Valspar Championship presented by BB&T raises $1.6 million for charity in 2014
July 28, 2014
PALM HARBOR, Fla.- The PGA TOUR's 2014 Valspar Championship presented by BB&T generated $1.6 million for Tampa Bay area charities, an increase of nearly 50% from the previous year’s tournament. The increase came in the first year of tournament sponsorship by The Valspar Corporation, a global leader in the paint and coatings industry. In its 38-year history, Copperhead Charities, Inc., the host organization for the tournament, has now generated more than $32 million through PGA TOUR-affiliated golf events.
“The addition of Valspar means the tournament is in an improved position for raising money for charity which is a major part of our mission,” says Larry Morgan, General Chairman of the Copperheads. “We generated more than $1 million through our ongoing Birdies for Tampa Bay Charities Program and will be announcing $600,000 in other donations to Tampa Bay area charities in the months to come. It was a very successful year, but we believe further growth is on the way.”
Through their sponsorship of the tournament, Valspar supported the local Tampa Bay community through their long-standing partnership with Habitat for Humanity. Valspar created a series of events, including a local Habitat community build with the Habitat for Humanity of Pinellas County chapter.
“Valspar is proud to give back to the community both through our continued work with Habitat for Humanity and now with Copperhead Charities,” said Gary Hendrickson, Chairman and CEO, The Valspar Corporation. “Through the Valspar Championship, we have a unique opportunity to help transform people’s lives and help them connect to the transformative power of color.”
For more information about the event, please visit ValsparChampionship.com.
- VIDEO: Players make a special hospital visit during Allianz Championship 02/26/2015
- Jonas Blixt makes a young cancer survivor's dream come true 02/25/2015
- Fifth annual Els for Autism Golf Challenge kicks off 02/25/2015
- The Els Center of Excellence to welcome first students in August 02/25/2015
- PHOTOS: Mahan teams with sponsor to raise funds for NADA Charitable Foundation 02/24/2015
- Marco Dawson nets $10K for The First Tee of Lakeland with FOX Sports Shot for Charity win at Daytona 02/19/2015
- Web.com Tour Championship, City of Jacksonville donate $408K to The First Tee 02/18/2015
- Greg and Nicole Chalmers launch autism support organization 02/13/2015
- VIDEO: AT&T Pebble Beach National Pro-Am fan’s eye view – Tim Lang 02/13/2015
- VIDEO: AT&T Pebble Beach National Pro-Am fan’s eye view – Katie Horsford 02/13/2015