THE PLAYERS announces Jake Owen to headline Military Appreciation Day Ceremony
February 7, 2014
PONTE VEDRA BEACH, Fla. – THE PLAYERS Championship, along with RCA Nashville, announced today that country music star Jake Owen will perform on Wednesday, May 7, as part of the tournament’s Military Appreciation Day. Owen’s performance will take place on the TPC Sawgrass Clubhouse Lawn and conclude a day of special activities and programs that celebrate the men and women of the Armed Forces. THE PLAYERS 2014 returns to THE PLAYERS Stadium Course at TPC Sawgrass from May 6-11.
For nearly a decade, Vero Beach-native Jake Owen has been delivering chart-topping country hits, including four consecutive No. 1 singles since 2011. Owen earned GRAMMY and CMA nominations in 2008 with his revival of “Life in A Northern Town” with Sugarland and Little Big Town, and in 2009 he was named Top New Male Vocalist by the Academy of Country Music. Owen’s first headlining tour, CMT ON TOUR JAKE OWEN: THE SUMMER NEVER ENDS 2012, made CMT history for the most sold-out shows in a row for the annual nationwide tour. Owen is launching his second headlining tour in March 2014 - JAKE OWEN’S DAYS OF GOLD TOUR. The 55-city plus tour also stars Eli Young Band* along with Parmalee*, Thomas Rhett* and The Cadillac Three. (*select dates).
"Performing for the military is always a true honor. I admire what these men and women do to serve our country and I can't wait to show my support," Owen said.
The Military Appreciation Day ceremony will also feature pageantry by military personnel and remarks by PGA TOUR Commissioner Tim Finchem, a player from the field (TBD) and additional high-profile speakers from the U.S. Military.
In addition to the performance, THE PLAYERS will provide all active duty, retired, and Reserve military personnel along with their dependents with complimentary admission to the tournament all week. THE PLAYERS also offers discounted admission to veterans. Military members who are interested in the complimentary admission should go to PGATOUR.COM/THE PLAYERS and click on the ticket link for instructions about how to gain complimentary access to the tournament, which is a different process than the past. Non-career military veterans should also log on to PGATOUR.COM/THE PLAYERS and find instructions about how to obtain discounted tickets to the tournament.
More information about THE PLAYERS is available at PGATOUR.COM/theplayers.
- The Barclays honors military members and their families during week-long activities 08/30/2016
- PING unveils limited edition pink driver benefiting Bubba Watson's foundation 08/25/2016
- 2016 AT&T Byron Nelson raises $5.8 million for Momentous Institute 08/25/2016
- Bubba Watson and caddie Ted Scott pledge support to Louisiana flood relief efforts 08/24/2016
- Glenmorangie teams up with Birdies for the Brave to raise funds for military families, wounded heroes during three PGA TOUR events 08/24/2016
- Charity leads the way for inaugural GolfBC Championship 08/18/2016
- VIDEO: A legacy of giving back at the Price Cutter Charity Championship 08/17/2016
- Meet Gianna 'One-Handed Lady Golfer' Rojas, volunteer at The Barclays 08/16/2016
- Ken Duke's dream for others reaches fruition with practice facility 08/11/2016
- Travelers donates $58,000 to Jim Furyk's charity of choice after record-setting 58 08/10/2016