Jason and Ellie Day provide relief assistance to typhoon-stricken Philippines
January 8, 2014
WESTERVILLE, Ohio– Brighter Days Foundation (BDF), founded by PGA TOUR player Jason Day and his wife, Ellie, is partnering with international humanitarian aid and disaster relief organization Matthew 25: Ministries (M25M) to provide much-needed supplies to those in the Philippines still suffering from the after-effects of devastating Typhoon Haiyan.
This month, multiple containers filled with much-needed items including tents, nonperishable foods, baby and infant supplies, paper products, personal hygiene items and cleaning supplies will be shipped to the hard-hit region.
Day lost eight family members in the tragedy, including his grandmother, uncle and cousins.
“Though we can’t do anything to bring loved ones back, what we can do is provide hope as well as the necessities to those still living in terrible conditions,” said Day. “The relief efforts will be continuing for a long time, and Ellie and I are humbled to have the opportunity to help those in such great need.”
Each container provides enough supplies for approximately 25,000 people; the partnership with Brighter Days Foundation will ensure that three containers filled with supplies reaches approximately 75,000 disaster victims. Individuals and companies interested in joining the Days in relief efforts can make a secure online donation by specifying Brighter Days in the donation dedication box here.
“Typhoon Haiyan was a disaster of epic proportions, and the need for relief continues,” said Tim Mettey, CEO and Disaster Relief Coordinator for M25M. “We are honored to partner with Jason and Ellie Day through their Brighter Days Foundation. Their generosity of spirit and support will go a long way toward helping the people of the Philippines.”
- Help injured veterans by joining the World’s Largest Golf Outing on August 3 07/30/2015
- Woods, Fowler take on 19th hole for charity at Quicken Loans National 07/29/2015
- Quicken Loans continues commitment to providing access to military tickets for PGA TOUR events 07/28/2015
- Wyndham Championship takes on childhood hunger in North Carolina's Piedmont Triad 07/24/2015
- Over $500K donated through #RBCGolf4Kids charity challenge 07/23/2015
- David Hearn launches foundation in support of the Alzheimer Society 07/23/2015
- Honda Classic sets charity record despite massive storm 07/23/2015
- Justin Rose named 2015 Spirit of Golf award recipient 07/20/2015
- Birdies for Charity helps kids in the Quad Cities 07/10/2015
- Jordan Spieth to participate in Caddy For A Cure during Quicken Loans National pro-am 07/10/2015