Shaw Communications announces campaign to benefit Graham and Ruby DeLaet Foundation
July 25, 2014
CALGARY, ALBERTA- Shaw Communications Inc. and PGA TOUR star Graham DeLaet announced a new program to support children's charities and the development of junior golfers at all levels.
As part of the Shaw Birdies and Eagles for Kids program, Shaw will donate $100 to the Graham and Ruby DeLaet Foundation for every birdie and $500 for every eagle that Graham makes during the 2014 PGA TOUR season. Proceeds from the program will reinforce the DeLaet foundation's support for children's health and well-being, and junior golf programs.
This season, DeLaet has recorded more than 200 birdies and four eagles bringing Shaw's charitable donation total to over $20,000. DeLaet, who is ranked 31st in the world, is competing this week at the 2014 RBC Canadian Open being played at The Royal Montreal Golf Club from July 21-27.
"Graham and Ruby have shown such strong leadership by contributing to the health and well-being of children," said Brad Shaw, CEO, Shaw Communications Inc. "We're proud to stand with them, and support their charitable efforts and worthwhile causes that will make our communities stronger."
"Shaw Birdies and Eagles for Kids cements an already successful partnership with Shaw," DeLaet said. "I'm excited to get out there, play my best and raise some money for children."
"Launching our Foundation was so important to Graham and I, as we felt it was the right time in Graham's career to give back," said Ruby DeLaet. "It is amazing to have partners like Shaw that support our efforts to truly make a difference in the lives of children."
Shaw Communications also serves as host of the Champions Tour's annual Shaw Charity Classic, to be held August 27-31 at Canyon Meadows Golf and Country Club in Calgary, Alberta. In its 2013 inaugural year, the tournament generated more than $2.27 million for local children's charities.
- On the heels of war, a healing opportunity during The Barclays 09/02/2015
- VIDEO: Keegan Bradley hosts fourth annual charity tournament in Vermont 09/02/2015
- PGA TOUR teams with Nike Oven to create unique Make-A-Wish experience for leukemia patient 08/28/2015
- VIDEO: 98-year-old Dick's Sporting Goods Open volunteer still going strong 08/28/2015
- A fitting honor for two wounded heroes at the Wyndham Championship 08/25/2015
- National Capital Open to Support Our Troops about more than just golf 08/25/2015
- Spieth makes special appearance during The First Tee Classic at Liberty National Golf Club 08/24/2015
- Els named 2015 Payne Stewart Award recipient 08/19/2015
- Shell Houston Open recognized nationally with Gold Level Certification by Council for Responsible Sport 08/19/2015
- 2015 BMW Charity Pro-Am presented by SYNNEX Corporation raises more than $758K for charity 08/19/2015