Wells Fargo donates $1 million to The First Tee
April 27, 2015
SAN FRANCISCO- Wells Fargotoday announced a $1 million donation over the next five years to The First Tee, becoming a Trustee of the youth development organization that builds character through the game of golf for children at 175 local chapters across the U.S.
As a Trustee, Wells Fargo’s gift of $1 million will allow The First Tee home office to support its growing network by providing strategic direction and continued education, enhanced curriculum and training, operational standards and national participant opportunities.
Building on Wells Fargo’s long history of local support of The First Tee and several years of hosting the company’s Succeeding Together SM community program, today’s announcement takes the relationship to the national level, celebrating the important work of The First Tee and the impact it has on the lives of tens of thousands of youth every day.
“Wells Fargo is committed to improving the lives of children by maintaining an active role in our local communities and working together with organizations like The First Tee,” said Jamie Moldafsky, Wells Fargo Chief Marketing Officer. “As a Trustee, Wells Fargo can now help further support the organization, its participants and volunteers – recognizing that little by little, we can join together to make a huge difference in the lives of so many kids.”
As part of this commitment, Wells Fargo’s national Succeeding Together program will continue to celebrate the huge impact The First Tee has on young people across the country by offering opportunities for participants to meet and engage with PGA TOUR professionals. Through these interactions, participants gain a new perspective on how the life lessons they learn from The First Tee can help them succeed in the future.
“The First Tee is providing young people the opportunity to learn life skills and build character to help them be successful in school and in life,” said Joe Louis Barrow, Jr., chief executive officer of The First Tee. “Wells Fargo’s support as a Trustee will help us advance our mission and positively impact more young people.”
The First Tee Trustees represent individuals, corporations and foundations that donate gifts of $1 million or more. Wells Fargo’s gift of $1 million will allow The First Tee to invest in ongoing research to understand and enrich its programs, as well as to provide training for coaches and physical education teachers across the country.
- WATCH: Justin Thomas returns to Louisville to host junior championship 04/22/2017
- College of the Ozarks dedicates The Missouri Gold Star Families Memorial 04/22/2017
- VIDEO: Josh Broadaway sponsors storm benefit concert 04/22/2017
- Carriker's passion for golf in San Antonio shines at Valero Texas Open 04/20/2017
- Bryson DeChambeau teams with National Kidney Foundation Golf Classic 03/30/2017
- VIDEO: Brad Faxon visits Keesler Air Force Base 03/30/2017
- Jay Don Blake shares love of golf, reading with preschool children in Mississippi 03/29/2017
- MD Anderson to provide free skin cancer screenings at Shell Houston Open 03/29/2017
- PGA TOUR wives golf with cancer patients in downtown Houston 03/29/2017
- FedEx, JA Worldwide tee up inaugural FedEx Junior Business Challenge 03/27/2017