Shaw Charity Classic commits $1.275 million to charity in 2014
June 25, 2014
CALGARY—Shaw Communications Inc. today announced it will commit $1.275 million to YouthLink Calgary Police Interpretive Centre and Hull Services – the title sponsor’s two official charitable partners for the Champions Tour's second annual Shaw Charity Classic in Calgary.
“On behalf of my family and our 14,000 employees across Canada, we are proud to support two fantastic local charities that help educate and support the well-being of our children,” said Brad Shaw, CEO, Shaw Communications. “As an international event that supports our community, the Shaw Charity Classic has quickly become a hallmark event on the Calgary summer calendar. We look forward to continuing to work with our Champions Tour and Patron Group partners to make it even more successful in 2014.”
Tournament officials also confirmed it will support a handful of other youth-based charities in southern Alberta through the 2014 event including: Kids Cancer Care Foundation of Alberta; KidSport Calgary; Children’s Wish Foundation (Alberta and N.W.T.); Ronald McDonald House of Southern Alberta; United Way All-In for Youth; and Sheldon Kennedy Child Advocacy Centre.
“The Shaw Charity Classic has always been focused on providing Calgarians with the opportunity to witness elite golf to raise money to support children’s charities in southern Alberta,” said Sean Van Kesteren, tournament director, Shaw Charity Classic. “We are grateful of Shaw’s continued support in helping us stay true to our mission.”
YouthLink Calgary is a Calgary Police Foundation funded program that educates youth about crime and its consequences, and helps teach parents and educators how to begin discussions with their children about sensitive and timely topics such as Internet safety, how to handle bullies, how to say no to peer pressure involving drugs and alcohol, and how to recognize the many faces of exploitation and abuse.
Abuse and neglect in childhood leads to behavioral and mental health issues that are painful and costly. Hull Services breaks the cycle with programs designed to end children’s mental health issues as a problem in our community. For more than 50 years, Hull has changed the direction for thousands of children and their families.
- G-Mac Foundation helps to raise $700K at the 2017 Best of Ireland Dinner 01/23/2017
- CareerBuilder Challenge hosts 'Find Your Calling' 01/21/2017
- PGA TOUR joins AJGA as Official Partner 01/13/2017
- Tiger Woods Foundation, Discovery Education partner to offer digital education resources 01/10/2017
- Puerto Rico Open strengthens ties to Ricky Martin Foundation and its allies at Centro Tau 12/28/2016
- CVS Health Charity Classic reaches $20 million in philanthropic support to Southeastern New England charities 12/23/2016
- PGA TOUR Volunteer Challenge presented by Myrbetriq donation leads to Boys and Girls Club program development 12/22/2016
- PGA TOUR Volunteer Challenge continues to support charitable mission 12/19/2016
- BMW Championship raises $2.8 million for Evans Scholars Foundation in 2016 12/16/2016
- WinCo Foods Portland Open announces $1.25 million raised for charity in 2016 12/15/2016