Valspar Championship presented by BB&T raises $1.6 million for charity in 2014
July 28, 2014
PALM HARBOR, Fla.- The PGA TOUR's 2014 Valspar Championship presented by BB&T generated $1.6 million for Tampa Bay area charities, an increase of nearly 50% from the previous year’s tournament. The increase came in the first year of tournament sponsorship by The Valspar Corporation, a global leader in the paint and coatings industry. In its 38-year history, Copperhead Charities, Inc., the host organization for the tournament, has now generated more than $32 million through PGA TOUR-affiliated golf events.
“The addition of Valspar means the tournament is in an improved position for raising money for charity which is a major part of our mission,” says Larry Morgan, General Chairman of the Copperheads. “We generated more than $1 million through our ongoing Birdies for Tampa Bay Charities Program and will be announcing $600,000 in other donations to Tampa Bay area charities in the months to come. It was a very successful year, but we believe further growth is on the way.”
Through their sponsorship of the tournament, Valspar supported the local Tampa Bay community through their long-standing partnership with Habitat for Humanity. Valspar created a series of events, including a local Habitat community build with the Habitat for Humanity of Pinellas County chapter.
“Valspar is proud to give back to the community both through our continued work with Habitat for Humanity and now with Copperhead Charities,” said Gary Hendrickson, Chairman and CEO, The Valspar Corporation. “Through the Valspar Championship, we have a unique opportunity to help transform people’s lives and help them connect to the transformative power of color.”
For more information about the event, please visit ValsparChampionship.com.
- PHOTOS: Furyk wins $10K for foundation during Jacksonville Jaguars promotion 12/19/2014
- J.B. Holmes to appear in Chiari Malformation awareness comic book 12/18/2014
- WGC-Cadillac Championship names United Way of Miami-Dade as official charity 12/18/2014
- 2014 Brian Gay Invitational nets $805k for Orlando children's hospital 12/18/2014
- Greater Gwinnett Championship names 2015 charity recipients 12/17/2014
- Quicken Loans helps Birdies for the Brave expand access to military tickets 12/16/2014
- DICK'S Sporting Goods Open announces $1.1M raised for charity in 2014 12/15/2014
- Furyk Foundation hosts third annual 'Hope for the Holidays' 12/12/2014
- Rotary Club of Kona receives $57,500 donation from Mitsubishi Electric Championship at Hualalai 12/11/2014
- Crowne Plaza Invitational at Colonial announces $9M raised for charity in 2014 12/10/2014