Greater Gwinnett Championship to provide free military admission
March 7, 2014
DULUTH, GA – The Greater Gwinnett Championship Presented by Mitsubishi Electric Cooling & Heating, metro Atlanta’s Champions Tour event set for April 14-20, 2014 at TPC Sugarloaf in Duluth, will extend a warm welcome to our nation’s military members and their families through a variety of military outreach and appreciation activities during the week.
In partnership with Birdies for the Brave, a military outreach initiative proudly supported by the TOUR, the tournament will provide complimentary tournament admission for all active duty, National Guard, reserve and retirees, and their dependents with a valid Department of Defense-issued ID presented at the gate along with a military ticket voucher. Non-retired veterans may also purchase two Any One Day Passes per day at a discounted price of $10 each.
Military tickets can be obtained by registering on the Greater Gwinnett Championship military verification site. Military vouchers can then be downloaded to present at the gate in exchange for a tournament ticket. Complimentary and discounted military tickets will be subject to a $1 verification fee for each ticket downloaded.
Other Birdies for the Brave activities will include the opportunity for active duty military members to serve as caddies for Champions Tour players during the State Bank Pro-Am on Wednesday and military pageantry featuring an honor guard and uniformed military personnel tending the flag on the 18th hole on Sunday.
“We are indebted to our courageous military members for everything they do to keep America safe and free, and are delighted to work in partnership with Birdies for the Brave to show these American heroes and their families how much their service and sacrifices are appreciated,” said Greater Gwinnett Championship Executive Director Stan Hall.
- PING unveils limited edition pink driver benefiting Bubba Watson's foundation 08/25/2016
- 2016 AT&T Byron Nelson raises $5.8 million for Momentous Institute 08/25/2016
- Bubba Watson and caddie Ted Scott pledge support to Louisiana flood relief efforts 08/24/2016
- Glenmorangie teams up with Birdies for the Brave to raise funds for military families, wounded heroes during three PGA TOUR events 08/24/2016
- Charity leads the way for inaugural GolfBC Championship 08/18/2016
- VIDEO: A legacy of giving back at the Price Cutter Charity Championship 08/17/2016
- Meet Gianna 'One-Handed Lady Golfer' Rojas, volunteer at The Barclays 08/16/2016
- Ken Duke's dream for others reaches fruition with practice facility 08/11/2016
- Travelers donates $58,000 to Jim Furyk's charity of choice after record-setting 58 08/10/2016
- Jim Furyk named 2016 Payne Stewart Award recipient 08/09/2016