WGC-Bridgestone Invitational to benefit two Ohio-based Ronald McDonald House chapters
February 11, 2014
AKRON, Ohio – World Golf Championships-Bridgestone Invitational tournament officials announced today that the Ronald McDonald House® of Cleveland and the Ronald McDonald House® of Akron, which support families whose children receive treatment at area medical centers by providing a home-like environment and essential resources and services, will serve as the tournament’s anchor charities for a second year.
The Ronald McDonald Houses of Cleveland and Akron will each receive $50,000 from 2014 Bridgestone Invitational charity proceeds. In addition, both Ronald McDonald Houses have an opportunity to earn additional funds in an effort to grow corporate support for the Bridgestone Invitational and increase tournament charity proceeds.
"The Bridgestone Invitational and Northern Ohio Golf Charities are proud to partner with the Ronald McDonald Houses of Cleveland and Akron for a second year,” said Bridgestone Invitational Executive Director Don Padgett. “In selecting the Houses as our anchor charities, we hope to raise awareness of their critical work in Northeast Ohio to help hospitalized children and their families.”
Charitable proceeds from the Bridgestone Invitational are raised through hospitality package and ticket sales. Greater attendance and support for the event translate into more funds available for the event’s charitable arm, Northern Ohio Golf Charities. With the continuation of the Ronald McDonald Houses of Cleveland and Akron as the Bridgestone Invitational anchor charities, Northern Ohio Golf Charities will carry on their legacy of supporting various worthy causes throughout the region.
In March, the Bridgestone Invitational and Northern Ohio Golf Charities will announce the full list of charities that will receive grants from 2013 tournament proceeds.
- “84 for 84” effort will benefit East Lake Foundation 09/22/2016
- Valspar Championship donates second Habitat For Humanity house 09/20/2016
- Henderson State unveils Ken Duke golf facility 09/19/2016
- PGA TOUR players give $100,000 to assist with flood relief 09/16/2016
- VIDEO: Jordan Spieth's ace nets $100,000 for Evans Scholars Foundation 09/15/2016
- Team Rose provides unique caddy experience to fallen hero's son during BMW Championship 09/14/2016
- Winner of Deutsche Bank Championship's volunteer challenge announced 09/07/2016
- David Toms' call for help with Louisiana flood relief 09/01/2016
- Team effort at Deutsche Bank Championship makes for a great start to school year 09/01/2016
- Phil Mickelson, Stacy Lewis support literacy through KPMG's 'Blue for Books' program 09/01/2016