THE PLAYERS to host “Pink Out” on Mother’s Day
May 2, 2014
By PGA TOUR Staff
PONTE VEDRA BEACH, Fla.- In honor of Mother’s Day, which falls on the final round of THE PLAYERS (Sunday, May 11), the event will once again stage a “PINK OUT” on Championship Sunday in celebration of mothers and in support of 26.2 with DONNA’s breast cancer marathon for research and care.
In conjunction with Sunday’s “PINK OUT,” players, caddies, sponsors, volunteers and fans are encouraged to wear pink to TPC Sawgrass in support of 26.2 with DONNA, a local charitable organization that raises funds for ground-breaking breast cancer research at Mayo Clinic and women living with breast cancer. 26.2 with DONNA is also the event’s “Charity of the Day.” For every fan in attendance on Championship Sunday, THE PLAYERS will make a donation to 26.2 with DONNA. In 2013, 26.2 with DONNA earned a donation of $20,000 on Championship Sunday, part of more than $212,917 that was generated thanks to the organization’s partnership with THE PLAYERS.
THE PLAYERS will carry out the “PINK OUT” theme in the following ways:
- Mothers in attendance will receive a commemorative Mother’s Day pin.
- The first 5,000 fans through the gates will receive commemorative pink hats that feature THE PLAYERS and Golf Channel logos.
- THE PLAYERS 5K with DONNA 5K participants (in their pink shirts) can gain access to the “26.2 with DONNA Courtyard.”
- The Sawgrass Splash, THE PLAYERS signature cocktail, will be pink on Sunday.
- Golf balls used at the PwC’s First Tee Challenge in the Stadium Village will be pink.
- There will be additional pink floral displays around TPC Sawgrass, most notably on Tree Island (in the lake at No. 17).
- Pink “THE PLAYERS” flag at Four Points.
- A Mother’s Day photo booth inside Stadium Village will allow moms and their families to take a photo with the trophy and share on their Facebook pages.
Fans can spend the entire day celebrating with mom, even before final-round competition begins. A non-denominational church service will take place on the Presentation Lawn (7-8 a.m.), and TPC Sawgrass will offer breakfast (8-10:30 a.m.) and brunch (11 a.m.-2:30 p.m.) in “Nineteen” on Mother’s Day.*
For more information, please visit pgatour.com/theplayers.
*Fans who have reservations for breakfast or brunch must have a clubhouse ticket to access “Nineteen.”
- Waste Management Phoenix Open donates $50K to local food bank 11/26/2014
- Frys.com Open awards $1 million to charity 11/26/2014
- Making a Difference: Golf’s Charitable Impact 11/25/2014
- THE PLAYERS Giving Back Month concludes with Red Coat Ride Out at Police Athletic League 11/24/2014
- Champions Tour official honored for his commitment to military charities 11/24/2014
- The Hole in the Wall Gang Camp named PGA TOUR Charity of the Year 11/21/2014
- Jim Hunt named 2014 PGA TOUR Volunteer of the Year for service to the Crowne Plaza Invitational at Colonial 11/21/2014
- BMW Charity Pro-Am presented by SYNNEX announces 2015 charity partners 11/19/2014
- Billy Horschel visits Feeding Northeast Florida during THE PLAYERS' giving back month 11/19/2014
- WinCo Foods Portland Open delivers $725,000 to Oregon charities 11/18/2014