Greater Gwinnett Championship to provide free military admission
March 7, 2014
DULUTH, GA – The Greater Gwinnett Championship Presented by Mitsubishi Electric Cooling & Heating, metro Atlanta’s Champions Tour event set for April 14-20, 2014 at TPC Sugarloaf in Duluth, will extend a warm welcome to our nation’s military members and their families through a variety of military outreach and appreciation activities during the week.
In partnership with Birdies for the Brave, a military outreach initiative proudly supported by the TOUR, the tournament will provide complimentary tournament admission for all active duty, National Guard, reserve and retirees, and their dependents with a valid Department of Defense-issued ID presented at the gate along with a military ticket voucher. Non-retired veterans may also purchase two Any One Day Passes per day at a discounted price of $10 each.
Military tickets can be obtained by registering on the Greater Gwinnett Championship military verification site. Military vouchers can then be downloaded to present at the gate in exchange for a tournament ticket. Complimentary and discounted military tickets will be subject to a $1 verification fee for each ticket downloaded.
Other Birdies for the Brave activities will include the opportunity for active duty military members to serve as caddies for Champions Tour players during the State Bank Pro-Am on Wednesday and military pageantry featuring an honor guard and uniformed military personnel tending the flag on the 18th hole on Sunday.
“We are indebted to our courageous military members for everything they do to keep America safe and free, and are delighted to work in partnership with Birdies for the Brave to show these American heroes and their families how much their service and sacrifices are appreciated,” said Greater Gwinnett Championship Executive Director Stan Hall.
- Valero Texas Open, PGA TOUR Wives team up for Game Show Night 04/28/2016
- Houston Golf Association Junior Golf Program receives $10K donation from Shell Houston Open volunteer challenge 04/07/2016
- World Golf Hall of Fame member Lee Trevino honored at FedEx St. Jude Classic Champion’s Day 04/07/2016
- WATCH: The David Toms Foundation launching the future of our youth 04/06/2016
- Graeme McDowell to create once-in-a-lifetime caddie experience for wounded hero during the Masters 04/06/2016
- Longtime TOUR official Bradley brings fun with a purpose to hometown event 04/01/2016
- PGA TOUR Wives visit University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center 03/31/2016
- World Golf Championships-Bridgestone Invitational announces partnership with LeBron James Family Foundation 03/31/2016
- Marc Leishman launches charitable foundation 03/30/2016
- CareerBuilder Challenge volunteer John Hamaliuk donates $10,000 to Boys & Girls Club through PGA TOUR Volunteer Challenge 03/30/2016