The First Tee Scholars class of 2014 announced
February 7, 2014
ST. AUGUSTINE, Fla. – Since launching The First Tee Scholars Program in 2003, The First Tee has designated 623 participants as The First Tee Scholars, including more than 100 high school seniors who earned The First Tee Scholar – Class of 2014 designation. Through generous donors, The First Tee has funded 112 college scholarships worth more than $1 million since the program began.
“The First Tee emphasizes the importance of transferring life skills and core values learned on the golf course to school and other areas of their life,” said Joe Louis Barrow, Jr., chief executive officer of The First Tee. “We’re proud to recognize these teens as they have excelled in academics and leadership skills, and we look forward to watching them flourish in their post-secondary educational efforts.”
The First Tee Scholars Program recognizes participants for exceptional achievement in academics, leadership, character development and chapter and community involvement. With this designation, participants have the opportunity to apply for any educational scholarship programs offered through The First Tee to attend a participating college or university. More than 20 colleges and universities throughout the United States have partnered with The First Tee to offer merit-based or leadership scholarships that help to offset the cost of attending school.
Applications are accepted once per year from seniors in high school who meet the minimum requirements and are scored by an independent committee.
- Deutsche Bank Championship hosts sixth annual 'Healthy Packs' event 08/28/2014
- Morgan Hoffmann walks his way to top-10 finish, raises additional $7.5K for charity 08/28/2014
- The First Tee of Massachusetts expands with help of matching grant 08/28/2014
- Justin Leonard finds a charity to come first before golf 08/28/2014
- Team International wins 2014 Notah Begay III Foundation Challenge 08/28/2014
- Third annual Keegan Bradley Charity Classic benefits cancer, opiate addiction research 08/26/2014
- The Principal Charity Classic generates $1.3 million for charity in 2014 08/26/2014
- PGA TOUR Wives host murder mystery event benefitting New Jersey children in need 08/22/2014
- Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield teams with Morgan Hoffmann on The Barclays walking challenge 08/21/2014
- Greater Gwinnett Championship distributes over $170,000 to local charities 08/21/2014