Regions Tradition Birdies for Charity program raises more than $380,000 for charity
January 14, 2014
BIRMINGHAM, Ala. –The Regions Tradition announced today that Birdies for Charity raised more than $380,000 in 2013 for local charities. The major championship, which was held at Shoal Creek, recruited more than 72 charities that participated throughout the state.
The primary goal of participating organizations through the Birdies for Charity program is to successfully solicit and collect pledges of $.02 or more from the general public and corporate donors based on birdies made by the Champions Tour players during tournament week. Flat donations of $15 or more are also accepted by participating charities. Administrative and promotional costs for the program are completely covered by the Regions Tradition.
Another exciting aspect to the Birdies for Charity program is the Red Diamond “Bonus Bucks” competition. Additional funds are given to the top ten charities raising the most money. First place receives a 100% match of $10,000, second place receives a 100% match of $7,500, third place receives a 100% match of $5,000 and fourth place receives a 100% match of $2,500. Fifth, sixth, seventh and eight places receive an additional $1,000 and ninth and tenth places receive $500 each.
Red Diamond recognized the top ten charities from the “Bonus Bucks” competition today at their company headquarters in Birmingham.
The Vestavia Hills Athletic Association once again raised the most money by soliciting more than $69,000 in pledges and donations. With the additional “Bonus Bucks,” the organization will receive more than $79,000 through the Birdies for Charity program. Raising the second highest amount of money was Grace Klein Community, Inc., and raising the third highest amount was the Assistance League of Birmingham.
The total raised by all participating charities totaled $354,000. With the additional $30,000 matched from Red Diamond, the Birdies for Charity program as a whole raised a grand total of $384,000 in 2013, over $61,000 more than the prior year.
Below is a complete listing of the 2013 Top Ten Birdies for Charity Winners:
- 1st Place and winner of $10,000 – VESTAVIA HILLS ATHLETIC ASSOCIATION
- 2nd Place and winner of $7,500 – GRACE KLEIN COMMUNITY, INC.
- 3rd Place and winner of $5,000 – ASSISTANCE LEAGUE OF BIRMINGHAM
- 4th Place and winner of $2,500 – NORWOOD RESOURCE CENTER
- 5th Place and winner of $1,000 – HANDS ON BIRMINGHAM
- 6th Place and winner of $1,000 – COMMUNITY GRIEF SUPPORT SERVICE
- 7th Place and winner of $1,000 – CHILD ADVOCACY CENTER OF MARSHALL COUNTY
- 8th Place and winner of $1,000 – FELLOWSHIP HOUSE, INC.
- 9th Place and winner of $500 – LIGHTHOUSE COUNSELING CENTER, INC.
- 10th Place and winner of $500 – METHODIST HOME FOR THE AGING
To become involved in the 2014 Regions Tradition Birdies for Charity program, organizations must have 501(c) 3 status as recognized by the IRS. All 501(c)3 organizations are invited to attend the 2014 Birdies for Charity Kickoff Event on January 21st at the Regions Building in Downtown Birmingham. For more information on Birdies for Charity, as well as a list of participating charities, go to regionstradition.com. For questions, contact Hunt Bowers by email at email@example.com.
- PGA TOUR joins AJGA as Official Partner 01/13/2017
- Tiger Woods Foundation, Discovery Education partner to offer digital education resources 01/10/2017
- Puerto Rico Open strengthens ties to Ricky Martin Foundation and its allies at Centro Tau 12/28/2016
- CVS Health Charity Classic reaches $20 million in philanthropic support to Southeastern New England charities 12/23/2016
- PGA TOUR Volunteer Challenge presented by Myrbetriq donation leads to Boys and Girls Club program development 12/22/2016
- PGA TOUR Volunteer Challenge continues to support charitable mission 12/19/2016
- BMW Championship raises $2.8 million for Evans Scholars Foundation in 2016 12/16/2016
- WinCo Foods Portland Open announces $1.25 million raised for charity in 2016 12/15/2016
- DAP Championship makes $223,000 charitable donation to The LeBron James Family Foundation 12/13/2016
- Furyk Foundation provides Hope for the Holidays in North Florida 12/13/2016