Seventh annual Stater Bros. Charities Dave Stockton Heroes Challenge tees off March 10
March 7, 2014
RIVERSIDE, Calif.- Since the beginning seven years ago, the Stater Bros. Charities Dave Stockton Heroes Challenge has raised over $3 million for Southern California charities and has become the largest charity golf event in the region. This year’s tournament will be held once again at the area’s premier Victoria Club Golf Course in Riverside, California on Monday, March 10, 2014.
In 2008, Stater Bros. Markets’ Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Jack H. Brown, partnered with long-time friend and PGA Champions Tour Pro Dave Stockton to launch a vision that has helped countless charities, causes and community members. This year’s “Heroes Challenge” will bring together six (6) Medal of Honor Recipients and seventeen (17) of local legend Dave Stockton’s PGA Tour friends.
One of the highlights of this year’s tournament is the return of PGA golfer Lee Trevino, a PGA and Champions Tour veteran who since 1968 has claimed 29 PGA Tour Victories including the 1968 and 1971 U.S. Open Championship, the 1971 and 1972 British Open, and 1974 and 1984 PGA Championships. Trevino has also won 29 Champions Tour Victories including the 1990 U.S. Senior Open, the 1992 and 1994 PGA Seniors’ Championships and the 1992 Tradition.
New to the tournament this year is 2008 RE/MAX World Long Drive Champion, Sr. Division Dan Boever, who is known for entertaining the crowd with his trick shots. Other golf notables will include Olin Browne, Hall-of-Fame Golfer Donna Caponi-Byrnes, Morgan Pressel, Scott Simpson, D.A. Weibring, and Mark Wiebe.
Both Brown and Stockton were born and raised in San Bernardino, California and have been proud residents of the Inland Empire for most of their lives. Because of their close ties to the community, Brown and Stockton feel a great desire to give back to the Inland Empire.
For more information, please visit http://www.heroeschallenge.org/.
- Shaw Charity Classic teams with AltaLink for 2015 Birdies for Kids fundraising program 05/26/2015
- Four Purple Heart recipients awarded mortgage-free homes during the 2015 Crowne Plaza Invitational at Colonial 05/23/2015
- Lowcountry Foundation for Wounded Military Heroes raises funds for Birdies for the Brave homefront groups 05/19/2015
- Doyle Glass, Leigh Colpack named Regions Tradition Volunteers of the Year 05/18/2015
- Join the Crowne Plaza Invitational At Colonial's "Always On Charity Challenge" 05/18/2015
- Inaugural Lincoln Awards: A Concert for Veterans & the Military Family airs on PBS May 22 05/15/2015
- Big Break: Warrior Edition honors military veterans with television-inspired golf skills competition 05/14/2015
- CBS To Air "PGA REACH: Impacting Lives Through Golf" Special May 16 05/14/2015
- Wells Fargo Championship teams with Callaway Golf, Birdies for the Brave to honor two Purple Heart recipients 05/14/2015
- PHOTO: Web.com Tour Wives collect donated items for New Foundations Home for Children 05/14/2015