The First Tee to Debut Nine Healthy Habits Summit in New Year
January 14, 2014
ST. AUGUSTINE, Fla.– The First Tee Nine Healthy Habits Summit is a new interactive educational event aimed at inspiring teens to take ownership of their own health and contribute to healthier communities. The summit will be held in conjunction with the Humana Challenge in partnership with the Clinton Foundation PGA TOUR tournament in La Quinta, Calif., January, 12-15, 2014.
“The First Tee is committed to delivering educational programs that provide participants with the tools to live healthy, active lifestyles.” said Joe Louis Barrow, Jr., chief executive officer of The First Tee. “We introduce young people to The First Tee Nine Healthy Habits during chapter programs and thanks to generous sponsorships from Humana and GoHealth we are able further educate participants on major health issues.”
During the summit, participants will hear from industry experts on the principals of emotional, physical and social wellness. They will have the honor of participating in Chelsea Clinton’s Day of Action and attending the Clinton Foundation Health Matters Conference during the early part of the Humana Challenge tournament week. They also will have the opportunity to interact with the management team of the Humana Challenge golf tournament to gain insights on how a PGA TOUR event is organized and managed from behind the scenes.
The 24 teen participants attending were selected from a national pool of applicants. It is one of many national opportunities made available to participants at The First Tee chapters. For more information on The First Tee, visit www.thefirsttee.org.
“I am eager to welcome the bright and ambitious group of participants from chapters of The First Tee throughout the United States to our beautiful desert region in January to build upon their knowledge of personal well-being and the game of golf,” said Bob Marra, Executive Director and CEO of the Humana Challenge. “Since I first heard of the concept for the Summit I have been excited about the possibilities. We have a wonderful lineup of meaningful activities lined for these impressive young people and I am grateful to our tournament partners at Humana, the Clinton Foundation and the PGA TOUR for contributing their resources and time to the Summit.The First Tee Nine Healthy Habits are nine health and wellness topics: energy, play, safety, vision, mind, family, friends, school and community.
- PHOTOS: PGA TOUR Wives art party, plane dedication event at FedEx St. Jude Classic 06/09/2016
- Constellation joining forces with Fiorenza’s Food for Friends to fight hunger through 2016 Constellation SENIOR PLAYERS Championship 06/08/2016
- PHOTOS: PGA TOUR players bring day of fun to St. Jude Children's Research Hospital 06/08/2016
- 2016 Sony Open in Hawaii raises $1 million for local charities 06/07/2016
- PGA TOUR players take First Tee of Memphis participants inside the ropes at the FedEx St. Jude Classic 06/07/2016
- PHOTO: Meet the winner of the 2016 DEAN & DELUCA Invitational volunteer challenge 06/06/2016
- Enduring Hearts and Erik Compton Foundation Join Forces for Charity Golf Outing 06/06/2016
- 2016 Valspar Championship presented by BB&T announces increased charitable contributions 06/06/2016
- Jason, Ellie Day's Brighter Days Foundation to host second annual fundraiser 06/06/2016
- Alicia Malnati and Sport for Community 05/26/2016