WGC-Bridgestone Invitational to benefit two Ohio-based Ronald McDonald House chapters
February 11, 2014
AKRON, Ohio – World Golf Championships-Bridgestone Invitational tournament officials announced today that the Ronald McDonald House® of Cleveland and the Ronald McDonald House® of Akron, which support families whose children receive treatment at area medical centers by providing a home-like environment and essential resources and services, will serve as the tournament’s anchor charities for a second year.
The Ronald McDonald Houses of Cleveland and Akron will each receive $50,000 from 2014 Bridgestone Invitational charity proceeds. In addition, both Ronald McDonald Houses have an opportunity to earn additional funds in an effort to grow corporate support for the Bridgestone Invitational and increase tournament charity proceeds.
"The Bridgestone Invitational and Northern Ohio Golf Charities are proud to partner with the Ronald McDonald Houses of Cleveland and Akron for a second year,” said Bridgestone Invitational Executive Director Don Padgett. “In selecting the Houses as our anchor charities, we hope to raise awareness of their critical work in Northeast Ohio to help hospitalized children and their families.”
Charitable proceeds from the Bridgestone Invitational are raised through hospitality package and ticket sales. Greater attendance and support for the event translate into more funds available for the event’s charitable arm, Northern Ohio Golf Charities. With the continuation of the Ronald McDonald Houses of Cleveland and Akron as the Bridgestone Invitational anchor charities, Northern Ohio Golf Charities will carry on their legacy of supporting various worthy causes throughout the region.
In March, the Bridgestone Invitational and Northern Ohio Golf Charities will announce the full list of charities that will receive grants from 2013 tournament proceeds.
- DeChambeau hosts junior clinic in advance of RBC Canadian Open at Glen Abbey 07/20/2016
- Getting to know one another keeps the world - and us - going around 07/20/2016
- VIDEO: Military homecoming at the Bridgestone Invitational 07/15/2016
- Danny Lee's birdie campaign nets $30,000 for West Virginia flood relief 07/14/2016
- Web.com Tour’s Ellie Mae Classic at TPC Stonebrae to feature Habitat for Humanity playhouse build 07/13/2016
- United Rentals teams with Birdies for the Brave to honor and empower military families during PGA TOUR tournaments in 2016 07/13/2016
- Honda Classic distributes over $3 million to charities in 2016 07/12/2016
- Help military families by playing in the World’s Largest Golf Outing 07/12/2016
- Meet Ashok Babu Kolla, 2016 Bridgestone Invitational winner of the PGA TOUR Volunteer Challenge 07/12/2016
- PGA TOUR players band together in support of Chalmer's autism foundation 07/06/2016