Shaw Charity Classic commits $1.275 million to charity in 2014
June 25, 2014
CALGARY—Shaw Communications Inc. today announced it will commit $1.275 million to YouthLink Calgary Police Interpretive Centre and Hull Services – the title sponsor’s two official charitable partners for the Champions Tour's second annual Shaw Charity Classic in Calgary.
“On behalf of my family and our 14,000 employees across Canada, we are proud to support two fantastic local charities that help educate and support the well-being of our children,” said Brad Shaw, CEO, Shaw Communications. “As an international event that supports our community, the Shaw Charity Classic has quickly become a hallmark event on the Calgary summer calendar. We look forward to continuing to work with our Champions Tour and Patron Group partners to make it even more successful in 2014.”
Tournament officials also confirmed it will support a handful of other youth-based charities in southern Alberta through the 2014 event including: Kids Cancer Care Foundation of Alberta; KidSport Calgary; Children’s Wish Foundation (Alberta and N.W.T.); Ronald McDonald House of Southern Alberta; United Way All-In for Youth; and Sheldon Kennedy Child Advocacy Centre.
“The Shaw Charity Classic has always been focused on providing Calgarians with the opportunity to witness elite golf to raise money to support children’s charities in southern Alberta,” said Sean Van Kesteren, tournament director, Shaw Charity Classic. “We are grateful of Shaw’s continued support in helping us stay true to our mission.”
YouthLink Calgary is a Calgary Police Foundation funded program that educates youth about crime and its consequences, and helps teach parents and educators how to begin discussions with their children about sensitive and timely topics such as Internet safety, how to handle bullies, how to say no to peer pressure involving drugs and alcohol, and how to recognize the many faces of exploitation and abuse.
Abuse and neglect in childhood leads to behavioral and mental health issues that are painful and costly. Hull Services breaks the cycle with programs designed to end children’s mental health issues as a problem in our community. For more than 50 years, Hull has changed the direction for thousands of children and their families.
- Price Cutter Charity Championship gifts more than $905,000 to Missouri children’s charities 11/30/2016
- The Mission Continues: 10-Years of Birdies for the Brave 11/28/2016
- PGA TOUR distributes 300 Thanksgiving baskets to Northeast Florida families 11/18/2016
- Record-setting charitable donation announced for 10th playing of the Nationwide Children’s Hospital Championship 11/17/2016
- Mentoring Matters: Golfing Turns Into Life Lessons At First Tee Miami 11/16/2016
- PGA TOUR Wives Wiffle Ball Classic at The RSM Classic raises $35,000 11/16/2016
- Memorial Tournament presented by Nationwide donates $1,676,500 to Nationwide Children’s Hospital 11/15/2016
- OHL Mayakoba Classic donates 100 wheelchairs in Mexico 11/12/2016
- THE PLAYERS announces $8.5 million raised for charity in 2016 11/03/2016
- John Deere Classic announces $10.5 million raised for nearly 500 charities in 2016 11/03/2016