Greater Gwinnett Championship to provide free military admission
March 7, 2014
DULUTH, GA – The Greater Gwinnett Championship Presented by Mitsubishi Electric Cooling & Heating, metro Atlanta’s Champions Tour event set for April 14-20, 2014 at TPC Sugarloaf in Duluth, will extend a warm welcome to our nation’s military members and their families through a variety of military outreach and appreciation activities during the week.
In partnership with Birdies for the Brave, a military outreach initiative proudly supported by the TOUR, the tournament will provide complimentary tournament admission for all active duty, National Guard, reserve and retirees, and their dependents with a valid Department of Defense-issued ID presented at the gate along with a military ticket voucher. Non-retired veterans may also purchase two Any One Day Passes per day at a discounted price of $10 each.
Military tickets can be obtained by registering on the Greater Gwinnett Championship military verification site. Military vouchers can then be downloaded to present at the gate in exchange for a tournament ticket. Complimentary and discounted military tickets will be subject to a $1 verification fee for each ticket downloaded.
Other Birdies for the Brave activities will include the opportunity for active duty military members to serve as caddies for Champions Tour players during the State Bank Pro-Am on Wednesday and military pageantry featuring an honor guard and uniformed military personnel tending the flag on the 18th hole on Sunday.
“We are indebted to our courageous military members for everything they do to keep America safe and free, and are delighted to work in partnership with Birdies for the Brave to show these American heroes and their families how much their service and sacrifices are appreciated,” said Greater Gwinnett Championship Executive Director Stan Hall.
- Alicia Malnati and Sport for Community 05/26/2016
- Birdies for the Brave teams with Callaway Golf to honor wounded heroes during DEAN & DELUCA Invitational 05/26/2016
- Texas native Ryan Palmer gets kids into the swing of things at DEAN & DELUCA Invitational 05/23/2016
- Ryan Palmer Foundation comes to DFW as Brighter Smiles Initiative 05/20/2016
- Contest winner donates $10,000 prize to United Cerebral Palsy of the Inland Empire 05/18/2016
- Constellation names Philadelphia charities to receive donations as part of 2016 SENIOR PLAYERS Championship 05/18/2016
- Joint Effort in Fort McMurray Wildfire Relief 05/18/2016
- Spieth inspires during clinic for special needs children at THE PLAYERS 05/14/2016
- David Hearn Foundation Wine Label donates to Alzheimer's Society of Canada 05/12/2016
- PGA TOUR Wives, Everbank team up for Community PedsCare event at THE PLAYERS 05/11/2016