Seventh annual Stater Bros. Charities Dave Stockton Heroes Challenge tees off March 10
March 7, 2014
RIVERSIDE, Calif.- Since the beginning seven years ago, the Stater Bros. Charities Dave Stockton Heroes Challenge has raised over $3 million for Southern California charities and has become the largest charity golf event in the region. This year’s tournament will be held once again at the area’s premier Victoria Club Golf Course in Riverside, California on Monday, March 10, 2014.
In 2008, Stater Bros. Markets’ Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Jack H. Brown, partnered with long-time friend and PGA Champions Tour Pro Dave Stockton to launch a vision that has helped countless charities, causes and community members. This year’s “Heroes Challenge” will bring together six (6) Medal of Honor Recipients and seventeen (17) of local legend Dave Stockton’s PGA Tour friends.
One of the highlights of this year’s tournament is the return of PGA golfer Lee Trevino, a PGA and Champions Tour veteran who since 1968 has claimed 29 PGA Tour Victories including the 1968 and 1971 U.S. Open Championship, the 1971 and 1972 British Open, and 1974 and 1984 PGA Championships. Trevino has also won 29 Champions Tour Victories including the 1990 U.S. Senior Open, the 1992 and 1994 PGA Seniors’ Championships and the 1992 Tradition.
New to the tournament this year is 2008 RE/MAX World Long Drive Champion, Sr. Division Dan Boever, who is known for entertaining the crowd with his trick shots. Other golf notables will include Olin Browne, Hall-of-Fame Golfer Donna Caponi-Byrnes, Morgan Pressel, Scott Simpson, D.A. Weibring, and Mark Wiebe.
Both Brown and Stockton were born and raised in San Bernardino, California and have been proud residents of the Inland Empire for most of their lives. Because of their close ties to the community, Brown and Stockton feel a great desire to give back to the Inland Empire.
For more information, please visit http://www.heroeschallenge.org/.
- Alicia Malnati and Sport for Community 05/26/2016
- Birdies for the Brave teams with Callaway Golf to honor wounded heroes during DEAN & DELUCA Invitational 05/26/2016
- Texas native Ryan Palmer gets kids into the swing of things at DEAN & DELUCA Invitational 05/23/2016
- Ryan Palmer Foundation comes to DFW as Brighter Smiles Initiative 05/20/2016
- Contest winner donates $10,000 prize to United Cerebral Palsy of the Inland Empire 05/18/2016
- Constellation names Philadelphia charities to receive donations as part of 2016 SENIOR PLAYERS Championship 05/18/2016
- Joint Effort in Fort McMurray Wildfire Relief 05/18/2016
- Spieth inspires during clinic for special needs children at THE PLAYERS 05/14/2016
- David Hearn Foundation Wine Label donates to Alzheimer's Society of Canada 05/12/2016
- PGA TOUR Wives, Everbank team up for Community PedsCare event at THE PLAYERS 05/11/2016