PHOTOS: Chile Classic's DEBRA Foundation dinner
March 7, 2014
(photo credit: Maria Pia Melero)
SANTIAGO, Chile- During this week's Chile Classic, nearly a dozen Web.com Tour players participated in a dinner honoring the DEBRA Foundation Chile, an international medical research organization dedicated to the curing of the genetic skin blistering condition Epidermolysis Bullosa (EB).
As one of the Chile Classic's main beneficiaries, the DEBRA Foundation Chile will receive half of all money raised by ticket sales as well as funds raised at the tournament's wine gala.
EB is a group of genetic disorders that result in fragility of the skin and, in some cases, other internal membranes and organs. Blisters, open wounds and sores form as a result of the slightest touch, rub or trauma.
- Interfaith of The Woodlands named PGA TOUR Champions Charity of the Year 02/21/2017
- Jacobsen honored with GWAA's Charlie Bartlett award 02/17/2017
- 2016 RSM Classic raises more than $2.2 million for charity 02/17/2017
- Sebastian Velona inspires with 'healing hugs' at the Genesis Open 02/16/2017
- Meet the 2017 Farmers Insurance Open winner of the PGA TOUR Volunteer Challenge 02/15/2017
- Waste Management Phoenix Open 'Green Out' raises $100K for nonprofit environmental organizations 02/07/2017
- Patrick Reed AJGA Junior Championship honored with three awards 02/06/2017
- Marc and Audrey Leishman committed to raising sepsis awareness 02/06/2017
- Jimmy Walker Challenge earns AJGA's 2016 Newcomer Award 02/03/2017
- CDW launches “Tech Fore!” charitable giving program 02/02/2017