Kirkland Davidson named 2013 Web.com Tour Volunteer of the Year
February 26, 2014
PONTE VEDRA BEACH, Fla. – The Web.com Tour has selected Kirkland Davidson of the WNB Golf Classic in Midland, Texas as its 2013 Volunteer of the Year.
Davidson has volunteered at the WNB Golf Classic since 2003 and served in a myriad of capacities over the last decade. In recent years, he has concentrated on leading other volunteers, staking and roping the golf course, nightly trash collection, replenishing water and ice stops, and just about anything else he’s asked to do. Among the duties he enjoys most is cooking for the caddies and players, which he does at least one night every year, and serving drinks to players, caddies and the public on the 16th hole on the weekend.
“Kirkland is a jack of all trades,” said tournament director Scotty Niemann. “He’s there to do whatever is needed. It would be hard to run our tournament without him. Some days Kirkland spends 24 hours at the golf course, sleeping on site. And he accomplishes all he does while keeping in touch with his business clients throughout the day via his cell phone. You won’t meet a better person than Kirkland Davidson. We’re lucky to have him on our team. All of us associated with the WNB Golf Classic congratulate Kirkland on receiving this honor.”
Davidson is a Central Texas native who has lived in Midland since 1990. His occupation is sales for an oil rental company.
“The Web.com Tour is pleased to recognize and congratulate Kirkland Davidson as our 2013 Volunteer of the Year,” said Web.com Tour president Bill Calfee. “Kirkland is one of approximately 10,000 men and women who provide dedicated and unselfish service to our 25 tournaments. Volunteers are the heart and soul of the Web.com Tour and are central to the Tour’s efforts to support charities and community organizations in places like Midland and all the other communities where we play. Kirkland is clearly one of the special individuals we come in contact and whose commitment we benefit from.”
The 2014 WNB Golf Classic will be played April 24-27 at Midland Country Club.
- Els for Autism Golf Challenge raises close to $12 million in five years 11/24/2015
- Callaway honors Georgia heroes at RSM Classic 11/24/2015
- Charitable impact of $2,316,623 generated by 2015 Shell Houston Open 11/13/2015
- Nationwide Children’s Hospital Championship announces record-setting charitable donation 11/12/2015
- WATCH: Bass Pro Shops Legends of Golf, College of Ozarks team up to honor veterans 11/11/2015
- THE PLAYERS Championship announces record $8.1 million generated for local charities from 2015 tournament 11/11/2015
- PHOTOS: PGA TOUR Wives host arts and crafts event at Batson Children’s Hospital 11/09/2015
- Meet the 2015 Shriners Hospitals for Children Open National Patient Ambassadors 11/04/2015
- Jim Furyk helps kick off THE PLAYERS Giving Back Month with Dreams Come True 11/02/2015
- 2015 John Deere Classic smashes charity record 11/01/2015