PHOTOS: Web.com Tour wives “Stuff a Caddy” during United Leasing Championship
June 25, 2014
EVANSVILLE, Ind.– Web.com Tour wives, in conjuncation with Youth First and the United Leasing Championship presented by PTI, were on hand at the Newburgh (Ind.) Walmart on Wednesday collecting school supplies for children who may otherwise go without in southwestern Indiana.
Members of the local community were invited to donate and help "Stuff A Caddy" with school supplies for the upcoming school year. All items donated will help Youth First provide classroom necessities so children returning to school are ready to learn.
At the end of the event, enough supplies were gathered to fill two Cadillac SRXs provided by Romain Cadillac of Evansville.
The community outreach event was held in cooperation with the United Leasing Championship. The 72-hole Web.com Tour event gets underway on Thursday, June 26 at Victoria National Golf Club in nearby Newburgh.
Web.com Tour Wives is a part of PGA TOUR Wives Association, Inc., which is a not-for-profit corporation organized to render support and provide assistance to needy children and their families through the means of charitable events. The committee chair for the event was Lee Presnell, wife of Web.com Tour player, Alistair Presnell.
- Price Cutter Charity Championship gifts more than $905,000 to Missouri children’s charities 11/30/2016
- The Mission Continues: 10-Years of Birdies for the Brave 11/28/2016
- PGA TOUR distributes 300 Thanksgiving baskets to Northeast Florida families 11/18/2016
- Record-setting charitable donation announced for 10th playing of the Nationwide Children’s Hospital Championship 11/17/2016
- Mentoring Matters: Golfing Turns Into Life Lessons At First Tee Miami 11/16/2016
- PGA TOUR Wives Wiffle Ball Classic at The RSM Classic raises $35,000 11/16/2016
- Memorial Tournament presented by Nationwide donates $1,676,500 to Nationwide Children’s Hospital 11/15/2016
- OHL Mayakoba Classic donates 100 wheelchairs in Mexico 11/12/2016
- THE PLAYERS announces $8.5 million raised for charity in 2016 11/03/2016
- John Deere Classic announces $10.5 million raised for nearly 500 charities in 2016 11/03/2016