PHOTOS: Chile Classic's DEBRA Foundation dinner
March 7, 2014
(photo credit: Maria Pia Melero)
SANTIAGO, Chile- During this week's Chile Classic, nearly a dozen Web.com Tour players participated in a dinner honoring the DEBRA Foundation Chile, an international medical research organization dedicated to the curing of the genetic skin blistering condition Epidermolysis Bullosa (EB).
As one of the Chile Classic's main beneficiaries, the DEBRA Foundation Chile will receive half of all money raised by ticket sales as well as funds raised at the tournament's wine gala.
EB is a group of genetic disorders that result in fragility of the skin and, in some cases, other internal membranes and organs. Blisters, open wounds and sores form as a result of the slightest touch, rub or trauma.
- VIDEO: Military homecoming at the Bridgestone Invitational 07/15/2016
- Danny Lee's birdie campaign nets $30,000 for West Virginia flood relief 07/14/2016
- United Rentals teams with Birdies for the Brave to honor and empower military families during PGA TOUR tournaments in 2016 07/13/2016
- Web.com Tour’s Ellie Mae Classic at TPC Stonebrae to feature Habitat for Humanity playhouse build 07/13/2016
- Help military families by playing in the World’s Largest Golf Outing 07/12/2016
- Honda Classic distributes over $3 million to charities in 2016 07/12/2016
- Meet Ashok Babu Kolla, 2016 Bridgestone Invitational winner of the PGA TOUR Volunteer Challenge 07/12/2016
- PGA TOUR players band together in support of Chalmer's autism foundation 07/06/2016
- Danny Lee pledges to support West Virginia recovery efforts by donating to Neighbors Loving Neighbors 07/06/2016
- EZLinks Golf LLC launches TeeOff.com by PGA TOUR online booking fundraising program to benefit Birdies for the Brave 07/02/2016