Greater Gwinnett Championship to provide free military admission
March 7, 2014
DULUTH, GA – The Greater Gwinnett Championship Presented by Mitsubishi Electric Cooling & Heating, metro Atlanta’s Champions Tour event set for April 14-20, 2014 at TPC Sugarloaf in Duluth, will extend a warm welcome to our nation’s military members and their families through a variety of military outreach and appreciation activities during the week.
In partnership with Birdies for the Brave, a military outreach initiative proudly supported by the TOUR, the tournament will provide complimentary tournament admission for all active duty, National Guard, reserve and retirees, and their dependents with a valid Department of Defense-issued ID presented at the gate along with a military ticket voucher. Non-retired veterans may also purchase two Any One Day Passes per day at a discounted price of $10 each.
Military tickets can be obtained by registering on the Greater Gwinnett Championship military verification site. Military vouchers can then be downloaded to present at the gate in exchange for a tournament ticket. Complimentary and discounted military tickets will be subject to a $1 verification fee for each ticket downloaded.
Other Birdies for the Brave activities will include the opportunity for active duty military members to serve as caddies for Champions Tour players during the State Bank Pro-Am on Wednesday and military pageantry featuring an honor guard and uniformed military personnel tending the flag on the 18th hole on Sunday.
“We are indebted to our courageous military members for everything they do to keep America safe and free, and are delighted to work in partnership with Birdies for the Brave to show these American heroes and their families how much their service and sacrifices are appreciated,” said Greater Gwinnett Championship Executive Director Stan Hall.
- Els for Autism Golf Challenge raises close to $12 million in five years 11/24/2015
- Callaway honors Georgia heroes at RSM Classic 11/24/2015
- Charitable impact of $2,316,623 generated by 2015 Shell Houston Open 11/13/2015
- Nationwide Children’s Hospital Championship announces record-setting charitable donation 11/12/2015
- WATCH: Bass Pro Shops Legends of Golf, College of Ozarks team up to honor veterans 11/11/2015
- THE PLAYERS Championship announces record $8.1 million generated for local charities from 2015 tournament 11/11/2015
- PHOTOS: PGA TOUR Wives host arts and crafts event at Batson Children’s Hospital 11/09/2015
- Meet the 2015 Shriners Hospitals for Children Open National Patient Ambassadors 11/04/2015
- Jim Furyk helps kick off THE PLAYERS Giving Back Month with Dreams Come True 11/02/2015
- 2015 John Deere Classic smashes charity record 11/01/2015