Greater Gwinnett Championship to provide free military admission
March 7, 2014
DULUTH, GA – The Greater Gwinnett Championship Presented by Mitsubishi Electric Cooling & Heating, metro Atlanta’s Champions Tour event set for April 14-20, 2014 at TPC Sugarloaf in Duluth, will extend a warm welcome to our nation’s military members and their families through a variety of military outreach and appreciation activities during the week.
In partnership with Birdies for the Brave, a military outreach initiative proudly supported by the TOUR, the tournament will provide complimentary tournament admission for all active duty, National Guard, reserve and retirees, and their dependents with a valid Department of Defense-issued ID presented at the gate along with a military ticket voucher. Non-retired veterans may also purchase two Any One Day Passes per day at a discounted price of $10 each.
Military tickets can be obtained by registering on the Greater Gwinnett Championship military verification site. Military vouchers can then be downloaded to present at the gate in exchange for a tournament ticket. Complimentary and discounted military tickets will be subject to a $1 verification fee for each ticket downloaded.
Other Birdies for the Brave activities will include the opportunity for active duty military members to serve as caddies for Champions Tour players during the State Bank Pro-Am on Wednesday and military pageantry featuring an honor guard and uniformed military personnel tending the flag on the 18th hole on Sunday.
“We are indebted to our courageous military members for everything they do to keep America safe and free, and are delighted to work in partnership with Birdies for the Brave to show these American heroes and their families how much their service and sacrifices are appreciated,” said Greater Gwinnett Championship Executive Director Stan Hall.
- The Hole in the Wall Gang Camp named PGA TOUR Charity of the Year 11/21/2014
- Jim Hunt named 2014 PGA TOUR Volunteer of the Year for service to the Crowne Plaza Invitational at Colonial 11/21/2014
- Billy Horschel visits Feeding Northeast Florida during THE PLAYERS' giving back month 11/19/2014
- BMW Charity Pro-Am presented by SYNNEX announces 2015 charity partners 11/19/2014
- WinCo Foods Portland Open delivers $725,000 to Oregon charities 11/18/2014
- VIDEO: Brandt Snedeker shoots for charity during Monday Night Football 11/18/2014
- Snedeker to take shot for charity during Titans-Steelers game on Monday night 11/14/2014
- Humana Challenge host organization donates $800k to Coachella Valley community 11/13/2014
- VIDEO: Nonprofits share more than $130,000 in United Leasing Championship donations 11/13/2014
- 2014 Waste Management Phoenix Open generates over $7M for local charities 11/13/2014