PHOTOS: Chile Classic's DEBRA Foundation dinner
March 7, 2014
(photo credit: Maria Pia Melero)
SANTIAGO, Chile- During this week's Chile Classic, nearly a dozen Web.com Tour players participated in a dinner honoring the DEBRA Foundation Chile, an international medical research organization dedicated to the curing of the genetic skin blistering condition Epidermolysis Bullosa (EB).
As one of the Chile Classic's main beneficiaries, the DEBRA Foundation Chile will receive half of all money raised by ticket sales as well as funds raised at the tournament's wine gala.
EB is a group of genetic disorders that result in fragility of the skin and, in some cases, other internal membranes and organs. Blisters, open wounds and sores form as a result of the slightest touch, rub or trauma.
- Deutsche Bank Championship hosts sixth annual 'Healthy Packs' event 08/28/2014
- Morgan Hoffmann walks his way to top-10 finish, raises additional $7.5K for charity 08/28/2014
- The First Tee of Massachusetts expands with help of matching grant 08/28/2014
- Justin Leonard finds a charity to come first before golf 08/28/2014
- Team International wins 2014 Notah Begay III Foundation Challenge 08/28/2014
- Third annual Keegan Bradley Charity Classic benefits cancer, opiate addiction research 08/26/2014
- The Principal Charity Classic generates $1.3 million for charity in 2014 08/26/2014
- PGA TOUR Wives host murder mystery event benefitting New Jersey children in need 08/22/2014
- Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield teams with Morgan Hoffmann on The Barclays walking challenge 08/21/2014
- Greater Gwinnett Championship distributes over $170,000 to local charities 08/21/2014