Jason and Ellie Day provide relief assistance to typhoon-stricken Philippines
January 8, 2014
WESTERVILLE, Ohio– Brighter Days Foundation (BDF), founded by PGA TOUR player Jason Day and his wife, Ellie, is partnering with international humanitarian aid and disaster relief organization Matthew 25: Ministries (M25M) to provide much-needed supplies to those in the Philippines still suffering from the after-effects of devastating Typhoon Haiyan.
This month, multiple containers filled with much-needed items including tents, nonperishable foods, baby and infant supplies, paper products, personal hygiene items and cleaning supplies will be shipped to the hard-hit region.
Day lost eight family members in the tragedy, including his grandmother, uncle and cousins.
“Though we can’t do anything to bring loved ones back, what we can do is provide hope as well as the necessities to those still living in terrible conditions,” said Day. “The relief efforts will be continuing for a long time, and Ellie and I are humbled to have the opportunity to help those in such great need.”
Each container provides enough supplies for approximately 25,000 people; the partnership with Brighter Days Foundation will ensure that three containers filled with supplies reaches approximately 75,000 disaster victims. Individuals and companies interested in joining the Days in relief efforts can make a secure online donation by specifying Brighter Days in the donation dedication box here.
“Typhoon Haiyan was a disaster of epic proportions, and the need for relief continues,” said Tim Mettey, CEO and Disaster Relief Coordinator for M25M. “We are honored to partner with Jason and Ellie Day through their Brighter Days Foundation. Their generosity of spirit and support will go a long way toward helping the people of the Philippines.”
- DeChambeau hosts junior clinic in advance of RBC Canadian Open at Glen Abbey 07/20/2016
- Getting to know one another keeps the world - and us - going around 07/20/2016
- VIDEO: Military homecoming at the Bridgestone Invitational 07/15/2016
- Danny Lee's birdie campaign nets $30,000 for West Virginia flood relief 07/14/2016
- Web.com Tour’s Ellie Mae Classic at TPC Stonebrae to feature Habitat for Humanity playhouse build 07/13/2016
- United Rentals teams with Birdies for the Brave to honor and empower military families during PGA TOUR tournaments in 2016 07/13/2016
- Honda Classic distributes over $3 million to charities in 2016 07/12/2016
- Help military families by playing in the World’s Largest Golf Outing 07/12/2016
- Meet Ashok Babu Kolla, 2016 Bridgestone Invitational winner of the PGA TOUR Volunteer Challenge 07/12/2016
- PGA TOUR players band together in support of Chalmer's autism foundation 07/06/2016