PHOTOS: Chile Classic's DEBRA Foundation dinner
March 7, 2014
(photo credit: Maria Pia Melero)
SANTIAGO, Chile- During this week's Chile Classic, nearly a dozen Web.com Tour players participated in a dinner honoring the DEBRA Foundation Chile, an international medical research organization dedicated to the curing of the genetic skin blistering condition Epidermolysis Bullosa (EB).
As one of the Chile Classic's main beneficiaries, the DEBRA Foundation Chile will receive half of all money raised by ticket sales as well as funds raised at the tournament's wine gala.
EB is a group of genetic disorders that result in fragility of the skin and, in some cases, other internal membranes and organs. Blisters, open wounds and sores form as a result of the slightest touch, rub or trauma.
- VIDEO: Jacksonville Jaguars mascot wins THE PLAYERS 17th hole charity challenge in costume 04/16/2015
- RBC Heritage teams with Callaway Golf, Birdies for the Brave to honor Lowcountry wounded war heroes 04/15/2015
- VIDEO: Ben Crane teaches golf skills to Special Olympics athletes during RBC Heritage 04/15/2015
- VIDEO: Jeff Maggert's $5,000 shot for charity 04/14/2015
- Brad Faxon receives 2015 Ouimet Award 04/14/2015
- VIDEO: Padraig Harrington on Ireland's Lollipop Day and the fight against oesophageal cancer 04/14/2015
- Ernie Els partners with BirdieBox to introduce Els for Autism Box 04/14/2015
- Spend a day one-one-one and support charity with reigning U.S. Open champ Martin Kaymer at the 2015 Wells Fargo Championship 04/14/2015
- VIDEO: Jordan Spieth draws inspiration from his sister Ellie 04/14/2015
- VIDEO: Els for Autism update 04/14/2015