Valspar Championship presented by BB&T raises $1.6 million for charity in 2014
July 28, 2014
PALM HARBOR, Fla.- The PGA TOUR's 2014 Valspar Championship presented by BB&T generated $1.6 million for Tampa Bay area charities, an increase of nearly 50% from the previous year’s tournament. The increase came in the first year of tournament sponsorship by The Valspar Corporation, a global leader in the paint and coatings industry. In its 38-year history, Copperhead Charities, Inc., the host organization for the tournament, has now generated more than $32 million through PGA TOUR-affiliated golf events.
“The addition of Valspar means the tournament is in an improved position for raising money for charity which is a major part of our mission,” says Larry Morgan, General Chairman of the Copperheads. “We generated more than $1 million through our ongoing Birdies for Tampa Bay Charities Program and will be announcing $600,000 in other donations to Tampa Bay area charities in the months to come. It was a very successful year, but we believe further growth is on the way.”
Through their sponsorship of the tournament, Valspar supported the local Tampa Bay community through their long-standing partnership with Habitat for Humanity. Valspar created a series of events, including a local Habitat community build with the Habitat for Humanity of Pinellas County chapter.
“Valspar is proud to give back to the community both through our continued work with Habitat for Humanity and now with Copperhead Charities,” said Gary Hendrickson, Chairman and CEO, The Valspar Corporation. “Through the Valspar Championship, we have a unique opportunity to help transform people’s lives and help them connect to the transformative power of color.”
For more information about the event, please visit ValsparChampionship.com.
- The Greenbrier Classic announces first annual volunteer charitable initiative campaign 09/18/2014
- VIDEO: Web.com Tour player Peter Malnati's special friendship with a young cancer survivor 09/16/2014
- Web.com Tour Wives give back through “Fill the Cart with Fun” campaign 09/10/2014
- VIDEO: Brendon Todd visits East Lake's Drew Charter School during TOUR Championship 09/10/2014
- Andrade, Cink contribute to East Lake's success story 09/09/2014
- Chris Wilson kicks off campaign in support of Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation 09/09/2014
- Deutsche Bank Championship hosts sixth annual 'Healthy Packs' event 08/28/2014
- Morgan Hoffmann walks his way to top-10 finish, raises additional $7.5K for charity 08/28/2014
- The First Tee of Massachusetts expands with help of matching grant 08/28/2014
- Justin Leonard finds a charity to come first before golf 08/28/2014