The First Tee Scholars class of 2014 announced
February 7, 2014
ST. AUGUSTINE, Fla. – Since launching The First Tee Scholars Program in 2003, The First Tee has designated 623 participants as The First Tee Scholars, including more than 100 high school seniors who earned The First Tee Scholar – Class of 2014 designation. Through generous donors, The First Tee has funded 112 college scholarships worth more than $1 million since the program began.
“The First Tee emphasizes the importance of transferring life skills and core values learned on the golf course to school and other areas of their life,” said Joe Louis Barrow, Jr., chief executive officer of The First Tee. “We’re proud to recognize these teens as they have excelled in academics and leadership skills, and we look forward to watching them flourish in their post-secondary educational efforts.”
The First Tee Scholars Program recognizes participants for exceptional achievement in academics, leadership, character development and chapter and community involvement. With this designation, participants have the opportunity to apply for any educational scholarship programs offered through The First Tee to attend a participating college or university. More than 20 colleges and universities throughout the United States have partnered with The First Tee to offer merit-based or leadership scholarships that help to offset the cost of attending school.
Applications are accepted once per year from seniors in high school who meet the minimum requirements and are scored by an independent committee.
- PING unveils limited edition pink driver benefiting Bubba Watson's foundation 08/25/2016
- 2016 AT&T Byron Nelson raises $5.8 million for Momentous Institute 08/25/2016
- Bubba Watson and caddie Ted Scott pledge support to Louisiana flood relief efforts 08/24/2016
- Glenmorangie teams up with Birdies for the Brave to raise funds for military families, wounded heroes during three PGA TOUR events 08/24/2016
- Charity leads the way for inaugural GolfBC Championship 08/18/2016
- VIDEO: A legacy of giving back at the Price Cutter Charity Championship 08/17/2016
- Meet Gianna 'One-Handed Lady Golfer' Rojas, volunteer at The Barclays 08/16/2016
- Ken Duke's dream for others reaches fruition with practice facility 08/11/2016
- Travelers donates $58,000 to Jim Furyk's charity of choice after record-setting 58 08/10/2016
- Jim Furyk named 2016 Payne Stewart Award recipient 08/09/2016