Jason and Ellie Day provide relief assistance to typhoon-stricken Philippines
January 8, 2014
WESTERVILLE, Ohio– Brighter Days Foundation (BDF), founded by PGA TOUR player Jason Day and his wife, Ellie, is partnering with international humanitarian aid and disaster relief organization Matthew 25: Ministries (M25M) to provide much-needed supplies to those in the Philippines still suffering from the after-effects of devastating Typhoon Haiyan.
This month, multiple containers filled with much-needed items including tents, nonperishable foods, baby and infant supplies, paper products, personal hygiene items and cleaning supplies will be shipped to the hard-hit region.
Day lost eight family members in the tragedy, including his grandmother, uncle and cousins.
“Though we can’t do anything to bring loved ones back, what we can do is provide hope as well as the necessities to those still living in terrible conditions,” said Day. “The relief efforts will be continuing for a long time, and Ellie and I are humbled to have the opportunity to help those in such great need.”
Each container provides enough supplies for approximately 25,000 people; the partnership with Brighter Days Foundation will ensure that three containers filled with supplies reaches approximately 75,000 disaster victims. Individuals and companies interested in joining the Days in relief efforts can make a secure online donation by specifying Brighter Days in the donation dedication box here.
“Typhoon Haiyan was a disaster of epic proportions, and the need for relief continues,” said Tim Mettey, CEO and Disaster Relief Coordinator for M25M. “We are honored to partner with Jason and Ellie Day through their Brighter Days Foundation. Their generosity of spirit and support will go a long way toward helping the people of the Philippines.”
- Drew Charter School makes positive impact on East Lake 09/27/2016
- Show Your Support 09/26/2016
- Birdies for the Brave conducts warrior club fitting at TOUR Championship 09/26/2016
- “84 for 84” effort will benefit East Lake Foundation 09/22/2016
- Valspar Championship donates second Habitat For Humanity house 09/20/2016
- Henderson State unveils Ken Duke golf facility 09/19/2016
- PGA TOUR players give $100,000 to assist with flood relief 09/16/2016
- VIDEO: Jordan Spieth's ace nets $100,000 for Evans Scholars Foundation 09/15/2016
- Team Rose provides unique caddy experience to fallen hero's son during BMW Championship 09/14/2016
- Winner of Deutsche Bank Championship's volunteer challenge announced 09/07/2016