Seventh annual Stater Bros. Charities Dave Stockton Heroes Challenge tees off March 10
March 7, 2014
RIVERSIDE, Calif.- Since the beginning seven years ago, the Stater Bros. Charities Dave Stockton Heroes Challenge has raised over $3 million for Southern California charities and has become the largest charity golf event in the region. This year’s tournament will be held once again at the area’s premier Victoria Club Golf Course in Riverside, California on Monday, March 10, 2014.
In 2008, Stater Bros. Markets’ Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Jack H. Brown, partnered with long-time friend and PGA Champions Tour Pro Dave Stockton to launch a vision that has helped countless charities, causes and community members. This year’s “Heroes Challenge” will bring together six (6) Medal of Honor Recipients and seventeen (17) of local legend Dave Stockton’s PGA Tour friends.
One of the highlights of this year’s tournament is the return of PGA golfer Lee Trevino, a PGA and Champions Tour veteran who since 1968 has claimed 29 PGA Tour Victories including the 1968 and 1971 U.S. Open Championship, the 1971 and 1972 British Open, and 1974 and 1984 PGA Championships. Trevino has also won 29 Champions Tour Victories including the 1990 U.S. Senior Open, the 1992 and 1994 PGA Seniors’ Championships and the 1992 Tradition.
New to the tournament this year is 2008 RE/MAX World Long Drive Champion, Sr. Division Dan Boever, who is known for entertaining the crowd with his trick shots. Other golf notables will include Olin Browne, Hall-of-Fame Golfer Donna Caponi-Byrnes, Morgan Pressel, Scott Simpson, D.A. Weibring, and Mark Wiebe.
Both Brown and Stockton were born and raised in San Bernardino, California and have been proud residents of the Inland Empire for most of their lives. Because of their close ties to the community, Brown and Stockton feel a great desire to give back to the Inland Empire.
For more information, please visit http://www.heroeschallenge.org/.
- CareerBuilder Challenge hosts 'Find Your Calling' 01/21/2017
- PGA TOUR joins AJGA as Official Partner 01/13/2017
- Tiger Woods Foundation, Discovery Education partner to offer digital education resources 01/10/2017
- Puerto Rico Open strengthens ties to Ricky Martin Foundation and its allies at Centro Tau 12/28/2016
- CVS Health Charity Classic reaches $20 million in philanthropic support to Southeastern New England charities 12/23/2016
- PGA TOUR Volunteer Challenge presented by Myrbetriq donation leads to Boys and Girls Club program development 12/22/2016
- PGA TOUR Volunteer Challenge continues to support charitable mission 12/19/2016
- BMW Championship raises $2.8 million for Evans Scholars Foundation in 2016 12/16/2016
- WinCo Foods Portland Open announces $1.25 million raised for charity in 2016 12/15/2016
- DAP Championship makes $223,000 charitable donation to The LeBron James Family Foundation 12/13/2016