WGC-Bridgestone Invitational to benefit two Ohio-based Ronald McDonald House chapters
February 11, 2014
AKRON, Ohio – World Golf Championships-Bridgestone Invitational tournament officials announced today that the Ronald McDonald House® of Cleveland and the Ronald McDonald House® of Akron, which support families whose children receive treatment at area medical centers by providing a home-like environment and essential resources and services, will serve as the tournament’s anchor charities for a second year.
The Ronald McDonald Houses of Cleveland and Akron will each receive $50,000 from 2014 Bridgestone Invitational charity proceeds. In addition, both Ronald McDonald Houses have an opportunity to earn additional funds in an effort to grow corporate support for the Bridgestone Invitational and increase tournament charity proceeds.
"The Bridgestone Invitational and Northern Ohio Golf Charities are proud to partner with the Ronald McDonald Houses of Cleveland and Akron for a second year,” said Bridgestone Invitational Executive Director Don Padgett. “In selecting the Houses as our anchor charities, we hope to raise awareness of their critical work in Northeast Ohio to help hospitalized children and their families.”
Charitable proceeds from the Bridgestone Invitational are raised through hospitality package and ticket sales. Greater attendance and support for the event translate into more funds available for the event’s charitable arm, Northern Ohio Golf Charities. With the continuation of the Ronald McDonald Houses of Cleveland and Akron as the Bridgestone Invitational anchor charities, Northern Ohio Golf Charities will carry on their legacy of supporting various worthy causes throughout the region.
In March, the Bridgestone Invitational and Northern Ohio Golf Charities will announce the full list of charities that will receive grants from 2013 tournament proceeds.
- CBS Sports special focuses on PGA TOUR players’ charitable initiatives 07/28/2014
- Valspar Championship presented by BB&T raises $1.6 million for charity in 2014 07/28/2014
- Shaw Communications announces campaign to benefit Graham and Ruby DeLaet Foundation 07/25/2014
- BMW Championship exhibition raises $45,000 for Evans Scholars Foundation 07/24/2014
- PHOTOS: Web.com Tour Wives partner with Midwest Classic to create "Camp Quality Baskets" 07/23/2014
- Jarrod Lyle: A survivor seeking to help others 07/22/2014
- Fred Couples joins Snoqualmie Showdown charity event on August 4 07/22/2014
- Darren Clarke receives Golf Foundation's ‘Spirit of Golf’ award 07/21/2014
- VIDEO: The First Tee visits The Greenbrier Classic 07/17/2014
- PHOTOS: Web.com Tour players shop for charity during Albertsons Boise Open 07/17/2014