Hotel Fitness Championship pro-ams to benefit Mad Anthonys, Evans Scholars Foundation
March 13, 2014
FORT WAYNE, Ind– The Western Golf Association and Mad Anthonys are teaming up for both the Monday and Wednesday Pro-Ams during the 2014 Hotel Fitness Championship (Aug. 25-31). The Mad Anthonys Pro-Ams at the Hotel Fitness Championship will be played on Aug. 25 and 27 at Fort Wayne’s Sycamore Hills Golf Club.
Amateur players in the charitable tournaments will team up with professional golfers from the Web.com Tour Finals event to benefit the Mad Anthonys Children’s Hope House, which provides temporary lodging for families with a hospitalized child receiving critical care at any Fort Wayne community hospital, and the Evans Scholars Foundation, which provides full housing and tuition scholarships to deserving caddies across the country.
“We’re excited to extend our relationship with Mad Anthonys and offer two Pro-Am events during tournament week that will benefit important local causes,” said Duke Butler IV, tournament director, on behalf of the WGA. “Mad Anthonys was a great partner in our inaugural year, and we look forward to even better things to come in 2014.”
The Mad Anthonys golf tournament has a rich tradition in Northeast Indiana dating back to 1957. The annual Red Coat Dinner will officially kick-off the event on Aug. 26.
“Being a part of the Hotel Fitness Championship is a continuation of our long-standing tradition of providing a premier Pro-Am charity golf event while increasing support of the Mad Anthonys Children’s Hope House and other important causes for children in our region,” said Don Banowetz, board president of the Mad Anthonys Foundation. “We’re happy to continue our organization’s distinguished tradition of service to the Fort Wayne community.”
For more information about the Hotel Fitness Championship, visit hotelfitnesschampionship.com.
- Alicia Malnati and Sport for Community 05/26/2016
- Birdies for the Brave teams with Callaway Golf to honor wounded heroes during DEAN & DELUCA Invitational 05/26/2016
- Texas native Ryan Palmer gets kids into the swing of things at DEAN & DELUCA Invitational 05/23/2016
- Ryan Palmer Foundation comes to DFW as Brighter Smiles Initiative 05/20/2016
- Contest winner donates $10,000 prize to United Cerebral Palsy of the Inland Empire 05/18/2016
- Constellation names Philadelphia charities to receive donations as part of 2016 SENIOR PLAYERS Championship 05/18/2016
- Joint Effort in Fort McMurray Wildfire Relief 05/18/2016
- Spieth inspires during clinic for special needs children at THE PLAYERS 05/14/2016
- David Hearn Foundation Wine Label donates to Alzheimer's Society of Canada 05/12/2016
- PGA TOUR Wives, Everbank team up for Community PedsCare event at THE PLAYERS 05/11/2016