WGC-Bridgestone Invitational to benefit two Ohio-based Ronald McDonald House chapters
February 11, 2014
AKRON, Ohio – World Golf Championships-Bridgestone Invitational tournament officials announced today that the Ronald McDonald House® of Cleveland and the Ronald McDonald House® of Akron, which support families whose children receive treatment at area medical centers by providing a home-like environment and essential resources and services, will serve as the tournament’s anchor charities for a second year.
The Ronald McDonald Houses of Cleveland and Akron will each receive $50,000 from 2014 Bridgestone Invitational charity proceeds. In addition, both Ronald McDonald Houses have an opportunity to earn additional funds in an effort to grow corporate support for the Bridgestone Invitational and increase tournament charity proceeds.
"The Bridgestone Invitational and Northern Ohio Golf Charities are proud to partner with the Ronald McDonald Houses of Cleveland and Akron for a second year,” said Bridgestone Invitational Executive Director Don Padgett. “In selecting the Houses as our anchor charities, we hope to raise awareness of their critical work in Northeast Ohio to help hospitalized children and their families.”
Charitable proceeds from the Bridgestone Invitational are raised through hospitality package and ticket sales. Greater attendance and support for the event translate into more funds available for the event’s charitable arm, Northern Ohio Golf Charities. With the continuation of the Ronald McDonald Houses of Cleveland and Akron as the Bridgestone Invitational anchor charities, Northern Ohio Golf Charities will carry on their legacy of supporting various worthy causes throughout the region.
In March, the Bridgestone Invitational and Northern Ohio Golf Charities will announce the full list of charities that will receive grants from 2013 tournament proceeds.
- Els for Autism Golf Challenge raises close to $12 million in five years 11/24/2015
- Callaway honors Georgia heroes at RSM Classic 11/24/2015
- Charitable impact of $2,316,623 generated by 2015 Shell Houston Open 11/13/2015
- Nationwide Children’s Hospital Championship announces record-setting charitable donation 11/12/2015
- WATCH: Bass Pro Shops Legends of Golf, College of Ozarks team up to honor veterans 11/11/2015
- THE PLAYERS Championship announces record $8.1 million generated for local charities from 2015 tournament 11/11/2015
- PHOTOS: PGA TOUR Wives host arts and crafts event at Batson Children’s Hospital 11/09/2015
- Meet the 2015 Shriners Hospitals for Children Open National Patient Ambassadors 11/04/2015
- Jim Furyk helps kick off THE PLAYERS Giving Back Month with Dreams Come True 11/02/2015
- 2015 John Deere Classic smashes charity record 11/01/2015