The First Tee to Debut Nine Healthy Habits Summit in New Year
January 14, 2014
ST. AUGUSTINE, Fla.– The First Tee Nine Healthy Habits Summit is a new interactive educational event aimed at inspiring teens to take ownership of their own health and contribute to healthier communities. The summit will be held in conjunction with the Humana Challenge in partnership with the Clinton Foundation PGA TOUR tournament in La Quinta, Calif., January, 12-15, 2014.
“The First Tee is committed to delivering educational programs that provide participants with the tools to live healthy, active lifestyles.” said Joe Louis Barrow, Jr., chief executive officer of The First Tee. “We introduce young people to The First Tee Nine Healthy Habits during chapter programs and thanks to generous sponsorships from Humana and GoHealth we are able further educate participants on major health issues.”
During the summit, participants will hear from industry experts on the principals of emotional, physical and social wellness. They will have the honor of participating in Chelsea Clinton’s Day of Action and attending the Clinton Foundation Health Matters Conference during the early part of the Humana Challenge tournament week. They also will have the opportunity to interact with the management team of the Humana Challenge golf tournament to gain insights on how a PGA TOUR event is organized and managed from behind the scenes.
The 24 teen participants attending were selected from a national pool of applicants. It is one of many national opportunities made available to participants at The First Tee chapters. For more information on The First Tee, visit www.thefirsttee.org.
“I am eager to welcome the bright and ambitious group of participants from chapters of The First Tee throughout the United States to our beautiful desert region in January to build upon their knowledge of personal well-being and the game of golf,” said Bob Marra, Executive Director and CEO of the Humana Challenge. “Since I first heard of the concept for the Summit I have been excited about the possibilities. We have a wonderful lineup of meaningful activities lined for these impressive young people and I am grateful to our tournament partners at Humana, the Clinton Foundation and the PGA TOUR for contributing their resources and time to the Summit.The First Tee Nine Healthy Habits are nine health and wellness topics: energy, play, safety, vision, mind, family, friends, school and community.
- Deutsche Bank Championship hosts sixth annual 'Healthy Packs' event 08/28/2014
- Morgan Hoffmann walks his way to top-10 finish, raises additional $7.5K for charity 08/28/2014
- The First Tee of Massachusetts expands with help of matching grant 08/28/2014
- Justin Leonard finds a charity to come first before golf 08/28/2014
- Team International wins 2014 Notah Begay III Foundation Challenge 08/28/2014
- Third annual Keegan Bradley Charity Classic benefits cancer, opiate addiction research 08/26/2014
- The Principal Charity Classic generates $1.3 million for charity in 2014 08/26/2014
- PGA TOUR Wives host murder mystery event benefitting New Jersey children in need 08/22/2014
- Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield teams with Morgan Hoffmann on The Barclays walking challenge 08/21/2014
- Greater Gwinnett Championship distributes over $170,000 to local charities 08/21/2014