Greater Gwinnett Championship to provide free military admission
March 7, 2014
DULUTH, GA – The Greater Gwinnett Championship Presented by Mitsubishi Electric Cooling & Heating, metro Atlanta’s Champions Tour event set for April 14-20, 2014 at TPC Sugarloaf in Duluth, will extend a warm welcome to our nation’s military members and their families through a variety of military outreach and appreciation activities during the week.
In partnership with Birdies for the Brave, a military outreach initiative proudly supported by the TOUR, the tournament will provide complimentary tournament admission for all active duty, National Guard, reserve and retirees, and their dependents with a valid Department of Defense-issued ID presented at the gate along with a military ticket voucher. Non-retired veterans may also purchase two Any One Day Passes per day at a discounted price of $10 each.
Military tickets can be obtained by registering on the Greater Gwinnett Championship military verification site. Military vouchers can then be downloaded to present at the gate in exchange for a tournament ticket. Complimentary and discounted military tickets will be subject to a $1 verification fee for each ticket downloaded.
Other Birdies for the Brave activities will include the opportunity for active duty military members to serve as caddies for Champions Tour players during the State Bank Pro-Am on Wednesday and military pageantry featuring an honor guard and uniformed military personnel tending the flag on the 18th hole on Sunday.
“We are indebted to our courageous military members for everything they do to keep America safe and free, and are delighted to work in partnership with Birdies for the Brave to show these American heroes and their families how much their service and sacrifices are appreciated,” said Greater Gwinnett Championship Executive Director Stan Hall.
- Help injured veterans by joining the World’s Largest Golf Outing on August 3 07/30/2015
- Woods, Fowler take on 19th hole for charity at Quicken Loans National 07/29/2015
- Quicken Loans continues commitment to providing access to military tickets for PGA TOUR events 07/28/2015
- Wyndham Championship takes on childhood hunger in North Carolina's Piedmont Triad 07/24/2015
- Over $500K donated through #RBCGolf4Kids charity challenge 07/23/2015
- David Hearn launches foundation in support of the Alzheimer Society 07/23/2015
- Honda Classic sets charity record despite massive storm 07/23/2015
- Justin Rose named 2015 Spirit of Golf award recipient 07/20/2015
- Birdies for Charity helps kids in the Quad Cities 07/10/2015
- Jordan Spieth to participate in Caddy For A Cure during Quicken Loans National pro-am 07/10/2015