THE PLAYERS to host “Pink Out” on Mother’s Day
May 2, 2014
By PGA TOUR Staff
PONTE VEDRA BEACH, Fla.- In honor of Mother’s Day, which falls on the final round of THE PLAYERS (Sunday, May 11), the event will once again stage a “PINK OUT” on Championship Sunday in celebration of mothers and in support of 26.2 with DONNA’s breast cancer marathon for research and care.
In conjunction with Sunday’s “PINK OUT,” players, caddies, sponsors, volunteers and fans are encouraged to wear pink to TPC Sawgrass in support of 26.2 with DONNA, a local charitable organization that raises funds for ground-breaking breast cancer research at Mayo Clinic and women living with breast cancer. 26.2 with DONNA is also the event’s “Charity of the Day.” For every fan in attendance on Championship Sunday, THE PLAYERS will make a donation to 26.2 with DONNA. In 2013, 26.2 with DONNA earned a donation of $20,000 on Championship Sunday, part of more than $212,917 that was generated thanks to the organization’s partnership with THE PLAYERS.
THE PLAYERS will carry out the “PINK OUT” theme in the following ways:
- Mothers in attendance will receive a commemorative Mother’s Day pin.
- The first 5,000 fans through the gates will receive commemorative pink hats that feature THE PLAYERS and Golf Channel logos.
- THE PLAYERS 5K with DONNA 5K participants (in their pink shirts) can gain access to the “26.2 with DONNA Courtyard.”
- The Sawgrass Splash, THE PLAYERS signature cocktail, will be pink on Sunday.
- Golf balls used at the PwC’s First Tee Challenge in the Stadium Village will be pink.
- There will be additional pink floral displays around TPC Sawgrass, most notably on Tree Island (in the lake at No. 17).
- Pink “THE PLAYERS” flag at Four Points.
- A Mother’s Day photo booth inside Stadium Village will allow moms and their families to take a photo with the trophy and share on their Facebook pages.
Fans can spend the entire day celebrating with mom, even before final-round competition begins. A non-denominational church service will take place on the Presentation Lawn (7-8 a.m.), and TPC Sawgrass will offer breakfast (8-10:30 a.m.) and brunch (11 a.m.-2:30 p.m.) in “Nineteen” on Mother’s Day.*
For more information, please visit pgatour.com/theplayers.
*Fans who have reservations for breakfast or brunch must have a clubhouse ticket to access “Nineteen.”
- PHOTOS: Furyk wins $10K for foundation during Jacksonville Jaguars promotion 12/19/2014
- J.B. Holmes to appear in Chiari Malformation awareness comic book 12/18/2014
- WGC-Cadillac Championship names United Way of Miami-Dade as official charity 12/18/2014
- 2014 Brian Gay Invitational nets $805k for Orlando children's hospital 12/18/2014
- Greater Gwinnett Championship names 2015 charity recipients 12/17/2014
- Quicken Loans helps Birdies for the Brave expand access to military tickets 12/16/2014
- DICK'S Sporting Goods Open announces $1.1M raised for charity in 2014 12/15/2014
- Furyk Foundation hosts third annual 'Hope for the Holidays' 12/12/2014
- Rotary Club of Kona receives $57,500 donation from Mitsubishi Electric Championship at Hualalai 12/11/2014
- Crowne Plaza Invitational at Colonial announces $9M raised for charity in 2014 12/10/2014