Roberto Castro putts, Camp Twin Lakes scores
January 10, 2014
OMAHA, Neb.- SilverStone Group and Roberto Castro are partnering to benefit Camp Twin Lakes in 2014. SilverStone Group is entering its third year of sponsoring the rising PGA TOUR star, who had a breakout year in 2013. Castro had four top 10 finishes, qualified for all four playoff events and finished 21st in the final FedExCup standings.
SilverStone Group believes success and philanthropy go hand in hand. “We feel that part of the license to do business in America includes a responsibility to give back,” commented John H. Nelson, President. The SilverStone and Castro collaboration “Birdies 4 Charity” was conceived nine months ago at a meeting at the Golf Club of Georgia, Castro’s home course.
Established over 20 years ago in Roberto’s hometown of Atlanta, GA, Camp Twin Lakes provides an opportunity for children with serious illnesses, disabilities and other personal challenges to experience life-changing camp retreats and programs. These activities are designed to increase confidence and help empower youth to overcome obstacles. The camp has served over 50,000 children and volunteers, and 9,100 campers will participate in a camp experience this year. Camp Twin Lakes provides weeklong summer camps and year-round weekend retreats at three fully accessible and medically supportive campsites and day camps, and through hospital-based Camp-To-Go programs. Learn more about Camp Twin Lakes by visiting camptwinlakes.org.
Jessie Rosenberg, Director of Development at Camp Twin Lakes said, “We are thrilled to partner with Roberto Castro and SilverStone Group to provide life-changing camp experiences for Georgia’s children with serious illnesses, disabilities and other life challenges. SilverStone Group’s generous donation of $100 for every birdie that Roberto makes in 2014 will go directly toward camper scholarships. What an incredible investment to be making in the lives of so many children.”
Castro made over 350 birdies in 2013. Follow the action each week by visiting birdies4charity.com.
- Els for Autism Golf Challenge raises close to $12 million in five years 11/24/2015
- Callaway honors Georgia heroes at RSM Classic 11/24/2015
- Charitable impact of $2,316,623 generated by 2015 Shell Houston Open 11/13/2015
- Nationwide Children’s Hospital Championship announces record-setting charitable donation 11/12/2015
- WATCH: Bass Pro Shops Legends of Golf, College of Ozarks team up to honor veterans 11/11/2015
- THE PLAYERS Championship announces record $8.1 million generated for local charities from 2015 tournament 11/11/2015
- PHOTOS: PGA TOUR Wives host arts and crafts event at Batson Children’s Hospital 11/09/2015
- Meet the 2015 Shriners Hospitals for Children Open National Patient Ambassadors 11/04/2015
- Jim Furyk helps kick off THE PLAYERS Giving Back Month with Dreams Come True 11/02/2015
- 2015 John Deere Classic smashes charity record 11/01/2015