Greater Gwinnett Championship to provide free military admission
March 7, 2014
DULUTH, GA – The Greater Gwinnett Championship Presented by Mitsubishi Electric Cooling & Heating, metro Atlanta’s Champions Tour event set for April 14-20, 2014 at TPC Sugarloaf in Duluth, will extend a warm welcome to our nation’s military members and their families through a variety of military outreach and appreciation activities during the week.
In partnership with Birdies for the Brave, a military outreach initiative proudly supported by the TOUR, the tournament will provide complimentary tournament admission for all active duty, National Guard, reserve and retirees, and their dependents with a valid Department of Defense-issued ID presented at the gate along with a military ticket voucher. Non-retired veterans may also purchase two Any One Day Passes per day at a discounted price of $10 each.
Military tickets can be obtained by registering on the Greater Gwinnett Championship military verification site. Military vouchers can then be downloaded to present at the gate in exchange for a tournament ticket. Complimentary and discounted military tickets will be subject to a $1 verification fee for each ticket downloaded.
Other Birdies for the Brave activities will include the opportunity for active duty military members to serve as caddies for Champions Tour players during the State Bank Pro-Am on Wednesday and military pageantry featuring an honor guard and uniformed military personnel tending the flag on the 18th hole on Sunday.
“We are indebted to our courageous military members for everything they do to keep America safe and free, and are delighted to work in partnership with Birdies for the Brave to show these American heroes and their families how much their service and sacrifices are appreciated,” said Greater Gwinnett Championship Executive Director Stan Hall.
- PHOTOS: PGA TOUR Wives art party, plane dedication event at FedEx St. Jude Classic 06/09/2016
- Constellation joining forces with Fiorenza’s Food for Friends to fight hunger through 2016 Constellation SENIOR PLAYERS Championship 06/08/2016
- PHOTOS: PGA TOUR players bring day of fun to St. Jude Children's Research Hospital 06/08/2016
- 2016 Sony Open in Hawaii raises $1 million for local charities 06/07/2016
- PGA TOUR players take First Tee of Memphis participants inside the ropes at the FedEx St. Jude Classic 06/07/2016
- PHOTO: Meet the winner of the 2016 DEAN & DELUCA Invitational volunteer challenge 06/06/2016
- Enduring Hearts and Erik Compton Foundation Join Forces for Charity Golf Outing 06/06/2016
- 2016 Valspar Championship presented by BB&T announces increased charitable contributions 06/06/2016
- Jason, Ellie Day's Brighter Days Foundation to host second annual fundraiser 06/06/2016
- Alicia Malnati and Sport for Community 05/26/2016