Allianz Championship birdies to bring donations to Junior Achievement
February 3, 2014
MINNEAPOLIS – Allianz Life Insurance Company of North America has announced an exciting social media challenge that will take place during this week's Allianz Championship to be held Feb. 7-9 at the Old Course at Broken Sound in Boca Raton, Fla. Every tweet during the tournament with the hashtag #AllianzBirdies will generate a $1 donation, up to a total of $40,000, for Junior Achievement of South Florida, with Allianz Life already committing a minimum of $20,000 to the organization.
Throughout the three-day event, golf fans who attend the Allianz Championship or watch at home on the Golf Channel are encouraged to send tweets using #AllianzBirdies every time they witness a birdie from any of the legends of golf participating in the 2014 tournament, including Tom Lehman, Bernhard Langer, Corey Pavin and last year’s winner Rocco Mediate, and help raise money for Junior Achievement’s financial literacy programs.
“We’re excited to extend the charitable impact of this tournament to benefit the great work done by Junior Achievement in South Florida,” said Allianz Life Chief Marketing Officer Nancy Jones. “Allianz Life is passionate about supporting financial literacy, and we’re confident that the #AllianzBirdies Twitter Challenge will get people energized about the Allianz Championship and bring more attention to Junior Achievement and its goal of helping young people build their financial literacy skills.”
Allianz Life will share updates about the #AllianzBirdies Twitter Challenge throughout the Allianz Championship via its two Twitter handles: @AllianzLife, which focuses on financial literacy, education, corporate programs, and consumer engagement; and @AllianzLifeNews, which focuses on corporate announcements, company press releases and media relations.
Allianz Life partners with Junior Achievement because of its focus on improving financial literacy. During the past two years, Allianz Life has donated more than $215,000 to Junior Achievement both in South Florida and in Minnesota, where the company is based.
With 13 chapters in Florida, Junior Achievement is the world’s largest organization dedicated to educating students about workforce readiness, entrepreneurship and financial literacy through experiential, hands-on programs. The 2014 Allianz Championship is the first tournament of the early-season Florida swing for the Champions Tour. The Golf Channel will televise all three rounds with tournament proceeds donated to the Boca Raton Regional Hospital.
- Alicia Malnati and Sport for Community 05/26/2016
- Birdies for the Brave teams with Callaway Golf to honor wounded heroes during DEAN & DELUCA Invitational 05/26/2016
- Texas native Ryan Palmer gets kids into the swing of things at DEAN & DELUCA Invitational 05/23/2016
- Ryan Palmer Foundation comes to DFW as Brighter Smiles Initiative 05/20/2016
- Contest winner donates $10,000 prize to United Cerebral Palsy of the Inland Empire 05/18/2016
- Constellation names Philadelphia charities to receive donations as part of 2016 SENIOR PLAYERS Championship 05/18/2016
- Joint Effort in Fort McMurray Wildfire Relief 05/18/2016
- Spieth inspires during clinic for special needs children at THE PLAYERS 05/14/2016
- David Hearn Foundation Wine Label donates to Alzheimer's Society of Canada 05/12/2016
- PGA TOUR Wives, Everbank team up for Community PedsCare event at THE PLAYERS 05/11/2016