Valspar Championship presented by BB&T raises $1.6 million for charity in 2014
July 28, 2014
PALM HARBOR, Fla.- The PGA TOUR's 2014 Valspar Championship presented by BB&T generated $1.6 million for Tampa Bay area charities, an increase of nearly 50% from the previous year’s tournament. The increase came in the first year of tournament sponsorship by The Valspar Corporation, a global leader in the paint and coatings industry. In its 38-year history, Copperhead Charities, Inc., the host organization for the tournament, has now generated more than $32 million through PGA TOUR-affiliated golf events.
“The addition of Valspar means the tournament is in an improved position for raising money for charity which is a major part of our mission,” says Larry Morgan, General Chairman of the Copperheads. “We generated more than $1 million through our ongoing Birdies for Tampa Bay Charities Program and will be announcing $600,000 in other donations to Tampa Bay area charities in the months to come. It was a very successful year, but we believe further growth is on the way.”
Through their sponsorship of the tournament, Valspar supported the local Tampa Bay community through their long-standing partnership with Habitat for Humanity. Valspar created a series of events, including a local Habitat community build with the Habitat for Humanity of Pinellas County chapter.
“Valspar is proud to give back to the community both through our continued work with Habitat for Humanity and now with Copperhead Charities,” said Gary Hendrickson, Chairman and CEO, The Valspar Corporation. “Through the Valspar Championship, we have a unique opportunity to help transform people’s lives and help them connect to the transformative power of color.”
For more information about the event, please visit ValsparChampionship.com.
- On the heels of war, a healing opportunity during The Barclays 09/02/2015
- VIDEO: Keegan Bradley hosts fourth annual charity tournament in Vermont 09/02/2015
- PGA TOUR teams with Nike Oven to create unique Make-A-Wish experience for leukemia patient 08/28/2015
- VIDEO: 98-year-old Dick's Sporting Goods Open volunteer still going strong 08/28/2015
- A fitting honor for two wounded heroes at the Wyndham Championship 08/25/2015
- National Capital Open to Support Our Troops about more than just golf 08/25/2015
- Spieth makes special appearance during The First Tee Classic at Liberty National Golf Club 08/24/2015
- Els named 2015 Payne Stewart Award recipient 08/19/2015
- Shell Houston Open recognized nationally with Gold Level Certification by Council for Responsible Sport 08/19/2015
- 2015 BMW Charity Pro-Am presented by SYNNEX Corporation raises more than $758K for charity 08/19/2015