Greater Gwinnett Championship to provide free military admission
March 7, 2014
DULUTH, GA – The Greater Gwinnett Championship Presented by Mitsubishi Electric Cooling & Heating, metro Atlanta’s Champions Tour event set for April 14-20, 2014 at TPC Sugarloaf in Duluth, will extend a warm welcome to our nation’s military members and their families through a variety of military outreach and appreciation activities during the week.
In partnership with Birdies for the Brave, a military outreach initiative proudly supported by the TOUR, the tournament will provide complimentary tournament admission for all active duty, National Guard, reserve and retirees, and their dependents with a valid Department of Defense-issued ID presented at the gate along with a military ticket voucher. Non-retired veterans may also purchase two Any One Day Passes per day at a discounted price of $10 each.
Military tickets can be obtained by registering on the Greater Gwinnett Championship military verification site. Military vouchers can then be downloaded to present at the gate in exchange for a tournament ticket. Complimentary and discounted military tickets will be subject to a $1 verification fee for each ticket downloaded.
Other Birdies for the Brave activities will include the opportunity for active duty military members to serve as caddies for Champions Tour players during the State Bank Pro-Am on Wednesday and military pageantry featuring an honor guard and uniformed military personnel tending the flag on the 18th hole on Sunday.
“We are indebted to our courageous military members for everything they do to keep America safe and free, and are delighted to work in partnership with Birdies for the Brave to show these American heroes and their families how much their service and sacrifices are appreciated,” said Greater Gwinnett Championship Executive Director Stan Hall.
- Janzen, Mediate volunteer at Biloxi Habitat home 03/27/2015
- Valero Texas Open: A bond beyond the ropes for Ryan Polzin and caddie Randy Jones 03/26/2015
- Valero Texas Open teams with Callaway Golf, Birdies for the Brave to honor two local wounded heroes 03/26/2015
- The First Tee of Tucson: Keeping Kids on the Right Course 03/23/2015
- VIDEO: LPGA, USGA Girls Golf launch Little Girls, Big Dreams campaign 03/19/2015
- Callaway provides fitting gratitude to Purple Heart recipients during Arnold Palmer Invitational 03/18/2015
- Graham and Ruby DeLaet Foundation, The Children's Wish Foundation named charitable partners of the Nova Scotia Open 03/16/2015
- PHOTOS: PGA TOUR Wives put the finishing touches on Habitat for Humanity home during Valspar Championship 03/12/2015
- PGA TOUR Superstore helps The First Tee increase participation 03/10/2015
- PGA TOUR reaches new charitable plateau in early 2015 03/08/2015