Greater Gwinnett Championship to provide free military admission
March 7, 2014
DULUTH, GA – The Greater Gwinnett Championship Presented by Mitsubishi Electric Cooling & Heating, metro Atlanta’s Champions Tour event set for April 14-20, 2014 at TPC Sugarloaf in Duluth, will extend a warm welcome to our nation’s military members and their families through a variety of military outreach and appreciation activities during the week.
In partnership with Birdies for the Brave, a military outreach initiative proudly supported by the TOUR, the tournament will provide complimentary tournament admission for all active duty, National Guard, reserve and retirees, and their dependents with a valid Department of Defense-issued ID presented at the gate along with a military ticket voucher. Non-retired veterans may also purchase two Any One Day Passes per day at a discounted price of $10 each.
Military tickets can be obtained by registering on the Greater Gwinnett Championship military verification site. Military vouchers can then be downloaded to present at the gate in exchange for a tournament ticket. Complimentary and discounted military tickets will be subject to a $1 verification fee for each ticket downloaded.
Other Birdies for the Brave activities will include the opportunity for active duty military members to serve as caddies for Champions Tour players during the State Bank Pro-Am on Wednesday and military pageantry featuring an honor guard and uniformed military personnel tending the flag on the 18th hole on Sunday.
“We are indebted to our courageous military members for everything they do to keep America safe and free, and are delighted to work in partnership with Birdies for the Brave to show these American heroes and their families how much their service and sacrifices are appreciated,” said Greater Gwinnett Championship Executive Director Stan Hall.
- Jacobsen honored with GWAA's Charlie Bartlett award 02/17/2017
- 2016 RSM Classic raises more than $2.2 million for charity 02/17/2017
- Sebastian Velona inspires with 'healing hugs' at the Genesis Open 02/16/2017
- Meet the 2017 Farmers Insurance Open winner of the PGA TOUR Volunteer Challenge 02/15/2017
- Waste Management Phoenix Open 'Green Out' raises $100K for nonprofit environmental organizations 02/07/2017
- Patrick Reed AJGA Junior Championship honored with three awards 02/06/2017
- Marc and Audrey Leishman committed to raising sepsis awareness 02/06/2017
- Jimmy Walker Challenge earns AJGA's 2016 Newcomer Award 02/03/2017
- CDW launches “Tech Fore!” charitable giving program 02/02/2017
- BMW Charity Pro-Am announces 2017 philanthropic partners 01/30/2017