Shaw Communications announces campaign to benefit Graham and Ruby DeLaet Foundation
July 25, 2014
CALGARY, ALBERTA- Shaw Communications Inc. and PGA TOUR star Graham DeLaet announced a new program to support children's charities and the development of junior golfers at all levels.
As part of the Shaw Birdies and Eagles for Kids program, Shaw will donate $100 to the Graham and Ruby DeLaet Foundation for every birdie and $500 for every eagle that Graham makes during the 2014 PGA TOUR season. Proceeds from the program will reinforce the DeLaet foundation's support for children's health and well-being, and junior golf programs.
This season, DeLaet has recorded more than 200 birdies and four eagles bringing Shaw's charitable donation total to over $20,000. DeLaet, who is ranked 31st in the world, is competing this week at the 2014 RBC Canadian Open being played at The Royal Montreal Golf Club from July 21-27.
"Graham and Ruby have shown such strong leadership by contributing to the health and well-being of children," said Brad Shaw, CEO, Shaw Communications Inc. "We're proud to stand with them, and support their charitable efforts and worthwhile causes that will make our communities stronger."
"Shaw Birdies and Eagles for Kids cements an already successful partnership with Shaw," DeLaet said. "I'm excited to get out there, play my best and raise some money for children."
"Launching our Foundation was so important to Graham and I, as we felt it was the right time in Graham's career to give back," said Ruby DeLaet. "It is amazing to have partners like Shaw that support our efforts to truly make a difference in the lives of children."
Shaw Communications also serves as host of the Champions Tour's annual Shaw Charity Classic, to be held August 27-31 at Canyon Meadows Golf and Country Club in Calgary, Alberta. In its 2013 inaugural year, the tournament generated more than $2.27 million for local children's charities.
- Wyndham Championship takes on childhood hunger in North Carolina's Piedmont Triad 07/24/2015
- Over $500K donated through #RBCGolf4Kids charity challenge 07/23/2015
- David Hearn launches foundation in support of the Alzheimer Society 07/23/2015
- Honda Classic sets charity record despite massive storm 07/23/2015
- Justin Rose named 2015 Spirit of Golf award recipient 07/20/2015
- Jordan Spieth to participate in Caddy For A Cure during Quicken Loans National pro-am 07/10/2015
- Birdies for Charity helps kids in the Quad Cities 07/10/2015
- Paul Casey Foundation committed to helping young people through sports 06/30/2015
- Compton's chance encounter with donor's aunt 06/25/2015
- VIDEO: Military moms treated to special baby shower at Travelers Championship 06/24/2015