PHOTOS: Web.com Tour wives “Stuff a Caddy” during United Leasing Championship
June 25, 2014
EVANSVILLE, Ind.– Web.com Tour wives, in conjuncation with Youth First and the United Leasing Championship presented by PTI, were on hand at the Newburgh (Ind.) Walmart on Wednesday collecting school supplies for children who may otherwise go without in southwestern Indiana.
Members of the local community were invited to donate and help "Stuff A Caddy" with school supplies for the upcoming school year. All items donated will help Youth First provide classroom necessities so children returning to school are ready to learn.
At the end of the event, enough supplies were gathered to fill two Cadillac SRXs provided by Romain Cadillac of Evansville.
The community outreach event was held in cooperation with the United Leasing Championship. The 72-hole Web.com Tour event gets underway on Thursday, June 26 at Victoria National Golf Club in nearby Newburgh.
Web.com Tour Wives is a part of PGA TOUR Wives Association, Inc., which is a not-for-profit corporation organized to render support and provide assistance to needy children and their families through the means of charitable events. The committee chair for the event was Lee Presnell, wife of Web.com Tour player, Alistair Presnell.
- Greater Gwinnett Championship names 2015 charity recipients 12/17/2014
- Quicken Loans helps Birdies for the Brave expand access to military tickets 12/16/2014
- DICK'S Sporting Goods Open announces $1.1M raised for charity in 2014 12/15/2014
- Furyk Foundation hosts third annual 'Hope for the Holidays' 12/12/2014
- Rotary Club of Kona receives $57,500 donation from Mitsubishi Electric Championship at Hualalai 12/11/2014
- Crowne Plaza Invitational at Colonial announces $9M raised for charity in 2014 12/10/2014
- Web.com Tour announces 2014 Volunteer of the Year 12/10/2014
- Jason Day to host charity tournament at Muirfield Village in 2015 12/05/2014
- VIDEO: Jason Dufner, Auburn athletics team up to tackle child hunger 12/03/2014
- PHOTOS: Kevin Chappell visits Children's Hospital Central California 12/03/2014