WGC-Bridgestone Invitational to benefit two Ohio-based Ronald McDonald House chapters
February 11, 2014
AKRON, Ohio – World Golf Championships-Bridgestone Invitational tournament officials announced today that the Ronald McDonald House® of Cleveland and the Ronald McDonald House® of Akron, which support families whose children receive treatment at area medical centers by providing a home-like environment and essential resources and services, will serve as the tournament’s anchor charities for a second year.
The Ronald McDonald Houses of Cleveland and Akron will each receive $50,000 from 2014 Bridgestone Invitational charity proceeds. In addition, both Ronald McDonald Houses have an opportunity to earn additional funds in an effort to grow corporate support for the Bridgestone Invitational and increase tournament charity proceeds.
"The Bridgestone Invitational and Northern Ohio Golf Charities are proud to partner with the Ronald McDonald Houses of Cleveland and Akron for a second year,” said Bridgestone Invitational Executive Director Don Padgett. “In selecting the Houses as our anchor charities, we hope to raise awareness of their critical work in Northeast Ohio to help hospitalized children and their families.”
Charitable proceeds from the Bridgestone Invitational are raised through hospitality package and ticket sales. Greater attendance and support for the event translate into more funds available for the event’s charitable arm, Northern Ohio Golf Charities. With the continuation of the Ronald McDonald Houses of Cleveland and Akron as the Bridgestone Invitational anchor charities, Northern Ohio Golf Charities will carry on their legacy of supporting various worthy causes throughout the region.
In March, the Bridgestone Invitational and Northern Ohio Golf Charities will announce the full list of charities that will receive grants from 2013 tournament proceeds.
- VIDEO: Jason Kokrak lends his support to homeless pets 04/01/2015
- VIDEO: Erik Compton supports National Donate Life Month 04/01/2015
- MD Anderson to educate the public on cancer prevention through new relationship with the PGA TOUR 03/31/2015
- Janzen, Mediate volunteer at Biloxi Habitat home 03/27/2015
- Valero Texas Open: A bond beyond the ropes for Ryan Polzin and caddie Randy Jones 03/26/2015
- Valero Texas Open teams with Callaway Golf, Birdies for the Brave to honor two local wounded heroes 03/26/2015
- The First Tee of Tucson: Keeping Kids on the Right Course 03/23/2015
- VIDEO: LPGA, USGA Girls Golf launch Little Girls, Big Dreams campaign 03/19/2015
- Callaway provides fitting gratitude to Purple Heart recipients during Arnold Palmer Invitational 03/18/2015
- Graham and Ruby DeLaet Foundation, The Children's Wish Foundation named charitable partners of the Nova Scotia Open 03/16/2015