Hotel Fitness Championship pro-ams to benefit Mad Anthonys, Evans Scholars Foundation
March 13, 2014
FORT WAYNE, Ind– The Western Golf Association and Mad Anthonys are teaming up for both the Monday and Wednesday Pro-Ams during the 2014 Hotel Fitness Championship (Aug. 25-31). The Mad Anthonys Pro-Ams at the Hotel Fitness Championship will be played on Aug. 25 and 27 at Fort Wayne’s Sycamore Hills Golf Club.
Amateur players in the charitable tournaments will team up with professional golfers from the Web.com Tour Finals event to benefit the Mad Anthonys Children’s Hope House, which provides temporary lodging for families with a hospitalized child receiving critical care at any Fort Wayne community hospital, and the Evans Scholars Foundation, which provides full housing and tuition scholarships to deserving caddies across the country.
“We’re excited to extend our relationship with Mad Anthonys and offer two Pro-Am events during tournament week that will benefit important local causes,” said Duke Butler IV, tournament director, on behalf of the WGA. “Mad Anthonys was a great partner in our inaugural year, and we look forward to even better things to come in 2014.”
The Mad Anthonys golf tournament has a rich tradition in Northeast Indiana dating back to 1957. The annual Red Coat Dinner will officially kick-off the event on Aug. 26.
“Being a part of the Hotel Fitness Championship is a continuation of our long-standing tradition of providing a premier Pro-Am charity golf event while increasing support of the Mad Anthonys Children’s Hope House and other important causes for children in our region,” said Don Banowetz, board president of the Mad Anthonys Foundation. “We’re happy to continue our organization’s distinguished tradition of service to the Fort Wayne community.”
For more information about the Hotel Fitness Championship, visit hotelfitnesschampionship.com.
- PING unveils limited edition pink driver benefiting Bubba Watson's foundation 08/25/2016
- 2016 AT&T Byron Nelson raises $5.8 million for Momentous Institute 08/25/2016
- Bubba Watson and caddie Ted Scott pledge support to Louisiana flood relief efforts 08/24/2016
- Glenmorangie teams up with Birdies for the Brave to raise funds for military families, wounded heroes during three PGA TOUR events 08/24/2016
- Charity leads the way for inaugural GolfBC Championship 08/18/2016
- VIDEO: A legacy of giving back at the Price Cutter Charity Championship 08/17/2016
- Meet Gianna 'One-Handed Lady Golfer' Rojas, volunteer at The Barclays 08/16/2016
- Ken Duke's dream for others reaches fruition with practice facility 08/11/2016
- Travelers donates $58,000 to Jim Furyk's charity of choice after record-setting 58 08/10/2016
- Jim Furyk named 2016 Payne Stewart Award recipient 08/09/2016