Shaw Communications announces campaign to benefit Graham and Ruby DeLaet Foundation
July 25, 2014
CALGARY, ALBERTA- Shaw Communications Inc. and PGA TOUR star Graham DeLaet announced a new program to support children's charities and the development of junior golfers at all levels.
As part of the Shaw Birdies and Eagles for Kids program, Shaw will donate $100 to the Graham and Ruby DeLaet Foundation for every birdie and $500 for every eagle that Graham makes during the 2014 PGA TOUR season. Proceeds from the program will reinforce the DeLaet foundation's support for children's health and well-being, and junior golf programs.
This season, DeLaet has recorded more than 200 birdies and four eagles bringing Shaw's charitable donation total to over $20,000. DeLaet, who is ranked 31st in the world, is competing this week at the 2014 RBC Canadian Open being played at The Royal Montreal Golf Club from July 21-27.
"Graham and Ruby have shown such strong leadership by contributing to the health and well-being of children," said Brad Shaw, CEO, Shaw Communications Inc. "We're proud to stand with them, and support their charitable efforts and worthwhile causes that will make our communities stronger."
"Shaw Birdies and Eagles for Kids cements an already successful partnership with Shaw," DeLaet said. "I'm excited to get out there, play my best and raise some money for children."
"Launching our Foundation was so important to Graham and I, as we felt it was the right time in Graham's career to give back," said Ruby DeLaet. "It is amazing to have partners like Shaw that support our efforts to truly make a difference in the lives of children."
Shaw Communications also serves as host of the Champions Tour's annual Shaw Charity Classic, to be held August 27-31 at Canyon Meadows Golf and Country Club in Calgary, Alberta. In its 2013 inaugural year, the tournament generated more than $2.27 million for local children's charities.
- PING unveils limited edition pink driver benefiting Bubba Watson's foundation 08/25/2016
- 2016 AT&T Byron Nelson raises $5.8 million for Momentous Institute 08/25/2016
- Bubba Watson and caddie Ted Scott pledge support to Louisiana flood relief efforts 08/24/2016
- Glenmorangie teams up with Birdies for the Brave to raise funds for military families, wounded heroes during three PGA TOUR events 08/24/2016
- Charity leads the way for inaugural GolfBC Championship 08/18/2016
- VIDEO: A legacy of giving back at the Price Cutter Charity Championship 08/17/2016
- Meet Gianna 'One-Handed Lady Golfer' Rojas, volunteer at The Barclays 08/16/2016
- Ken Duke's dream for others reaches fruition with practice facility 08/11/2016
- Travelers donates $58,000 to Jim Furyk's charity of choice after record-setting 58 08/10/2016
- Jim Furyk named 2016 Payne Stewart Award recipient 08/09/2016