The First Tee Scholars class of 2014 announced
February 7, 2014
ST. AUGUSTINE, Fla. – Since launching The First Tee Scholars Program in 2003, The First Tee has designated 623 participants as The First Tee Scholars, including more than 100 high school seniors who earned The First Tee Scholar – Class of 2014 designation. Through generous donors, The First Tee has funded 112 college scholarships worth more than $1 million since the program began.
“The First Tee emphasizes the importance of transferring life skills and core values learned on the golf course to school and other areas of their life,” said Joe Louis Barrow, Jr., chief executive officer of The First Tee. “We’re proud to recognize these teens as they have excelled in academics and leadership skills, and we look forward to watching them flourish in their post-secondary educational efforts.”
The First Tee Scholars Program recognizes participants for exceptional achievement in academics, leadership, character development and chapter and community involvement. With this designation, participants have the opportunity to apply for any educational scholarship programs offered through The First Tee to attend a participating college or university. More than 20 colleges and universities throughout the United States have partnered with The First Tee to offer merit-based or leadership scholarships that help to offset the cost of attending school.
Applications are accepted once per year from seniors in high school who meet the minimum requirements and are scored by an independent committee.
- Price Cutter Charity Championship gifts more than $905,000 to Missouri children’s charities 11/30/2016
- The Mission Continues: 10-Years of Birdies for the Brave 11/28/2016
- PGA TOUR distributes 300 Thanksgiving baskets to Northeast Florida families 11/18/2016
- Record-setting charitable donation announced for 10th playing of the Nationwide Children’s Hospital Championship 11/17/2016
- Mentoring Matters: Golfing Turns Into Life Lessons At First Tee Miami 11/16/2016
- PGA TOUR Wives Wiffle Ball Classic at The RSM Classic raises $35,000 11/16/2016
- Memorial Tournament presented by Nationwide donates $1,676,500 to Nationwide Children’s Hospital 11/15/2016
- OHL Mayakoba Classic donates 100 wheelchairs in Mexico 11/12/2016
- THE PLAYERS announces $8.5 million raised for charity in 2016 11/03/2016
- John Deere Classic announces $10.5 million raised for nearly 500 charities in 2016 11/03/2016