Lowcountry Foundation for Wounded Military Heroes donates $115,000 to Birdies for the Brave homefront groups
June 6, 2014
PONTE VEDRA BEACH, Fla. – Representatives from the Lowcountry Foundation for Wounded Military Heroes visited TPC Sawgrass on June 2 to present Birdies for the Brave with a check for $115,000. The donation is the result of the fourth annual Wounded Heroes Golf Classic hosted by the group in May at Hampton Hall in Bluffton, S.C.
Combined with $80,000 raised at the 2013 tournament, the Lowcountry Foundation for Wounded Military Heroes has raised more than $300,000 for Birdies for the Brave during the past four years. This year’s proceeds will be earmarked for the Military Warriors Support Foundation, Operation Homefront, K9s for Warriors, Special Operations Warrior Foundation and Feherty’s Troops First Foundation, with an emphasis on serving wounded veterans in the South Carolina and Coastal Georgia areas.
The Lowcountry Foundation for Wounded Military Heroes was established help service members returning home from combat with serious injuries and disabilities re-integrate into civilian life. For more information, visit woundedmilitaryheroes.org.
“The men and women of our U.S. Armed Forces put their lives on the line every day to ensure the safety and freedom of all Americans, and we owe them and their families an enormous debt of gratitude,” said Russ Spicer, Chairman of Lowcountry Foundation for Wounded Military Heroes. “We are grateful for the opportunity to work with Birdies for the Brave and these wonderful homefront groups to give back to those who have sacrificed so much, and appreciate the passion, generosity and compassion of so many caring people in the Lowcountry community who helped make our fourth annual Wounded Heroes Golf Classic such a success.”
Prior to the tournament, which featured a full field of golfers including many wounded veterans, members of the Professional Golfers Career College of Hilton Head provide a golf clinic to combat-injured warriors. The clinic was followed by a military appreciation ceremony featuring a national anthem singer, a bagpipe player, a High Altitude Low Opening (HALO) jump team, and an address by Bluffton Mayor Lisa Sulka. At the conclusion of play, guests attended an evening cocktail reception and dinner auction.
- BMW Charity Pro-Am Presented by SYNNEX Corporation announces inaugural Executive Women’s Day 03/17/2017
- Callaway Golf, Birdies for the Brave honor wounded veterans during Arnold Palmer Invitational 03/14/2017
- Arnie's Army marches on in Palmer's memory 03/13/2017
- Jason Day tees off for charity at TPC Sawgrass 03/08/2017
- Jeff Klauk to host Athletes vs. Epilepsy $1 Million Shootout charity event on April 10 03/06/2017
- Children's Healthcare Charity receives $10,000 donation from The Honda Classic volunteer challenge 03/02/2017
- VIDEO: The First Tee of Mexico launches 03/02/2017
- VIDEO: Volunteering on TOUR 03/02/2017
- RBC Heritage kicks off charity tour 03/01/2017
- Interfaith of The Woodlands named PGA TOUR Champions Charity of the Year 02/21/2017