Hotel Fitness Championship pro-ams to benefit Mad Anthonys, Evans Scholars Foundation
March 13, 2014
FORT WAYNE, Ind– The Western Golf Association and Mad Anthonys are teaming up for both the Monday and Wednesday Pro-Ams during the 2014 Hotel Fitness Championship (Aug. 25-31). The Mad Anthonys Pro-Ams at the Hotel Fitness Championship will be played on Aug. 25 and 27 at Fort Wayne’s Sycamore Hills Golf Club.
Amateur players in the charitable tournaments will team up with professional golfers from the Web.com Tour Finals event to benefit the Mad Anthonys Children’s Hope House, which provides temporary lodging for families with a hospitalized child receiving critical care at any Fort Wayne community hospital, and the Evans Scholars Foundation, which provides full housing and tuition scholarships to deserving caddies across the country.
“We’re excited to extend our relationship with Mad Anthonys and offer two Pro-Am events during tournament week that will benefit important local causes,” said Duke Butler IV, tournament director, on behalf of the WGA. “Mad Anthonys was a great partner in our inaugural year, and we look forward to even better things to come in 2014.”
The Mad Anthonys golf tournament has a rich tradition in Northeast Indiana dating back to 1957. The annual Red Coat Dinner will officially kick-off the event on Aug. 26.
“Being a part of the Hotel Fitness Championship is a continuation of our long-standing tradition of providing a premier Pro-Am charity golf event while increasing support of the Mad Anthonys Children’s Hope House and other important causes for children in our region,” said Don Banowetz, board president of the Mad Anthonys Foundation. “We’re happy to continue our organization’s distinguished tradition of service to the Fort Wayne community.”
For more information about the Hotel Fitness Championship, visit hotelfitnesschampionship.com.
- PHOTOS: Furyk wins $10K for foundation during Jacksonville Jaguars promotion 12/19/2014
- J.B. Holmes to appear in Chiari Malformation awareness comic book 12/18/2014
- WGC-Cadillac Championship names United Way of Miami-Dade as official charity 12/18/2014
- 2014 Brian Gay Invitational nets $805k for Orlando children's hospital 12/18/2014
- Greater Gwinnett Championship names 2015 charity recipients 12/17/2014
- Quicken Loans helps Birdies for the Brave expand access to military tickets 12/16/2014
- DICK'S Sporting Goods Open announces $1.1M raised for charity in 2014 12/15/2014
- Furyk Foundation hosts third annual 'Hope for the Holidays' 12/12/2014
- Rotary Club of Kona receives $57,500 donation from Mitsubishi Electric Championship at Hualalai 12/11/2014
- Crowne Plaza Invitational at Colonial announces $9M raised for charity in 2014 12/10/2014