Jason and Ellie Day provide relief assistance to typhoon-stricken Philippines
January 8, 2014
WESTERVILLE, Ohio– Brighter Days Foundation (BDF), founded by PGA TOUR player Jason Day and his wife, Ellie, is partnering with international humanitarian aid and disaster relief organization Matthew 25: Ministries (M25M) to provide much-needed supplies to those in the Philippines still suffering from the after-effects of devastating Typhoon Haiyan.
This month, multiple containers filled with much-needed items including tents, nonperishable foods, baby and infant supplies, paper products, personal hygiene items and cleaning supplies will be shipped to the hard-hit region.
Day lost eight family members in the tragedy, including his grandmother, uncle and cousins.
“Though we can’t do anything to bring loved ones back, what we can do is provide hope as well as the necessities to those still living in terrible conditions,” said Day. “The relief efforts will be continuing for a long time, and Ellie and I are humbled to have the opportunity to help those in such great need.”
Each container provides enough supplies for approximately 25,000 people; the partnership with Brighter Days Foundation will ensure that three containers filled with supplies reaches approximately 75,000 disaster victims. Individuals and companies interested in joining the Days in relief efforts can make a secure online donation by specifying Brighter Days in the donation dedication box here.
“Typhoon Haiyan was a disaster of epic proportions, and the need for relief continues,” said Tim Mettey, CEO and Disaster Relief Coordinator for M25M. “We are honored to partner with Jason and Ellie Day through their Brighter Days Foundation. Their generosity of spirit and support will go a long way toward helping the people of the Philippines.”
- Ryan Palmer Foundation comes to DFW as Brighter Smiles Initiative 05/20/2016
- Joint Effort in Fort McMurray Wildfire Relief 05/18/2016
- Contest winner donates $10,000 prize to United Cerebral Palsy of the Inland Empire 05/18/2016
- Constellation names Philadelphia charities to receive donations as part of 2016 SENIOR PLAYERS Championship 05/18/2016
- Spieth inspires during clinic for special needs children at THE PLAYERS 05/14/2016
- David Hearn Foundation Wine Label donates to Alzheimer's Society of Canada 05/12/2016
- PGA TOUR Wives, Everbank team up for Community PedsCare event at THE PLAYERS 05/11/2016
- Fleur de Lis artwork benefits Fore!Kids Foundation at Zurich Classic 05/10/2016
- DeLaet to Support Charity by Donating Money for On-Course Performance 05/06/2016
- Jordan Spieth, FedEx donate $1 million to St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital 05/04/2016