwide tee up inaugural FedEx Junior Business Challenge 03/27/2017
- BMW Charity Pro-Am Presented by SYNNEX Corporation announces inaugural Executive Women’s Day 03/17/2017