Roberto Castro putts, Camp Twin Lakes scores
January 10, 2014
OMAHA, Neb.- SilverStone Group and Roberto Castro are partnering to benefit Camp Twin Lakes in 2014. SilverStone Group is entering its third year of sponsoring the rising PGA TOUR star, who had a breakout year in 2013. Castro had four top 10 finishes, qualified for all four playoff events and finished 21st in the final FedExCup standings.
SilverStone Group believes success and philanthropy go hand in hand. “We feel that part of the license to do business in America includes a responsibility to give back,” commented John H. Nelson, President. The SilverStone and Castro collaboration “Birdies 4 Charity” was conceived nine months ago at a meeting at the Golf Club of Georgia, Castro’s home course.
Established over 20 years ago in Roberto’s hometown of Atlanta, GA, Camp Twin Lakes provides an opportunity for children with serious illnesses, disabilities and other personal challenges to experience life-changing camp retreats and programs. These activities are designed to increase confidence and help empower youth to overcome obstacles. The camp has served over 50,000 children and volunteers, and 9,100 campers will participate in a camp experience this year. Camp Twin Lakes provides weeklong summer camps and year-round weekend retreats at three fully accessible and medically supportive campsites and day camps, and through hospital-based Camp-To-Go programs. Learn more about Camp Twin Lakes by visiting camptwinlakes.org.
Jessie Rosenberg, Director of Development at Camp Twin Lakes said, “We are thrilled to partner with Roberto Castro and SilverStone Group to provide life-changing camp experiences for Georgia’s children with serious illnesses, disabilities and other life challenges. SilverStone Group’s generous donation of $100 for every birdie that Roberto makes in 2014 will go directly toward camper scholarships. What an incredible investment to be making in the lives of so many children.”
Castro made over 350 birdies in 2013. Follow the action each week by visiting birdies4charity.com.
- PING unveils limited edition pink driver benefiting Bubba Watson's foundation 08/25/2016
- 2016 AT&T Byron Nelson raises $5.8 million for Momentous Institute 08/25/2016
- Bubba Watson and caddie Ted Scott pledge support to Louisiana flood relief efforts 08/24/2016
- Glenmorangie teams up with Birdies for the Brave to raise funds for military families, wounded heroes during three PGA TOUR events 08/24/2016
- Charity leads the way for inaugural GolfBC Championship 08/18/2016
- VIDEO: A legacy of giving back at the Price Cutter Charity Championship 08/17/2016
- Meet Gianna 'One-Handed Lady Golfer' Rojas, volunteer at The Barclays 08/16/2016
- Ken Duke's dream for others reaches fruition with practice facility 08/11/2016
- Travelers donates $58,000 to Jim Furyk's charity of choice after record-setting 58 08/10/2016
- Jim Furyk named 2016 Payne Stewart Award recipient 08/09/2016