Greater Gwinnett Championship to provide free military admission
March 7, 2014
DULUTH, GA – The Greater Gwinnett Championship Presented by Mitsubishi Electric Cooling & Heating, metro Atlanta’s Champions Tour event set for April 14-20, 2014 at TPC Sugarloaf in Duluth, will extend a warm welcome to our nation’s military members and their families through a variety of military outreach and appreciation activities during the week.
In partnership with Birdies for the Brave, a military outreach initiative proudly supported by the TOUR, the tournament will provide complimentary tournament admission for all active duty, National Guard, reserve and retirees, and their dependents with a valid Department of Defense-issued ID presented at the gate along with a military ticket voucher. Non-retired veterans may also purchase two Any One Day Passes per day at a discounted price of $10 each.
Military tickets can be obtained by registering on the Greater Gwinnett Championship military verification site. Military vouchers can then be downloaded to present at the gate in exchange for a tournament ticket. Complimentary and discounted military tickets will be subject to a $1 verification fee for each ticket downloaded.
Other Birdies for the Brave activities will include the opportunity for active duty military members to serve as caddies for Champions Tour players during the State Bank Pro-Am on Wednesday and military pageantry featuring an honor guard and uniformed military personnel tending the flag on the 18th hole on Sunday.
“We are indebted to our courageous military members for everything they do to keep America safe and free, and are delighted to work in partnership with Birdies for the Brave to show these American heroes and their families how much their service and sacrifices are appreciated,” said Greater Gwinnett Championship Executive Director Stan Hall.
- DeChambeau hosts junior clinic in advance of RBC Canadian Open at Glen Abbey 07/20/2016
- Getting to know one another keeps the world - and us - going around 07/20/2016
- VIDEO: Military homecoming at the Bridgestone Invitational 07/15/2016
- Danny Lee's birdie campaign nets $30,000 for West Virginia flood relief 07/14/2016
- Web.com Tour’s Ellie Mae Classic at TPC Stonebrae to feature Habitat for Humanity playhouse build 07/13/2016
- United Rentals teams with Birdies for the Brave to honor and empower military families during PGA TOUR tournaments in 2016 07/13/2016
- Honda Classic distributes over $3 million to charities in 2016 07/12/2016
- Help military families by playing in the World’s Largest Golf Outing 07/12/2016
- Meet Ashok Babu Kolla, 2016 Bridgestone Invitational winner of the PGA TOUR Volunteer Challenge 07/12/2016
- PGA TOUR players band together in support of Chalmer's autism foundation 07/06/2016